Bush na Kikwete; Hizi ndio sababu za kupayuka kwetu?

Kubwajinga

JF-Expert Member
Jan 23, 2008
Wadanganyika,
Hebu tuendeleee kuangalia yale yanayomfanya JK kuchukua misimamo ya ajabu ajabu kwenye masuala ya Africa.

Statement by President Bush and President Kikwete of Tanzania after G8
Working Session with Africa Outreach Representatives

TOYAKO, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Windsor Hotel Toya Resort and Spa

Toyako, Japan

4:12 P.M. (Local)

PRESIDENT BUSH: I'm really pleased to be standing with a really good friend of the American people and a great leader in Africa, President Kikwete of Tanzania. I just -- first of all, I'd like to announce that he's coming to visit in late August. I'm really looking forward to having you to the White House; looking forward to giving you a good dinner. And we'll have a good visit.

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: Looking forward.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes. One of the things that's so impressive about his leadership in Tanzania is that the help of the American people is effective help, measurable in the number of people whose lives are being saved, babies are being helped with malaria. I mean, it's just unbelievable the job you've done there. And we're excited to welcome you to the country. I really want the American people to hear firsthand how successful their generosity has been, whether it be on HIV/AIDS or malaria. And Tanzania is a good example. But this success would not have taken place without your leadership, really important.

The other thing we discussed in the -- we discussed a lot of issues with the African leaders here in the G8, but one, of course, was Zimbabwe. You know, I care deeply about the people of Zimbabwe. I am extremely disappointed in the elections, which I labeled a "sham" election. And we, of course, listened very carefully. And President Kikwete, as the head of the AU, has been very involved in this issue. I'm not going to put words in his mouth, he can express his own self, but it was -- this issue of Zimbabwe took a fair amount of time --

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: It did, it did.

PRESIDENT BUSH: -- and rightly so. Anyway, thank you for agreeing to come to the States, and I'm really looking forward to having you.

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: President, let me thank you for the invitation. I'm really looking forward, too. We enjoyed your visit there. I think I've been around for some time. I think one -- that was one of Tanzania's biggest visits.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you.

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: You saw how people came out into the streets to receive you. It's a measure of our appreciation of what the people of the United States have done to apply assist us in many things. Many lives have been saved through those programs in support of malaria, or to HIV/AIDS, but there are so many other programs that are building our -- capacity of our people to measure -- to marry their own development, which we highly appreciate.

Well, of course we see eye-to-eye on many international issues. Of course we have discussed the issue of Zimbabwe, where we understand your concerns. But I want to assure you that the concerns that you have expressed are indeed the concerns of many of us in the African continent. At the last summit of the African Union, many leaders expressed their dissatisfaction at the way things happened. But also we agreed on the way forward.

The only area that we may differ is on the way forward. You see differently, but for us in Africa we see differently. But I think again, there is still room for us for discussions. We are saying no party can govern alone in Zimbabwe, and therefore the parties have to work together to come up to -- to come out, work together, in a government, and then look at the future of their country together.

So this is the way we see it. I don't think there is much, the divergence there. You would have liked to see us do a bit -- some things, we would have liked to see you do some things. But we'll continue to discuss all these issues, and as friends at the end of the day we'll come to an understanding.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you, sir. Looking forward to having you in Washington.

PRESIDENT KIKWETE: Thank you.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Some of these very same people will be there yelling questions there at the press conference.

END 4:17 P.M. (Local)

Contacts
White House Press Office
1-202-456-2580

mbona hatujaambiwa anaenda kufanya nini marekani? au kula dinner tu white house?

huu urafiki wa aina hii na bush una gharama yake. na gharama yake ni kubwa mno. na tukakaoilipa ni sisi watanzania.

kikwete amka baba!

Sasa, KB, misimamo ya ajabuajabu ni ipi katika hiyo statement, hasa kuhusu Zimbabwe? Ulitaka waseme Mugabe ni Rais halali wa Zimbabwe wakati siyo?

Cha kushangaa hapo ni jinsi Bush anavyomchangamkia JK, kuna kitu hapa!!?

I Like the new Bushism..

"Babies are being helped with malaria"...

"American people to hear firsthand how successful their generosity has been, whether it be on HIV/AIDS or malaria. "

Too late folk!

I am not too late, I saw this coming, did not vote for him and urged others not to.

They may be too late, I am not too late, too late for what?

One thing is certainly too late, Kikwete can brush up neither his English nor his diplomatic acumen.

Yaani kaongea utumbo-speak kuliko hata wa mtoto wa shule.

for recognising the unpresidentialness in him. I reckon you have very little that you can do at this material time, haven't you?

As pointed out above, I recognized this in advance, did my best to alert others to avoid this train wreck.

I do not see myself as too late, I see those who voted for him and are just realizing now to be too late.

As for what I can do at this time, I can continue to expose the fraud that he is.You seem to underestimate the significance of that.Is our opposition cadre this hopeless? This is bigger than Kikwete, it is about the whole business of electing capable leaders, so one can never be too late in telling people not to elect fraudulent leaders, even for the sake of 2010 and subsequent elections.

we need to see the bigger picture here, not just the immediate scene.

One thing is certainly too late, Kikwete can brush up neither his English nor his diplomatic acumen.

Yaani kaongea utumbo-speak kuliko hata wa mtoto wa shule.

I feel your pain, it baffles me as well. Tatizo letu watanzania tumeamua kwamba hatuhitaji "akili" na "competence" kwenye siasa, matokeo yake jamaa wanaokwenda kwenye siasa ndio hao. Inauma sana, maana kila wakati nikisikiliza wenzetu wanavyowatathimini wanasiasa wao hawaachi kuanza na shule aliyosema, alipata daraja gani katika degree yake, etc. Kwetu sisi sifa pekee tunayoing'ang'ania ni: amekuwa kada miaka mingapi, ana ujanjaujanja kiasi gani.

Matokeo yake tunao watu kwenye siasa hawajawahi hata kuandika kurasa mbili kwa kujitegemea, na wengine kibao wamejipachika madegree na tumekazania kuwaita.... Sasa huo uwezo wa kuongea sensible and constructively wautoe wapi? Hapo ukiawauliza wangapi wana kitabu hata kimoja cha public speaking, nitashangaa watakaonyanyua mikono wakifika watano!! Tubadilike, tujali akili na competence hata kwenye siasa kwa sababu wanapoboronga tunaumbuka sote, sio wao tu!

As for what I can do at this time, I can continue to expose the fraud that he is.You seem to underestimate the significance of that.Is our opposition cadre this hopeless? This is bigger than Kikwete, it is about the whole business of electing capable leaders, so one can never be too late in telling people not to elect fraudulent leaders, even for the sake of 2010 and subsequent elections.

we need to see the bigger picture here, not just the immediate scene.

Yeah yeah, truly true. But, in the meantime, we have to put up with him, haven't we?

Katika kitabu cha Science Fiction cha Douglas Adams "The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy" ambacho pia kimetengenezwa kuwa filamu, kuna rais wa Galaxy anaitwa Zaphod Beeblebrox. Jamaa hajui chochote zaidi ya kubwabwaja, kusafiri na kujifanya yuko busy wakati hamna anachofanya!

Sometime na feel kama Douglas Adams alikuwa anamuandika Kikwete!

Yeah yeah, truly true. But, in the meantime, we have to put up with him, haven't we?

It all depend on how you look at it, kama unataka kumuondoa leo leo, sio mimi tu hata CHADEMA na civil society ya Tanzania - if we have one- are too late.

My approach embraces gradual change in the absence of rapid revolutions.

By exposing him, I am not putting up with him, to the contrary I am puting him out there for the world to see how much of a fraud he is.

The "putting up" mentality is defeatist, to say the least.I would expect that from the CCM corner, not the opposition.

I am not too late, I saw this coming, did not vote for him and urged others not to.

They may be too late, I am not too late, too late for what?

One thing is certainly too late, Kikwete can brush up neither his English nor his diplomatic acumen.Yaani kaongea utumbo-speak kuliko hata wa mtoto wa shule.

There you go again....so what if his English is not good? Who cares? Evidently, only you....kweli Miafrika Ndivyo Ilivyo!!!!

...what do you consider presidential? your ostentatious vocab?

Not necessarily, oozing ostentatious opium-like opuses obfuscates opaque opinions.

I would settle for an Ahmed Tejan Kabbah type of diction and grace.

Not necessarily, oozing ostentatious opium-like opuses obfuscates opaque opinions.
I would settle for an Ahmed Tejan Kabbah type of diction and grace.

I couldn't help but laugh.....

On a serious note, you always mention Kabbah....can you post a video link of him speaking..?

There you go again....so what if his English is not good? Who cares? Evidently, only you....kweli Miafrika Ndivyo Ilivyo!!!!

The ability to communicate may mean peace or war, economic development or poverty.

You are proving Kitila's point, that in not recognizing important contemporary leadership qualities, such as being somebody who is comfortable at the world stage as well as in the villages, you end up voting for yokels like Kikwete and then wonder why we get such poor deals!

Wewe unafikiri Kikwete kama kuongea kiingereza ni kazi anaweza kwenda G8 kubishana na hao anaowaita "wakubwa" ili Tanzania na Afrika ipate better trade deals? Tena hana hata honesty ya kuomba mkalimani?

The ability to communicate may mean peace or war, economic development or poverty.

You are proving Kitila's point, that in not recognizing important contemporary leadership qualities, such as being somebody who is comfortable at the world stage as well as in the villages, you end up voting for yokels like Kikwete and then wonder why we get such poor deals!

Wewe unafikiri Kikwete kama kuongea kiingereza ni kazi anaweza kwenda G8 kubishana na hao anaowaita "wakubwa" ili Tanzania na Afrika ipate better trade deals? Tena hana hata honesty ya kuomba mkalimani?

Sio lazima abishane nao kwa lugha ya kiingereza. Kwanza sio hao wakubwa wote wanazungumza Kiingereza. Chirac kiingereza chake kilikuwa cha kishikaji tu....sijui Sarkozy....lakini hao wengine sijawahi hata kuwasikia wakiongea kiingereza. Hivi huyo Mjapenga anajua kiingereza kweli? na je hoja zake huwa hazisikilizwi? Come on man, why is knowing English such a big deal to you?

I couldn't help but laugh.....

On a serious note, you always mention Kabbah....can you post a video link of him speaking..?

I will look for some,

Kabbah alikuwa nahojiwa siku moja na BBC, alikuwa rais wa mpito wa Sierra Leone, jamaa alivyojibu maswali nikaona kuwa kumbe haya mambo ya kuhalalisha poor language / communication skills "eti kwa sababu sisi ni waafrika" hayana msingi, jamaa alitoa majibu yana data, yamepangiliwa halafu yana ile political hope mongering ambayo ilihitajika sana wakati ule wa vita Sierra Leone.Jamaa anaongea na presidential grace na gravita. Kikwete anaongea vibaya kuliko mtoto wa high school anayejua kuongea.

Simaanishi kwamba jamaa ni some african Noam Chomsky, ila alinifurahisha sana kutupa challenge kuwa siyo lazima rais wa Afrika kutojua kujieleza vizuri.

Kikwete ni mtu wa commonwealth kwa hiyo nategemea ajue kiingereza, akienda kwa Sarkozy na kujaribu kifaransa i will cut him some slack.

Back
Top Bottom