Bookworms of JF, what's your favorite book (s) and why?

Paula Paul

JF-Expert Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I used to think that reading was boring until I found books that really sparked my interest. Reading became important to me because it’s fun and it teaches me new things. It keeps my mind active and inshape and it makes a difference for me if I go long periods without reading books, my mind starts to stagnate.

My favorite book of all the time is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I liked this book and I loved every page of it. To be honest this is a masterpiece. To this day still is one of the best motivational book I’ve ever read. I enjoyed it for the massages it provides. I have been reading the book and just got to these quotes “And now that, you don’t have to be perfect you can be good.” And “ If you want to be straight allow yourself to be crooked” etc. Truthfully this book gave me a little inspiration to pursue my goals.

Another one is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It’s the funniest book I have ever read. I’ve read the book many times, but still makes me laugh. I will share favorite part that I found myself re-reading, you know, Said Arthur,” It's at times like this when I m trapped in a Vogon...... And about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young”

“Why, what did she tell you?”

Arthur “ I don’t know, I didn’t listen”.
It’s so insanely funny and It reminds me that you shouldn’t take life so damn seriously.

Do you have any favorite book(s) you real like? Tell us about it, based on how good the book was, and why you think it was the best, what is the favorite part in it?

For those who don’t like reading, y'all should know that reading is the good way to learn new things, to see things in another perspective and to expand your creativity and linguistic skills.

Welcome guys.

G’day.

My favorite book of all the time is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I liked this book and I loved every page of it. To be honest this is a masterpiece. To this day still is one of the best motivational book I’ve ever read. I enjoyed it for the massages it provides. I have been reading the book and just got to these quotes “And now that, you don’t have to be perfect you can be good.”

Attachments

• east-of-eden-john-steinbeck [MwlRCT Upload].pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 354
I lost my mom 3yrs ago, it was pretty shattering and numbing. My friend recommended this book to me, "The Reptile Room" by Lemony Snicket. This is children's series of unfortunate event but I read them as an adult and helped me a ton.
At first I didn't want to accept that my mom is gone even after her funeral, but this quote helped me out to accept the reality,

"It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know."

This quote from the book also helped me when I thought I'd never be happy without her by my side and how to cope without her.

"I think we'll always miss our parents. But I think we can miss them without being miserable all the time. After all, they wouldn't want us to be miserable."

Since then, I hate to express my sadness, I would rather smile and show that everything is okay even if I feel depressed. I don't want my mom to worry about me because I know all she wants is for me to be happy.

This book has became the best book to me, followed by A grief observed by Lewis and Love, Aubrey by Suzzane Lafleur.

Street Lawyer

Grisham killed it.
1573624860725.png

Attachments

• The Street Lawyer ( MwlRCT).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 294
The Other Side of Me - Sidney Sheldon

In his book I met a quote which eventually brought me back to life, was as good as dead both physically and spiritually.

“Life is like a novel. It's filled with suspense. You have no idea what is going to happen until you turn the page.”

Since then, I have come to appreciate any circumstances of life knowing that there are good/bad pages coming before the conclusion.

•Purpose driven life by Rick Warren kipo pia version ya kiswahili.(maisha yanayoongozwa na malengo)
•The holly spirit and his gifts by Kenneth E Hagin.A great spiritual book
Purple hibiscus by chimmanda ngozi adichie
Half of yellow sun by chimmanda ngozi adichie
Americanah by chimmanda ngozi adichie
The thing around your neck by chimmanda ngozi adichie
Things fall apart by chinua Achebe
Gifted hands ben Carson
Songs of lawino and ocol
Who Will cry when you die
Napenda Sana vitabu ambavyo authors wake ni waafrica, you can relate and learn at the same time my favorite authors so far ni chinua Achebe na chimmanda ngozi adichie.

1: Bible,
2: Before you do,
3: 48 laws of power,
4: Long Walk To Freedom,
5: Dreams From My Father.
6 ...........
By the way nimesoma alots of books kwenye kila nyanja biashara,siasa,dini the reason ni kuwa na uelewa wa mambo yote yanayofocus kwenye jamii na maisha ya kila siku vitabu nilivyosoma vinafika 200 na zaidi.

Back
Top Bottom