Barack Obama - Recognition and Honors

Superman

JF-Expert Member
Mar 31, 2007
An October 2005 article in the British journal New Statesman listed Obama as one of "10 people who could change the world,"[171] the only politician included on the list.

In 2005 and again in 2007, Time magazine named him one of "the world's most influential people."[172]

During his first three years in the U.S. Senate, Obama received Honorary Doctorates of Law from Knox College (2005),[173] University of Massachusetts Boston (2006),[174] Northwestern University (2006),[175] Xavier University of Louisiana (2006),[176] Southern New Hampshire University (2007),[177] and Howard University (2007).[178]

The audiobook edition of Dreams from My Father earned Obama the Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album in 2006.[179]

He won the award a second time in 2008 for the spoken word edition of The Audacity of Hope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_obama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_obama

From the same Link . . . very interesting to note that Barack used alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine during his teenage years. However it is encouraging to note that, the bad habits of the past can be overcome and we all have an opportunity to excel and reach our ambition

In Dreams from My Father, Obama describes his experiences growing up in his mother's American middle class family. His knowledge about his African father, who returned once for a brief visit in 1971, came mainly through family stories and photographs.[14] Of his early childhood, Obama writes: "That my father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind."[21] The book describes his struggles as a young adult to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage.[22] He wrote that he used alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine during his teenage years to "push questions of who I was out of my mind".[23] Former classmates at his high school have said that he was mature, friendly, intelligent, and cheerful. [24]

Back
Top Bottom