Balozi wetu wa Heshima nchini Denmark (Robert Andersen) afariki

Jul 14, 2008

Honorary Consulate of the United Republic of Tanzania

RobertCAndersen.jpg
The Consulate is from today closed because yesterday Honourable Consul Robert C. Andersen passed away.

Visa can be applied for at the Embassy in Stockholm or on arrival in Tanzania.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Source: Welcome to the consulate of the United Republic of Tanzania

Email from his Daughter to Friends and Tanzanians sent on Tuesday 13th September 2011:

SV: Final regards from Robert

Dear Friends,

I am so sorry to tell you all that today, this morning at10.15, my Dad passed away. He slept in very peaceful and with no suffering andno pain. My brother Jens and I sat at his bed side, to the very end so he wasnot leaving this world alone.

For the last five months, my Dad did all his best tofight the cancer in his throat and lungs. The last two weeks he managed towelcome the Tanzanian Ambassador from Stockholm in his home, and Dad washosting 40 guests at a "Late summer party" in our home, making a low-voiced,but fantastic speech to everyone. He enjoyed very much Annette, Gidion and Sanctus`s visit – THANK SO MUCH FOR THAT!

THANK YOU to all of you for the fantastic support you allhave been given him – it is no secret that his love to Tanzania and hisfantastic friends made it very difficult for him to leave this world. But fortwo days ago he said to me that he now was tired and wanted to die. He gave upwith dignity and pride as always!

We are now sitting together the hole family planning hislast "Safari" – his funeral are going to be held in the Church close to Dadshouse on Saturday the 24th of September at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO ATTEND!

Warm wishes and thanks from all in the family

YoursDorthe

Hon. Robert was a man of his own. Wakati watu wengi kwa kawaida wanaogopa kifo, ilikuwa tofauti kwake. Tarehe 23 August 2011 alituandikia hivi marafiki zake:

Dear friends,

This will be my last message from me. First of all I want to thank all of you who send me so many nice messages to me, and those who prayed for me, and those who wanted a quick recovery. Now I am dying- I don't know when, but it's getting closer. I love you all so much, and would have loved to be around much longer, but the decision was not with me, bur with our Lord in heaven.

Dorthe has promised to communicate for me in the future, so there will still be news from me.

Farewell and goodbye

Yours

Robert

Robert Andersen was born in 1942. Between 1985-1997 he was an Advisor in the Philippines and in Tanzania through a Danish company COWI in positions under The World Bank and DANIDA. In 1997 he was appointed Honorary Consul of Tanzania to Denmark. This happened in accordance with the Consular Commission of 9[SUP]th[/SUP] May 1997, signed by HE President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete by then the Foreign Minister. The exequatur notification took place according to the Royal resolution of 28[SUP]th[/SUP] May 1997.

Robert died at the age of 69 while serving Tanzania. But how many Tanzanians know who is Robert and what he lived for? The following are the latest pictures taken only last week. Robert and agreed and gave his own permission that I can share with all of you. Robert Loved Tanzania and Tanzanians and for sure we lost someone so dearly.

Nngu007 kuwa na subira. Hakuna umeme huku kwetu na Internet imekuwa slow sana. Ila nitaziweka.

Unaweza pia ukapitia link ya Consulate yetu Denmark kujua ni nini aliifanyia Tanzania.

jaman inasikitisha sana jamaa ni jasili usipime Mungu amrehemu kama alikumbuka kutubu

Ni kweli. Ila wote tutapitia njia hiyo hiyo. Its just a matter of time. Wote tumkumbuke Mungu maana hakuna aijua siku wala saa ya kufa kwake.

What is more interesting was his courage to plan and arrange is own funeral when he was still alive. His daughter Dr. Dorthe, told me that Robert made a choice of religious songs to be played at his funeral. He also had a consultation with a Priest and planned his funeral. He also chose the burial site.

Dah! Huko ndio kufa. Kifo kinatakiwa kiwe na furaha. Ndio maana watu wanasema kuna furaha/sherehe tatu katika maisha: kuzaliwa, kuoa na kufa. Mungu nisaidie nami niwe nina furaha kama hiyo wakati wa kifo, na si kujikusanyia mali nyingi na huku nikiogopa kifo.

attachment.php

This is Robert and me (Sanctus Mtsimbe) displaying his book before he gave me two of them.
The book talks about his life in Tanzania as an Adviser and a Consul. It has a title "My Life as Advisor" 2008​

Attachments

• DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 119
attachment.php

His Main House/Office alongside Tanzania and Denmark Flags.

Attachments

• DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 112
attachment.php

The signboard at the main entrance to Robert's residence.

attachment.php

This signboard was in the wall of his main house which also serves as an office.

Attachments

• DSC00158.jpg
    DSC00158.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00162.jpg
    DSC00162.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 110
attachment.php

A picture which Robert himself photographed me and his daughter Dr. Dorthe. Dorthe was on her bedside most of the time.​

Attachments

• DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 106
attachment.php

Robert Laptop on his bedside. He kept in touch with friends all the way till end of his time.​

Attachments

• DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 103
attachment.php

When I asked him if there is any item he likes most in his house. He showed me this drawing by a Danish Artist.​

Attachments

• DSC00153.jpg
    DSC00153.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 102
attachment.php

The picture I took: Robert, his daughter Dr. Dorthe and his Granddaughter Katrina who said Robert was the best ever Granddad.​

Attachments

• DSC00168.jpg
    DSC00168.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 101
attachment.php

My very final photo with Robert, shortly before I left his residence. This was Saturday afternoon 10th September 2011 before I left DK for TZ.​

Attachments

• DSC00171.jpg
    DSC00171.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom