Babu Wa Loliondo Katufunza Nini Kama Jamii?

John Mashaka

Feb 6, 2013
Amid “Mabomu ya Gongo La Mboto” Tanzania public was taken by a storm of a mysterious preacher cum healer in the middle of nowhere, in Loliondo, where Babu Mwasapile instant fame of supposedly curing any ailment, diverted the country’s attention from the tragic incident in Gongo La Mboto. All over a sudden everything became Loliondo

A famed social activist Mr. Maggid Mjengwa in his article “Ya Loliondo Na Umma Ulio gizani”, tactfully applied a philosophical description of a confused society. Mr. Mujengwa depicted Tanzania as a nation that was using a flashlight in a broad day light with a notion that, perhaps, the flashlight could aid the country see better
Figuratively or philosophically speaking, Socrates the philosopher used this metaphor to describe a hopeless and a confused society. One question Mr. Mujengwa failed to address was the root cause of this confusion. How could Tanzanians be so convinced that, flashlight was brighter than the sun? Is it because of ignorance, confusion or desperation?

Plato, one of the greatest philosophers to have ever lived strongly advocated in favor of an examined life. An examination of one's life addresses fundamental questions such as, who am I, what do I want to do with my life, how will I know whether I have achieved my goals, what matters to me; wisdom; a feeling of accomplishment; wealth, power; social change or pleasure and how will I balance them.

If you haven't asked yourself these questions, then life becomes meaningless. You become more like a boat in turbulent high seas without compass direction, going along with the tides and currents of the ocean. A boat that is destined for a clear tragic end of capsizing, Tanzania that is.

Tanzanians are not in control of their lives. Instead, they are controlled by the events of the day, and ignorantly perceiving flashlight to be more powerful than the sun based on Socrates account on ignorance. As a nation, Tanzania has not asked itself these basic questions, because social-economic, hopelessness and despair amongst her people speak for itself. A sea of humanity that flooded Loliondo was a confirmation of the country’s broken healthcare system.

Her sick hopping from their hospital beds, carried in stretchers; just to have a sip of the wonder concoction was very troubling. It signified a dying or non-existing healthcare system. Tanzania didn’t know where it was headed; it was and perhaps still a lost vessel sailing in the turbulent high seas without compass direction and only waiting to capsize
I also differed with Mr. Mujengwa, based on my strong conviction, that, Babu Mwasapile’s patients were not uninformed, but rather hopeless, desperate, CONFUSED and poverty burdened men and women from all walks of life. Loliondo list of visitors was made up of the mighty and the powerful, the rich, the poor, scientists and herdsmen; famous and the little known peasants.

Babu received people who made made their way by selling their few worldly possessions, as well as the flamboyant tycoons that arrived in style and opulence; in their private aircrafts, all with one goal of drinking the magical mixture with hopes of ridding themselves of their excruciating pain and illnesses. This was a national embarrassment, and depiction of Tanzania as a primitive and backward country in the eyes of the world

We were not talking about dumb, stupid, or simple-minded people; we were talking of brilliant and well educated individuals serving in the government, International, private and public agencies. We were talking of people who had been humbled by illnesses, and like anybody else, heeded the need to find treatment by standing in a long queue in the middle of nowhere; away from their posh homes, and comfort of their beds to find cure from the miraculous drink. We were talking of a hopeless and a desperate society on edge.

Babu brought to our attention how desperation has no class, social status or identity. Babu exposed how desperation has no color or creed. It affects PhD holders and the illiterate alike. Desperate and hopeless men do not value life; they have no shame or fear. Tell a man, who has exhausted all options to get rid of cancer, that his urine is the only cure for his excruciating illness. Even a King who desperately wants to live will heed the advice.

These are the type people that visited Babu Mwasapile’s compound. John Mashaka’s skepticism was met with stiff resistance and threats from those that truly believed Babu was a God sent servant. Some questioned Mashaka’s faith and described him as an atheist simply because he questioned the effectiveness of the wonder cup!

Babu of Loliondo could not have emerged at a perfect time for the hopeless, when divine intervention was direly needed to save their souls. Babu exposed our desperation, vulnerability and weakness as a society. He exposed how useless education can be in the face of human despair.

Babu placed into a collision course faith and science. He exposed how far Tanzanian society is lost in the turbulent high seas, and only going with the tide and flow. Just like DECI which was a product of greed, ignorance and despair, Babu Liliondo’s purported magic cup was nothing but a tragic health and economic scum.

After more than two years, maybe it is time for us to assess on how many people were truly healed. How much did we improve our health system and what lessons did Tanzania learn from the wondrous concoction

Ni kweli tunaongozwa na matukio na hii inaweza kutokea nchi yoyote pale system inapoamua kutawala kwa matukio.
Tujiulize toka enzi za Mwalimu tumewahi kuona mtindo huu wa kuongozwa na matukio?
Hivyo tuwe specific tunapo tupa lawama na kwa hili ni serikali yenyewe.

Taito kilengeza yaliyomo kiswazi!! Ngoja nijibu taito ndio niliyoelewa
~babu wa loliondo katufunza umagumashi/upigaji/ujanja ujanja wa kuishi town.

katuonyesha kuwa tuna taifa gonjwa sana, lenye washirikina waliobobea! kwenda kwa babu bi sawa na kwenda kwa waganga......mzoefu wa waganga yeyote aliichangamkia fursa ya babu

mix with yours

Taito kilengeza yaliyomo kiswazi!! Ngoja nijibu taito ndio niliyoelewa
~babu wa loliondo katufunza umagumashi/upigaji/ujanja ujanja wa kuishi town.

Umeua baba. Hii kali....Mashaka ashakuwa na wafuasi wengi kiasi kwamba yeye pia anajiona kama babu. Atutafsirie kwa kiswahili

Katufunza kuwa tumefikia mahala sasa hakuna kabisa muadilfu ktk jamii ya wa Tz. Mtu anachoangalia ni kujipatia kipato tu bila kujali ni njia gani anatumia, kwa hiyo waTz tunatakiwa kuwa makini kwani sasa watu wanafanya utapeli na wizi kwa kutumia kisingizio cha dini (nasikitika kuwa wa Tz wengi wamekwama hapa ila itafika siku wataamka japo c leo wala kesho) In Shaa Allah.

Amenifundisha umuhimu wa kuwa mbunifu kwenye kusaka Mahela!!

Kaifunza jamii kuwa kuanzisha biashara yoyote si lazima usubiri serikali ikukopeshe pesa au ikuwezeshe, la! Tumieni na akili ya kuzaliwa.

Let me be skeptical on ur views based on direct blame to the government. The topic is very good with concret philosophical vision bt ur opinion seems u want to mislead the society. Did the govt gave u bus fare to Loliondo? Does it have any connection with periodic leadership? From philosophical point of view, Africans are affected by phenomenological concept of time while Whitemen are on Clock concept of time. With this one no matter who is govern the community!

Kweli teknlojia inatunza rekodi. Haya mambo ni ya muda mrefu, leo tunaenda Madagascar,

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom