Baada ya kuwachapa MANU, Benitez azawadiwa

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Benitez signs long-term Reds deal
BBC Sports Online

Benitez won the Champions League with the Reds in 2005
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has ended speculation over his future at Anfield by signing a new deal that will keep him at the club until 2014.

The 48-year-old Spaniard has signed after protracted negotiations which put a doubt over his tenure at the club.

But Benitez said: "My heart is with Liverpool, so I'm delighted to sign this new deal.

"I love the club, the fans and the city and with a club and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying."

Benitez has penned the five-year contract after just over a week in which he has led his team to two of his most impressive wins since taking over in 2004.

The Reds beat Real Madrid 4-0 in the second leg of their last 16 Champions League tie and win 5-0 on aggregate to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

606: DEBATE
Five more years of the genius of Rafael Benitez

livershrew

They then went to Old trafford and came back from a goal down to win 4-1 against arch-rivals Manchester United in the Premier League.

Benitez added: "I always made clear I wanted to be here for a long time and when I complete my new contract it will mean I have spent over a decade in Liverpool.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage.

"It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history.

"Throughout this process, I would like to thank the owners for their hard work in finalising the deal.

"All of us at the club want the same thing, which is to be successful by winning major trophies."

The rumours over Benitez's future reached a crescendo before the first leg of the tie against Real Madrid, although he insisted after the 1-0 win at the Bernabeu that talks were continuing and he was confident of staying.

Benitez guided the Reds to victory in the Champions League final against AC Milan in 2005 and Liverpool beat West Ham to claim the FA Cup in 2006.

They again reached the Champions League final in 2007 but lost out 2-1 to AC Milan.

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks said: "It is wonderful news that Rafa has made a long-term commitment to the football club.

"Since he became manager in 2004, he has been responsible for the great progress we have made.

"I know he will continue to build on his achievements as he has a tremendous hunger and desire to bring more success to the club - success our fans and everyone connected with the club deserves."

Fellow co-owner George Gillett added: "With Rafa continuing to manage the team, we can look forward to more great football and success on the pitch.

"He has special abilities and qualities which are admired here at the club and around the world.

"Coming after our excellent wins over Real Madrid and Manchester United, this gives us great momentum going into the final stages of the season."

Hongera zake sana ila sasa kwa ligi ya Uingereza sasa hivi utasikia wanagawana njia na club kwani ya Mourinho yalikuwaje, mwenye uhakika ni SAF peke yake.

Nachukizwa sana na Benitez kutokana na ubaguzi wa rangi anaoufanya hapo liverpool fc kwani ni club pekee isiyokuwa na wachezaji wengi weusi hata huyo Babel ndio huingizwa kucheza dk za mwisho mwisho badala ya yule mchezaji wa kispanish asiyejua kucheza. Pamoja ya kuwa Babel ni mchezaji mzuri na ana uwezo wa kufunga magoli.

Back
Top Bottom