BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Avatar overtakes Titanic as top-grossing film ever
BBC NEWS Online

_47063745_avatar_ap226b.jpg

Avatar won the Golden Globe awards for best drama and best director

Sci-fi spectacular Avatar has surpassed Titanic to become the highest grossing movie of all time, figures from distributor 20th Century Fox show. Avatar's worldwide takings in just six weeks stand at $1.859bn (£1.15bn), versus Titanic's $1.843bn (£1.14bn).
The figures are not adjusted for inflation or the higher cost of Avatar's 3D film tickets.
Director James Cameron holds the remarkable distinction of directing both the world's top grossing movies.
Titanic, which starred Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, set a new box office record during its release in 1997-1998.
It also won Cameron an Oscar for best director.
Avatar - Cameron's latest epic - won two Golden Globes last week, and is expected to garner an Oscar nomination next month.
Earlier this month, it became the fastest movie ever to achieve $1bn (£623m) in ticket sales around the world, and took over second place from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
It has proved a worldwide sensation, dominating the box office from North America to China and Russia.
The science-fiction adventure, about a disabled marine who infiltrates a race of giant blue aliens, mixes live action with digitally-created performances.
It was reportedly the most expensive film ever made, with a budget of at least $300m (£185m).

Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Avatar overtakes Titanic as top-grossing film ever
BBC NEWS Online

_47063745_avatar_ap226b.jpg

Avatar won the Golden Globe awards for best drama and best director

Sci-fi spectacular Avatar has surpassed Titanic to become the highest grossing movie of all time, figures from distributor 20th Century Fox show. Avatar's worldwide takings in just six weeks stand at $1.859bn (£1.15bn), versus Titanic's $1.843bn (£1.14bn).
The figures are not adjusted for inflation or the higher cost of Avatar's 3D film tickets.
Director James Cameron holds the remarkable distinction of directing both the world's top grossing movies.
Titanic, which starred Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, set a new box office record during its release in 1997-1998.
It also won Cameron an Oscar for best director.
Avatar - Cameron's latest epic - won two Golden Globes last week, and is expected to garner an Oscar nomination next month.
Earlier this month, it became the fastest movie ever to achieve $1bn (£623m) in ticket sales around the world, and took over second place from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
It has proved a worldwide sensation, dominating the box office from North America to China and Russia.
The science-fiction adventure, about a disabled marine who infiltrates a race of giant blue aliens, mixes live action with digitally-created performances.
It was reportedly the most expensive film ever made, with a budget of at least $300m (£185m).

Mkulu Bubu,

I saw the film last week,i have to say i was really astonished kuliko nilivyoiona Titanic,lkn it is abit too long.

Nimeangalia sana Movie, na ninazijua saana movie.
Avatar ni aina ya movie itakayopendwa na jamii fulani ya watu wanaopenda aina ya movie hiyo.

Lakini kuna watu wanapenda movie za ditective, wengine siku haiishi bila kuangalia horrow movie, wengine wanapenda kuangalia love story au love comedy, wengine movie zao ni za kibabe za black america, na wengine blue...

So kila mtu ana chaguo lake ktk movie.
Avatar ni movie iliyopokelewa na kupendwa na watu wanaopenda aina hiyo ya movie.

Nawapa mtihani.
Kuna movie inaitwa Taken, kama kuna mtu hajaiona basi aitafute na aitazame, nina hakika kuwa utakubaliana nami kuwa Taken ni movie inayokubalika na kila mtu wa aina yoyote ya movie.

So mimi naweka turufu yangu kwa Avatar....NO

mi inanitisha sana, siwezi hata kuiangalia maana kila nikiangalia behind the scenes, naona vitu vya ajabu. Naogopa

For me I salute ..hii movie nimeiangalia na nimeipenda vya kutosha niliiona kwenye jumba la sinema sehemu ..mazingira waliyochezea hii movie sio ya kufikirika ..naipenda kwa vile ilinifurahisha lakini ina uongo mwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingi ;)
1. yale mazingira sijui waliekitia sayari ipi?
2. na hao watu du ..
kama za mavampaya

Its a great movie, a one of a kind. James Cameron is simply a genius.

Its a great movie, a one of a kind. James Cameron is simply a genius.

I saw this movie 3 or 4 weeks ago and I loved it. This movie is one of its kind and to be able to maintain number 1 position in North America for 6 weeks in row is not a joke. Director James is a true genius. If I am not mistaken this is the 3rd or 4th movie directed by him to gross more than $1 billion.

Gsng Chomba unazungumzia Taken ya Liam Neeson? Kwa upande wa Avatar itabadirisha movie industry kwa sababu ya technology waliyotumia (Fusion Camera).

@Firstlady, movie ilikuwa shot in Los Angeles na New Zealand.

Imeweza kuwa champ kwa sababu tu bei yake ipo juu kuliko sinema zingine zinazoonyeshwa kwa mfumo wa kawaida 2D. Tukumbuke kuwa Avatar ipo katika 3D na bei yake ya tiketi ipo juu kwa zaidi ya Us$ 2.

Gone with the wind ndio bado sinema iliyoweza kuingiza pesa nyingi katika Box Office