Audio of phone call from Kenyan woman in prison in Malaysia for drug trafficking

Fr John Wotherspoon

Aug 3, 2013
This morning I received this moving 6 minute phone call from Faith Omollo, a Kenyan woman in prison in Malaysia, facing the death penalty for drug trafficking ...having been recruited/tricked by another Kenyan woman (now in Nigeria) who is responsible for many prisoners in Hong Kong - Sharon. Phone call is not easy to listen to, but towards end Faith asks that her story be publicised ... to stop others from falling into the same trap. I visited Faith on June 11 this year. She has excellent lawyers and the Kenyan High Commission is visiting her regularly. And please God the new govt in Malaysia will abolish the death penalty. - Fr John, a prison chaplain in Hong Kong V2Catholic.Com

May I express my profound sympathies to Faith Omollo for what has befallen her in Malaysia.

I hope the Malaysian authorities will revisit the whole case in the face of the amendment of this harsh legislation that clearly violates the fundamental human rights with a view to repreave her sentence.

Let us hope that God will bless the Kenyan lady in plain anticipation that no one is infallible and that we are all guilty of this or that offence.

This morning I received this moving 6 minute phone call from Faith Omollo, a Kenyan woman in prison in Malaysia, facing the death penalty for drug trafficking ...having been recruited/tricked by another Kenyan woman (now in Nigeria) who is responsible for many prisoners in Hong Kong - Sharon. Phone call is not easy to listen to, but towards end Faith asks that her story be publicised ... to stop others from falling into the same trap. I visited Faith on June 11 this year. She has excellent lawyers and the Kenyan High Commission is visiting her regularly. And please God the new govt in Malaysia will abolish the death penalty. - Fr John, a prison chaplain in Hong Kong V2Catholic.Com
Am Faiths sister. We all need to pray for her because her hearing is today. We need to care for her children and family so that what we write does not traumatize them. She has adolescent children who need emotional and pyschological support.

Well done fr keep it up

Dah!!
Uzi wa kiingereza kitupu....ngoja mie niwasubiri waswahili wenzangu.
Ila sielewi...Faith Omollo yuko prison Malaysia....mara namuona hapa jukwani na I'd
Hata sielewi aisee.
All in all Mungu ampe wepesi

Attachments

• 2018-08-21-Faith.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Asante we trust in God
20181214_115243.jpg

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom