Athletics World Championships. Berlin

Kibunango

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2006
attachment.php
Timu ya Tz huko Berlin in jumla ya wafukuza upepo 10, ambao wanategemea kutwaa medali katika mbio za mita 5000,10000 na Marathon.

Attachments

• _46211748_007795473-1.jpg
    _46211748_007795473-1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 154
LINET MASAI (Kenya, 1st)
"I'm very happy to win. I want to thank the federation for keeping us in the training camp and my manager Ricky for the support. And all the people for coming to race, I'm so very happy

Did she think she could not win in the final straight?
"It was in the last 100 metres that I saw I was so strong, so I decided to push a bit harder."

Will her brother Moses Masai also win the 10,000 metres.
"Yes, I believe he will do the same."

On her chances.
"I wanted to believe I could be the winner today."

"With 3k to go I decided to push pace higher so that maybe I could be there at last. When I did that I was expecting to win."

Tirunesh Dibaba's absence.
"It doesn't matter if she is there or not. This year I raced against her over 5000 metres in New York and she was second."

"There is no special rivalry with the Ethiopians. We just come to run our own race."

MESELECH MELKAMU (Ethiopia, 2nd)
You were the fastest in the world and you missed the gold by o.1 seconds. Are you disappointed?
"I'm very pleased with my own result, happy that I took second. But I am very disappointed we lost the gold medal."

There was talk of Meseret going for the world record. Were you surprised the pace was slow?
"We didn't have any plan because we knew there were many tough competitors and famous athletes here. So we had no plan to push the pace."
You celebrated (victory) before the line, what went through your mind then, and now?
"As soon as I finished I believed I had won so I was extremely happy we had retained gold. Now, I'm disappointed, but had I come second and Meseret won I would have been happy."

WUDE AYALEW (Ethiopia, 3rd)
Did you know you were third (the initial result had Defar third, Ayalew fifth)?
"I did think I might have been third but then I thought I might have been fourth. But when I was told I might have been fifth I was disappointed. I only just heard a short while ago, then I saw it on the result sheet."

On the tactics:
"If we had taken the pace over earlier I believe we could have got gold and third place, so we made a mistake."

Wenye medali hadi leo hii mchana hawa hapa...

KENYA

RUSSIA

UNITED STATES

ETHIOPIA

POLAND

PR OF CHINA

GERMANY

MEXICO

Bolt ni mtu wa ajabu kwasasa, jamaa anakimbia huku akiwaangalia kama mpo kasi sana anaongeza akiona mnakubali anatuliza mzuka duh! jamaa noma.

Sijawahi kuona mtu ana-sprint huku anauza sura na kucheki wensake kama bolt... He is just unique

Tyson Gay's heat is tough one, more big names.....let's see how it goes