Are you doing what you thought you would be doing 10 years ago?

kimatire

JF-Expert Member
Nov 27, 2008
Interesting continuation of a conversation I had recently - are we doing what we thought we would be doing 10, 20 or more years ago? I recently reconnected with an old flame who I always knew would end up in politics and of course that is where he is! For me personally, I always knew I would be in business for myself at some point (runs in the family blood!) but it is only recently that I have realized that working virtually is how I would do this...

How about you - are you in the position or industry you thought you would be in? Did you always know yourself and what made you happy and most productive or have you found yourself struggling in your career path or industry?

Over the years I've added to "what I do" to make a living.

1. Started out as a private music teacher - Piano, Guitar, Sax, Clarinet, Flute, Trumpet.
2. Became a professional DJ and event planner.
3. Started creating wire names at events and parties. (This is now my primary money maker)
4. All along, working with my brother as a photographer and videographer at numerous events...

A nice, creative life I have...

Yes. I have had always wanted to run a business and I am living it right now. Can't say it matches what I thought it would be. But going back again, I will still jump in and do it anyway.

Thanks for a good question.

I found out my idea of the world when I was younger was very limited. Life has presented me opportunities I did not know existed back then. I am still inventing myself and looking for more exciting opportunities to learn and live.

Interesting continuation of a conversation I had recently - are we doing what we thought we would be doing 10, 20 or more years ago? I recently reconnected with an old flame who I always knew would end up in politics and of course that is where he is! For me personally, I always knew I would be in business for myself at some point (runs in the family blood!) but it is only recently that I have realized that working virtually is how I would do this...

How about you - are you in the position or industry you thought you would be in? Did you always know yourself and what made you happy and most productive or have you found yourself struggling in your career path or industry?

Kimatire
Tell me more about virtual/remote teams. Are you about to enter or form one? It's quite interesting.
As for my career, it is a right way and I'm pleased.

Back
Top Bottom