An Open Letter to Shy-Rose Bhanji

V.P

Apr 24, 2011
By:

US Blogger

Ms Shyroe-Bhanji,

I am a blogging enthusiast and my specific interest is development issues pertaining to different parts of the world particularly my native country of Tanzania. My passion for economic trends has inevitably made me to closely follow-up political atmospheres of different countries because of the unique way that development and politics inter-relate.

A few days ago I came across an online debate on Facebook that you initiated in which you described yourself as a ‘CCM cadre and a passionate citizen’.

You expressed a profound sense of being let down by the President and challenged the President to offer answers so as to put to rest the people’s outcries. I take some issues with that stance and that is what prompted me to jot down a few lines to you.

Ms Shy-Rose, I appreciate the fact that you made it absolutely clear that you supported and campaigned for the President’s candidacy in 2010. A bitter and brutal reality about politics is that at times political party’s interests tend to be in conflict with national interests, when you stood behind the President in 2010, where was your loyalty, to the party and by default the party’s candidate or to the nation and citizens? If the latter is the case I would humbly request you to give us a few compelling reasons why you felt that it was in the interest of the country to support the President out of all the Presidential contestants. What specifically changed from what you knew back in 2010 to what you know today to justify questioning the performance of the President today? When a critical thinker disagrees with the thoughts and position of others it warrants an attempt to understand the basis of the different point of view that you may not agree with, what was fundamentally wrong with the judgment and assessment of the 39% of the Tanzanian voters who did not give the President a vote of confidence in last year’s elections? Since you were bold and brave enough to criticize the President publicly are you equally willing to make a public admission that your judgment and the judgment of 60% of the 2010 voters was utterly wrong and that you are actually part of the problem you are lamenting about?

Ms Shy-Rose, in 2010 the incumbent President was standing for re-election so obviously he was not a newcomer. His performance and record was public information for any interested party to assess and judge. Today you claim that you now see a ‘vacuum on the leadership’, how is the current administration different from the first term of the President to justify such a categorization? What are your specific expectations that the President did not deliver in less than a year since he took office and what is the basis of your expectations?

It is my understanding that you aspired and contested for a legislative seat back in 2010 on CCM ticket. I am afraid to say that your style and approach of criticism on the President raises some serious questions on your own ability to manage the sophistications of politics and leadership. A great leader is expected to take responsibility for his or her actions. Having participated to convince voters that the President was the best choice and in less than a year you are telling us that he has let you down is deeply disturbing. It makes serious readers question whether or not your sentiment of being let down is attributable to sincere concerns for the prosperity and well-being of the nation or if all this ranting and raving is triggered by disappointment of a failed self-fulfilling political prophecy conveyed under the pretext of national interest!
Respectfully yours,

US Blogger
Usblogger11@gmail.com

yea dat is abt african politician..when they miss wht their were expecting all in all is wht they can do to be heard by top leader is just shouting for critism and they forget thta their are part of the problem......ananjaa anataka msosi....

Naomba kukuuliza wewe VP ndio author?. Ulitakiwa useme kama umenyofoa kule kwenye ile globu yao ya kujidai ulitakiwa u attribute.

An excellent piece of pro borno advice to this seasoned hypocrite. The young lady has perfected an art of lending a political support for her own selfish interests. In this case, her expectations have been shattered and it is the pain that comes with failure that has actuated her comments. She is venting her anger and frustration arising out of misconceived feeling that she has what it takes to be appointed to a plum job in exchange for the support that is expected of every loyal party member (assuming she is one). Your hands off the President, you shameless political novice.

Ni kweli Mkweree ni Msanii, wengi walidanganyika kwamba angewapa Ukuu wa Wilaya, kama alivyowadanganya, mwisho wa siku wamekuwa wehu! Huyu ni mmoja tu, bado wengi tutawasikia hapa wakimtukana.

All in all, jamaa nchi imemshinda.

I have gone through your letter, . . . .all ur doing z criticizing her!!!!!!!!!!! Sawa anaweza kuwa amechelewa kufanya hayo anayoyafanya lkn mm naweza sema amethubutu kuwa mkweli katika chama chake kwani anamapenzi na chama chake, . ...mie nafikiri tusiwe na hoja dhaifu ati amefanya haya kwasababu tu amekosa kitu fulani, . . .naomba niwaulize alipaswa kufanya nn tofauti na hili?????? Je akae kimya???? Sawa kunaweza kuwa na vikao ndani vyama je tunautambua mfumo wa chama chenyewe??????? Mmi na weza sema kwa sasa ndani ya ccm kuna wenye chama na wanachama ,......

Tatizo ni kuwa Author as well ni Mtaka Madaraka, Anajua kujipendekeza kweli kwa Rais na CCM; Tumuogope kama Pilipili

Anaitwa Dr.HILDERBRAND BAHATI SHAYO - kwahiyo hii Article siioni manufaa yake

Sio Mwanasiasa huyu ni Kibaraka

JAMANI KAINGIA LINI HUMU SIO MTU WA KUMFUATA CHOMBEZA KWELI HUYU TUWE MAKINI HUMU SASA KIBARAHA HUYU

I think it's unfair to expect her to continue supporting the president simply because she was campaigning for the Dude during the last elections. People, circumstances and even our allegiances change with time depending on changes in underlying assumptions. May be she had expected the Dude to change and become more serious after winning his second term.

However, your observations about the Dude's performance and record being public information for any interested party to assess and judge is quite valid. Perhaps she needs to come out clearly what exactly made her believe that the power vacuum that was definitely apparent during the first term would just dissappear after re-electing the dude to a second term in office. There is a saying "once a cop always a cop" which essentially means you don't expect a cop to change his behaviour just because he is no longer in uniform.

hata kama ni mdandiaji, kwani ccm hakuna madudu? Hizo ndo siasa. Kama angepata ulaji ni lini tungepata huu ufunuo wa rose? Na huyo bloga asiangalie upande mmoja tu. Akubali pia kuwa rose kafunguka

she said and told chiligati the truth. We cant have pipo praising someone even when that person is wrong.

she is hypocritical

Mkuu, you should have started by saying who is not. I may not like her as a politician nor as a woman, but at least she is honest, that is to say she blows where the wind blows her, she does not have the capacity to go against the wind.

Wanasiasa wengi wanatumia weakness ya ujinga wa electorate kujinufaisha, wanatumia ufinyu wa elimu wa wapiga kura wa kuona kuwa wanatumiwa kama madaraja ya kuwafikisha kwenye malengo yao. Kuna wanasiasa wachache sana Tanzania wenye moyo wa kweli wa kutaka kuindeleza Tanzania, there are very few Tanzanians who want to go up the political hierachy for the purpose of making CCM a better political party, and Tanzania a better place to live. But a good number of politicians we have (both in the incumbet party and the opposotion), the main thing they think about when they run for high offices is, getting into under pants of 100 women (at least men), buying a couple of 4x4s, having a magnificent house...after accomplishing these the rest is just fattening their bank accounts. Hapo ndio inakuwa blah blah blah etc. Utaona kuwa wanaingia madarakani kwa jina la kuwpaigania wanyonge, lakini wakiwa madarakani wanawanyonga zaidi wanyonge na wao wanatuna zaidi. Kwa hiyo si haki kumlaumu Shy-Rose wakati wanasiasa wote wanafanya hilo hilo.

Indeed, supporting the President's re-election after a dismal first term perfomance was sheer hypocrisy on the part of CCM cadres, including Shy-Rose. In my opinion, if this President was sincere, he shouldn't have run for re-election. He should have left the chance to a more competent person. This guy was supposed to be a one-term president. In fact CCM did a disservice to the country by alllowing him to run unopposed during the nomination process.

Having participated to convince voters that the President was the best choice and in less than a year you are telling us that he has let you down is deeply disturbing.

Wakuu naomba nielimishwe kidogo kwenye hili, hv wht is the standard time/ period to express your dissatisfication to the people you campaigned in previous election. What if you believed someone was gonna change but series of events and opportunities proves otherwise? Would you just pretend to support them just beacause you sided with them in previous election.

What is exactly the window period from the time you support someone to when you turn against them?

The problem you (Author/write) is that, you do not know that Shy Rose is a BIG TANZANIAN BABY.

Angechaguliwa sasa hivi angekuwa anahubiri vinginevyo, ni maneno tu ya mkosaji sidhani kama anamaanisha, kwa sasa ngenyamaza tu nae, hana jipya

Shyrose Bhanji being a self made celebrity (came to light during her tenure as a Tanzanian PR officer of the failed bogus British company) and a known figure among the media and public in general, her stints and widely reported love affair with the young musician (much younger compared to her) statutes her to be the "self made" celebrity of Tanzania.

Her bitterness to Kikwete and other CCM leaders, is a direct result of her failure to make it past the Party nominations during the 2010 election season.

In her "bigger than reality" feeble mind she thought by being in the newspapers almost regularly was a sure ticket of clinching a parliamentary seat.

True to reality, she never passed beyond nominations, could she have been promised of a seat and support by those leaders to cause her current "umemwaga kitoweo namwaga ugali" attitude towards them? Who am I to answer that question?

Shy rose anaweza kuwa sahihi na kinyume chake.she has th right to show disatsfitication to jk.But how if she would be in mjengoni? Au ndo maneno ya mkosaji?

12 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom