Amir Khan’s touching ‘Merry Christmas’ family photo hijacked by sick trolls leaving boxer ‘shocked’

Sky Eclat

JF-Expert Member
Oct 17, 2012

Former world boxing champion Khanand his fiancee Faryal Makhdoom, 28, were joined by daughters Lamaisah, five, and Alanya, one, in the cute pic.

Wearing matching pyjamas, each family member donned a shirt with antlers and a red nose stitched on the front - Amir Khan's reading "Daddy Deer".

But sick trolls targeted the Brit, 33, and his family and claimed they should not be enjoying Christmas.

One comment on the original Instagram post decried Khan as a: "Bloody disgrace to our religion."

Such responses prompted Khan to tweet on Thursday: "So shocked by all the hate I’m getting on my Twitter & Instagram for wishing everyone Merry Christmas and posting a picture with my family in Christmas outfits.

"Just want to tell those people ‘I don’t give a f**k’."

'RESPECT'
Supporters flooded the support Khan's right to celebrate Christmas.

Twitter user Idris commented: "I became Muslim 31 years ago, and always look forward to celebrating Christmas with my large Christian family at my parents house just as they enjoy celebrating Eid with us. Sharing and celebrating together is what unites us and removes the divide/hate we see in society."

Danny wrote: "Same as the great Mo Salah. Why can't we just all get on?"

And George added: "Good man! Regardless of religion, everyone should respect each other’s celebrations!"

Bolton-born Khan is of Pakistani origin and has spoken on several occasions about seeking greater acceptance for his faith in the UK.

Earlier in the year, he spoke in the aftermath of the New Zealand terrorist attack about how he wants there to be further "understanding" of his religion because "there is a lot of hatred in a lot of people towards Muslims".

Atheist pia
FB_IMG_15774316292135990.jpeg

It's Scars

Ndio umoja na upendo wenyewe huo, mimi binafsi yangu nimeshuhudia wakristo wengi wakipeleka mbuzi na ng"ombe kwa waislamu ili wachinjiwe.

Upendo gani huo wa kuchinjiwa ng'ombe huo, mimi nilidhani walitoa ng'ombe kwa Waislamu kama zawadi ya upendo kwao.

Nilipata kumuuliza mkristo mmoja kwanini wao hawapendi kuchinja ila huwapa Waislamu wachinje alijibu (nadhani kwa maoni yake binafsi); "sisi sio makatili"🤣🤣, kwahiyo ninataka kukujulisha mentality ya baadhi ya Wakristo kutokuchinja, hebu jiulize sehemu ambapo hakuna waislamu je huwa hawachinji wenyewe??.

Back
Top Bottom