American Idol 2008

Kana-Ka-Nsungu

JF-Expert Member
Oct 4, 2007
`IDOL' NARROWS COMPETITION TO 24 SINGERS

By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - The tears flowed on "American Idol" Wednesday night as the show trimmed the competition to 24 semifinalists.
ADVERTISEMENT

They were mostly happy tears for the 12 guys and 12 gals who made the cut on the final night of Hollywood week. The winners included teen singing prodigy David Archuleta and Janis Joplin soundalike/respiratory nurse Amanda Overmyer.

Brooke White, who claimed in her audition to have never seen a rated-R movie, was beside herself with emotion before learning her fate from Simon Cowell and company. The verdict: Yes! Cue more crying.

One of the biggest upsets of the night was the elimination of 18-year-old Josiah Leming, who seemed to be a judge favorite until his shaky rendition of "Stand By Me." Cowell said Tuesday that Leming — who lives in his car and sings with a faux British accent — was too confident for his own good.

Leming said he thought he was a shoo-in to make it to the finalists' ranks; in keeping with the night's theme, he too cried after the judges delivered the bad news.

Next Tuesday, the top 12 male singers are in the hot seat on the Fox talent contest, and, on Wednesday, the women follow.

The men are: Archuleta, 17, Murray, Utah; Colton Berry, 18, Staunton, Va.; Robbie Carrico, 26, Melbourne, Fla.; Jason Castro, 20, Rockwall, Texas; David Cook, 25, Tulsa, Okla.; Chikezie Eze, 22, Inglewood, Calif.; Garrett Haley, 17, Elida, Ohio; David Hernandez, 24, Glendale, Ariz.; Luke Menard, 29, Crawfordsville, Ind.; Danny Noriega, 18, Azusa, Calif.; Jason Yeager, 28, Branson, Mo., and Michael Johns, 29, Los Angeles by way of Australia.

And the ladies: Overmyer, 23, Mulberry, Ind.; White, 24, Van Nuys, Calif.; Joanne Borgella, 25, Hoboken, N.J.; Kristy Lee Cook, 24, Selma, Ore.; Amy Davis, 25, Cedar Lake, Ind.; Asia'h Epperson, 19, Joplin, Mo.; Alexandrea Lushington, 17, Douglasville, Ga.; Kady Malloy, 18, Houston; Ramiele Malubay, 20, Miramar, Fla.; Syesha Mercado, 21, Miami; Alaina Whitaker, 16, Tulsa, Okla., and Carly Smithson, San Diego by way of Dublin, Ireland.

visit www.americanidol.com for more.

Panga la kuwabakiza top 12 liliendela jana na waliopigwa chini ni Jason Yeager, Alexandrea Lushington, Alain Whitaker and Robbir Carrico.
David Archuleta came up with a breathtaking perfomance of John Lennon's Imagine,this 17 years old dogo was simply the best act on this week theme of the 70's. Alimkuna hadi mzee mwenyewe wa makritisizimu Simon Cowell ambaye alimfagilia kwa kusema “You are the one to beat and there are 19 very nervous contestants out there,”

Panga la kuwabakiza top 12 liliendela jana na waliopigwa chini ni Jason Yeager, Alexandrea Lushington, Alain Whitaker and Robbir Carrico.
David Archuleta came up with a breathtaking perfomance of John Lennon's Imagine,this 17 years old dogo was simply the best act on this week theme of the 70's. Alimkuna hadi mzee mwenyewe wa makritisizimu Simon Cowell ambaye alimfagilia kwa kusema "You are the one to beat and there are 19 very nervous contestants out there,"

My early predictions kwa wanaume;

David Archuleta; atafika kwenye 3 bora kama hatakuwa Idol:). Katoto kale hatari sana. Kalinifanya nika-google the lyrics to know the name of the song na kui-download, the boy is blessed!

David Hernandez (yule aliyeimba Papa was a Rolling Stone) na yeye atafika mbali sana...He is my favorite so far!

Luke Menard, ana sauti nzuri sana, hii dizaini ya nyimbo za kina George Michael...

Women;

Watch out for Ramiele...(kale ka Hawaiian born)

Wanafanya juu chini kupunguza weusi! Msishangae kama Chikizie atatolewa next week!

Chakizi Mchizi atafika mbali, I dont think kuna conspiracy yoyote ya kuwaeliminate weusi, uamuzi unatolewa kwa public votes na hii haiwezi kuwa siri ya weupe tu.

`American Idol' axes another contestant

By ERIN CARLSON,

Amanda Overmyer sang "Back in the U.S.S.R." -- and now, she's going back home.

The 23-year-old nurse from Mulberry, Ind., was voted off "American Idol" Wednesday, leaving 10 hopefuls to vie for the title and record contract.

Overmyer -- a crowd-pleasing performer with streaked hair and a flair for southern rock -- seemed to take her departure from the Fox show in stride.

"It's been a run. ... No. 11 out of all them people is more than I could expect," she told host Ryan Seacrest

Carly Smithson and Kristy Lee Cook were the other lowest vote-getters.

Cook, a 24-year-old from Selma, Ore., has been a bottom-three fixture in the past weeks and the finalist that judge Simon Cowell picks on the most.

Cowell -- who has called Cook "forgettable" and compared her voice to "Dolly Parton on helium" -- continued his harsh criticism Tuesday after the country singer's take on the Beatles' "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away."

"(You're) like musical wallpaper, insomuch as you notice it, but you can't remember it," he said. "And that's what you're doing week after week: You're making no impact."

Cook talked back to the acid-tongued judge, saying: "I can blow you out of your socks, and you know it."

Wednesday's "Idol" featured a performance by season-five finalist Kellie Pickler.

Seacrest also announced this year's roster of celebrity mentors: Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Neil Diamond

My early predictions kwa wanaume;

David Archuleta; atafika kwenye 3 bora kama hatakuwa Idol:). Katoto kale hatari sana. Kalinifanya nika-google the lyrics to know the name of the song na kui-download, the boy is blessed!

David Hernandez (yule aliyeimba Papa was a Rolling Stone) na yeye atafika mbali sana...He is my favorite so far!

Luke Menard, ana sauti nzuri sana, hii dizaini ya nyimbo za kina George Michael...

Women;

Watch out for Ramiele...(kale ka Hawaiian born)

Archuleta to win it, thats where my money is Kisura.

Kisura- when is the baby due? utupage address walau tukutumie nepi...sorry pampers!

Archuleta to win it, thats where my money is Kisura.

Yes, Achuleta and I think Brooke White stands good chance too...I like her style.

Kale ka Remiele, nampenda sana mimi, ila naona anacheza kwenye bottom three, sijui itakuwaje. I trully think she's good...

Lakini with wapiga simu wa Idol sometimes, you can never tell...

Wamem-vote off my fav boy David Hernandez, lakini nadhani ni zile extra activities zake kule Phoenix zimem-cost...

mmmmmmmmmmmm,mambo makubwa,lakini mimi nafikiri huwa wanapanga matokeo,sio bure.

Sidhani kama kuna ukweli kwenye hili, kama ingekuwa hivi ukweli ungeshajulikana kitambo. Tatizo letu weusi, tena sio kwenye American Idol tu- kwenye reality TV shows zote,ni kwamba hatupigi simu kuwapigia kura our wasiriki tunaowapenda na tunajua kulalamika kichizi watu wetu wakitolewa!

NEW YORK -
Uneasy lies Chikezie, who won't wear the crown. The one-name singer — who previously worked security at Los Angeles International Airport — was eliminated from "American Idol" as the show narrowed the competition to nine finalists.
ADVERTISEMENT

Chikezie, 22, of Inglewood, Calif., injected the singing contest with enthusiasm and soul. His performances could be risky and kinetic, as when he sang the Beatles' "She's A Woman," or safe and retro, as seen in his earlier rendition of "More Today than Yesterday."

Simon Cowell criticized Chikezie for singing the ballad "If Only for One Night" on Tuesday's performance show: "You chose the wrong song last night. ... It wasn't original."

The other lowest vote-getters were Jason Castro and Syesha Mercado.

Tattooed finalist Carly Smithson took a moment to address speculation she's expecting a child with her husband. She told host Ryan Seacrest: "Apparently I'm pregnant — but I'm not."

Wednesday's show also featured a performance by "Idol" also-ran Kimberley Locke, who placed third behind Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken in season two.

___

On the Net:

http://www.americanidol.com/

NEW YORK -
Uneasy lies Chikezie, who won't wear the crown. The one-name singer — who previously worked security at Los Angeles International Airport — was eliminated from "American Idol" as the show narrowed the competition to nine finalists.
ADVERTISEMENT

Maskini, Mpopo huyo katolewa...I did not think he was good anyway!

You have to be a soulman to like his voice, he was unique and I thought he would go far, what a shame!

Um, well, I know what you mean. Maybe it's just me. There was something, something just didn't fit well with me. Too bad he had to leave.

Did you watch the last seasons? In my opinion, kuna dada anaitwa Mellinda Dollitle, au Jennifer Holiday, now (to me) those girls possesses some serious soul skills.

Um, well, I know what you mean. Maybe it's just me. There was something, something just didn't fit well with me. Too bad he had to leave.

Did you watch the last seasons? In my opinion, kuna dada anaitwa Mellinda Dollitle, au Jennifer Holiday, now (to me) those girls possesses some serious soul skills.

At one point I thought Melinda had already won it!No one was anywhere near her but muziki siku hizi sio sauti tu dada, sura nayo inauza na kama ulivyomuona- sura alikuwa hana!

Heheheheheh....Melinda lakini doh...on top of that, she was just not likable!

Sasa na yule grandpa (Taylor), Simon alimuta hivyo, ana sura gani ya kuuza yule? Let alone, mpaka leo haja-produce a hit, he is the worst ever!

Kuna watu wana conspiracy sana huku na Idol, mi nakubali kabisa.

Mbona kuna habari za uhakika zikidai kuwa Taylor Hicks had a bad attitude and was more of the male kind of DIVA:eek::rolleyes:.
Mimi binafsi sikumpenda hata kidogo huyo Taylor Hicks and I was sad aliposhinda. Ila pia Season yake ilikaa kushoto sana.
This season naona mwanzoni watu walikuwa wanampa David Archuleta nafasi kubwa ya kushinda ila ninaona he is not up to the plate yet, competition kubwa iko kwa David Cook and Michael Johns. I kind like Michael he does not have an attitude like David japokuwa David man he has the talent!!

Mbona kuna habari za uhakika zikidai kuwa Taylor Hicks had a bad attitude and was more of the male kind of DIVA:eek::rolleyes:.

Hii sikuisikia.
Oh Taylor, mi wala ile cheza yake nilikuwa siielewi, apparently, he moved a lot of people :)

Mimi binafsi sikumpenda hata kidogo huyo Taylor Hicks and I was sad aliposhinda. Ila pia Season yake ilikaa kushoto sana.

I agree. Katharine McPhee should have won the title.

This season naona mwanzoni watu walikuwa wanampa David Archuleta nafasi kubwa ya kushinda ila ninaona he is not up to the plate yet, competition kubwa iko kwa David Cook and Michael Johns. I kind like Michael he does not have an attitude like David japokuwa David man he has the talent!!

Mimi sikuwa na-pay attention kabisa kwa David Cook and Michael Johns. Ila baada ya last week, naanza kumuweka Michael Johns kwenye list, au inawezekana tu aliipatia nyimbo nzuri last week, anyway, nitaona kesho.... Ila bado niko na Brooke White and, Achuleta. As far as Ramielle, huyu hawezi shinda, basi tu, I kinda like the personality.