America, Break the Neck!!

Sam GM

JF-Expert Member
Mar 3, 2008
Two decades ago Alpha Blondy was among the house hold names with his provocative music and descriptive lyrics. He may not be popular any more with our generation, however, his music still brings taste and flavor into the hearts and souls of many. Among many of his compositions, “America, Break The Neck” happened to capture my understanding surrounding the composure of his mastery exquisite self descriptive lyrics. This is when the oppressed cast their fears aside knowing that by any means necessary they would somehow survive, and if not, then America would come into their aid. In select cases like in South African, Blondy took matters into his own hands by calling loud America to come into their aid.

Songs like these came with a huge relief on dancing floors, they were easy to dance to. Break dancing phase was fading away. I remember one of my aunties trying shamelessly those break dancing moves by standing on her head, badly enough she ended up in Muhimbili ICU with an injured neck. It is vividly clear that the message of this song is not hidden between the lines. The song came about as a wake up call for humanity towards the evils that the people of South Africa had to endure. America was then a superpower and played a great role in normalizing crisis situations all over the world.

America was in every square inch of world crisis then, in keeping world peace and stability. During the second world war II, some people prefer to call it "The Nazi war in Europe", America confronted reality by stepping up to the war challenges and brought the chaos of world war II into permanent resolution. This became a sleep test for America to promote democracy whenever there was an oppression or vulnerable conditions in the world. From Bosnia, Yugoslavia to the capture of Manuele Noriega who was hunted down like a hyena in the Arizona, it was evidenced that America stood for peace and order. No wonder Alpha Blondy in his world withering look could not see any other nation to cry for except America.

Alpha Blondy - Apartheid Is Nazism

America, America, America
Break the neck of this apartheid
Break the neck of this apartheid

This apartheid system is nazism, nazism, nazi........

1939-1945
Nazi war in Europe
Today 1985
Declare our own rights in South Africa............

You don't have the right to shoot the children
You don't have the right to shoot the children, I say
'Cause black and white we are all the same..........

I say break the neck of this apartheid
You've got to break the neck of this apartheid

The 1980’ were the defining moments for many nations, the Berlin wall came tumbling down in late 80’s, cracks of USSR collapse were felt as early as 1989 and many more moments of truth were seen allover the world. And America stayed the cause and reputation as the only superpower capable of peaceful resolutions.

What beats my understanding is where did America go wrong, from a peace maker nation to a brutal war monger aggressor? When Israel was kicking Palestine butt last summer for no apparent reason, I thought America would spit fire and brimstone rebuking Israel in the name of piece and reconciliation. That did not happen. From chaos in Iraq to the grave plains of Afghanistan, America does not seem to change its stance on wagging wars. They say "you eat what you are" and if by any chance this conclusive saying is right, and George Bush happen to be a cowboy war instigator, the whole nation is reflected in the same declining moral fibre mirror.

The fifth anniversary of Iraq war brought back more dilemmas than either relief or victory to America. It beats my understanding when facts speak for themselves that civil wars in Iraq seem to be spilling over to the west gulf where interruptions on oil and natural gases have tremendously impact the world economy.

If by chance my wild imaginations are right, and that regular meals are served in purgatory, I would go on to speculate that with the current war situations, the founding fathers of America are definitely on hunger strike disgusted by George Bush's guts!

So America has lost her credibility in world leadership, what can America do to salvage that little reputation that it still holds but in danger of slipping out of her fingertips?

May be Barack Obama stands a better chance of rescuing the US image abroad!

i believe,the state of world affairs in relation to america's stance to acheiving world tranquility will and is dependent on a creation of a palestinian state.anything short of this america will be powerless,her enemies will multiply twofold

i believe,the state of world affairs in relation to america's stance to acheiving world tranquility will and is dependent on a creation of a palestinian state.anything short of this america will be powerless,her enemies will multiply twofold

Son of Alaska,

I totally agree with you and believe that Palestine/Israel tuggle is one of the issue that has really given the world the true hypocritical stance of the US.

Back
Top Bottom