African Satellite World and Sat Gear

The multi-stakeholder awareness programme seeks to educate the public and raise awareness about the impact of piracy in the creative sector.
KECOBO is currently working with data security company Irdeto and local authorities who are committed to addressing piracy in terms of policy and implementation.
“No single stakeholder can address this issue successfully on their own,” KECOBO executive director Edward Sigei said. “It requires a collaborative effort from stakeholders, including policymakers, law enforcement, media, business and community partners across Kenya, and indeed the continent, to curb these illegal activities that are costing our economy and endangering the lives of our communities.”
According to KECOBO, Kenya is ranked among the countries with the highest rate of piracy in the world and ranks first in Africa for content piracy, particularly on the Internet.
The industry regulator believes that a rise in accessibility to technology has played a critical role in the sharing and consumption of illegal content.
“We are proud to be partnering in this campaign to shed light on and educate our communities about the dangers of content piracy," Sigei said.
Interested partners can contact KECOBO at info@copyright.go.ke.
KECOBO
Piracy in Kenya
Wacha mdomo long live fta kwanza reduce your subscription to 500 ndio tutabonga.

The multi-stakeholder awareness programme seeks to educate the public and raise awareness about the impact of piracy in the creative sector.
KECOBO is currently working with data security company Irdeto and local authorities who are committed to addressing piracy in terms of policy and implementation.
“No single stakeholder can address this issue successfully on their own,” KECOBO executive director Edward Sigei said. “It requires a collaborative effort from stakeholders, including policymakers, law enforcement, media, business and community partners across Kenya, and indeed the continent, to curb these illegal activities that are costing our economy and endangering the lives of our communities.”
According to KECOBO, Kenya is ranked among the countries with the highest rate of piracy in the world and ranks first in Africa for content piracy, particularly on the Internet.
The industry regulator believes that a rise in accessibility to technology has played a critical role in the sharing and consumption of illegal content.
“We are proud to be partnering in this campaign to shed light on and educate our communities about the dangers of content piracy," Sigei said.
KECOBO
Piracy in Kenya
Shape Up or Ship out.

Apple TV to charge $5 a month.. and here someone want to show us repeated old movies for $80 a month
hjk.jpg

Hello brothers, I have a question please.

How effective is it when you put a Ku band LNB on a 6ft c band dish? In tracking FTAs.

Is the performance the same as using a 90cm Ku band dish?

Any experience please.

NB: I have a 6ft dish that I dont use and I am thinking of using it to track Ku band satellites. Now I am wondering if I can use it and save some cash instead of buying another dish.

Thank you

c-band-6-feet-satellite-dish-antenna-308880.jpeg

How effective is it when you put a Ku band LNB on a 6ft c band dish? In tracking FTAs.

Any experience please.

NB: I have a 6ft dish that I dont use and I am thinking of using it to track Ku band satellites. Now I am wondering if I can use it and save some cash instead of buying another dish.

Thank you

View attachment 1204338

Far more effective than a 90cm

KECOBO
Piracy in Kenya
FTA first! If you can't offer it cheaply, crooks will do their work. Shame to greedy capitalist

Any experience please.

Thank you

View attachment 1204338
Work well! Go ahead

Any experience please.

Thank you

View attachment 1204338

Way better than on a 90, you can make it even wow by using a Ku LNB for a prime focus dish!

multichoicekenya We never bother with you get off our backs

Like essao said let's ignore this spammer.. if his little war on piracy Will be won by spamming discussion boards well and good for him.

But the clown has nothing of technical benefit to anyone not multichoice, not us, not himself. Doesn't even understand how piracy works in the modern world.

Crafty multichoice won't employ such a clown..

Nairobi CBD is invaded by dstv with tents begging for subscribers.
IMG_20190912_200629.JPG

NAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 21- Digital Satellite Television (DStv) is set to revise its monthly subscription downwards, a move seen to counter competition especially from streaming service providers.

The price revision comes at a time when its mother company, MultiChoice, is complaining to South Africa’s communication’s watchdog, the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, about the competition it faces from ‘unregulated’ streaming services such as Netflix and their impact on its revenue.

Earlier this year, MultiChoice CEO Calvo Mawela blamed Netflix for the loss of more than 100,000 subscribers in the last financial year, and an additional 40,000 in the new financial year in South Africa.

Back
Top Bottom