A student at Cambridge University

Spear

JF-Expert Member
Jun 21, 2008
Cold front: Cambridge student braves wintry conditions to bare all in a field for student newspaperhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=y&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporter
Last updated at 8:00 PM on 23rd November 2010
article-1332406-0C3515C7000005DC-785_233x423.jpg
Baring all: Cambridge student Charlotte braved the cold to pose topless and bare-bottomed in the middle of a muddy field for student newspaper Varsity

A student at Cambridge University has posed topless in a racy photo shoot featuring clothes from supermodel Lily Cole's fashion label.

Brunette beauty Charlotte, 20, is pictured topless and bare-bottomed in the middle of a muddy field in the knitwear fashion shoot in this week's issue of the student newspaper Varsity.

It is the first time in the paper's 63-year history it has ever published topless photos.

In one picture the 20-year-old linguist, who is at King's College, is simply wearing a vintage fur hat and in another she is completely naked apart from a white woolly cable hood scarf.

A third picture shows her gazing into the distance in simply a black braid scarf and black boots, while another shows her in a very short black jumper and fur hat in front of some autumn berries.

The final shot shows her walking away from the camera through a muddy field in a brown jacket and revealing her bare bottom.

The shoot entitled Days of Heaven, which is published both in the paper and online, was organised by fashion editor Jess Kwong, 24, who is at King's College with Lily Cole and fashion co-editor Louise Benson.

They used clothes from Lily Cole's eco knitwear label North Circular and wanted to emulate a shoot the supermodel did with German fashion photographer Juergen Teller.
'I've seen earlier fashion shoots in Varsity this term and I think the fashion editors are great photographers, so when they approached me I decided to give it a go,' said Charlotte, a second-year student, from Exeter, Devon.

'They showed me the Lily Cole photos from her shoot with Juergen Teller and I liked the idea.

'It was absolutely freezing in the field but they had a big coat on hand.'

article-1332406-0C3516DB000005DC-29_638x410.jpg
Country view: It is the first time in Varsity's 63-year history it has ever published such racy photos

Charlotte, who has an older sister and whose mum is a teacher and dad is a clinical psychologist, added: 'It was good fun and I thought the pictures had real artistic integrity. Jess and Louise are great stylists and I had no qualms about doing it.'

The shoot was done in fields around Cambridge on a rainy afternoon.

'Every week we find a designer and source the clothing so this time we decided to speak to Lily about using her label,' said Jess, who has been joint fashion editor with Louise Benson for the last term.

'Lily was pleased to let us use some of her pieces. She knows we have done the shoot but she hasn't seen the pictures yet.

'The pieces are simple and lovely and we didn't want to distract from them, which is why we have kept the photo shoot as simple as possible.

'It was shot in fields around Cambridge in a remote area one afternoon. It was very cold and it actually started to rain while we were doing the pictures.

'I'm pleased with the result of the shoot and it was a lot of fun.'

article-1332406-0C3515C1000005DC-264_310x596.jpg

article-1332406-0C3518CF000005DC-698_336x596.jpg

Striking a pose: When not being photographed with very few clothes on, Charlotte is a second-year student studying linguistics at Cambridge's King's College

Jess said the idea for the fashion shoot was actually inspired by a photo shoot that Lily Cole did for Juergen Teller.
'We were inspired by a number of photographers' work and as Lily was involved we wanted to emulate her work with Juergen Teller,' she said.

'It is a fashion shoot that is very tasteful and uses nudity without being lewd and crass and we wanted to do the same.'

article-1332406-06FF2850000005DC-667_233x364.jpg
Charlotte modelled clothes from the eco knitwear label of supermodel and Cambridge student Lily Cole

Many of the clothes modelled are from North Circular, the eco knitwear label launched by models Lily Cole and Katherine Poulton, Central Saint Martins graduate Alice Ashby and entrepreneur Isobel Davies last year.

The line uses wool of rescued Wensleydale sheep and employs local grannies to whip them up in to next season's must-have clothes.

Two years ago independent Cambridge University magazine Vivid caused uproar by printing a raunchy page three picture of a topless student.

The student, from Homerton College, was wearing a black lacy thong, necklace and stockings as she reclined over one of Cambridge's historic bridges.

The blonde-haired beauty had a cigarette in her hand and her legs splayed provocatively as she posed.

Varsity is the oldest of Cambridge University's student newspapers and has been published continuously since 1947.

It appears every Friday and is one of only three fully independent student newspapers in the UK.

Each edition includes a fashion shoot and past pages have included models in punts on the River Cam or in the grounds of the historical colleges.

There is no problem on the photo themselves but on the category of readers of the Varsity Newspaper. For fashion industry they will never see any problem.

I have been asking without getting the correct answer, "Why women likes show their nudes"

Ni kawaida ya wazungu kuvaa nguo fupi huku wakiatia vile vichupi vyao vya kamba!! Therefore kuvua kwa ajili ya picha sio tatizo!

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom