Tanzania Politics Discussion Board

Lets analyze and have critical thinking discussions on Tanzanian Politics. ENGLISH ONLY

JF Prefixes:

Tanzania's government says it wants to protect the jobs of its citizens Tanzania's parliament has approved a tough new law aimed at curbing foreign employment. The bill requires firms to satisfy...
4 Reactions
4 Replies
3K Views
Two senior Tanzanian officials were arrested after they failed to produce details of 26 multi-billion dollar agreements signed with Statoil of Norway; the BG Group and Ophir from the UK; and...
0 Reactions
4 Replies
2K Views
Did information that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan in May 2011, originate from an informer in Dar es Salaam? This is the question begging an answer following new claims that a...
0 Reactions
3 Replies
2K Views
National Assembly Speaker, Anne Makinda National Assembly Speaker Anne Makinda has confirmed receiving The Access to Information and The Media Services bills, 2015 but denied they were filed...
1 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Former President Benjamin Mkapa views displayed photographs of the late Mwalimu Nyerere during launch of the Nyerere Resource Centre yesterday in Dar es Salaam. Scholars are of the view that the...
1 Reactions
0 Replies
Bank of Tanzania (BoT) twins' towers building depicting the beauty of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's commercial capital. PwC says the city is leading in GDP growth and a communication hub in Africa...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
2K Views
Tanzania plans to debate a new bill in parliament this month to guide the development of the country's nascent gas industry, officials said on Monday, adding it could be passed this month. East...
0 Reactions
2 Replies
1K Views
If Nkrumah, Nyerere and Lumumba were to rise up from the dead and see what is happening in Africa, they would be confronted with Africa at war with each other. Africans must began to emancipate...
1 Reactions
2 Replies
2K Views
Kigoma North MP Zitto Kabwe After 10 years in parliament, Kigoma North MP Zitto Kabwe has announced that he will not seek stand for re-election in October general elections. Kabwe was stripped...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
* Nations vie to build biggest East Africa port * Many doubt viability of Tanzania port project BAGAMOYO, Tanzania, March 15 (Reuters) - In its heyday, Bagamayo was a gateway to the heart of...
0 Reactions
5 Replies
2K Views
There were times when I honestly perceived professor Anne Tibaijuka as a presidential material, not anymore. In fact, I am now kicking my butt for being duped by her veneer of innocence and an...
8 Reactions
25 Replies
6K Views
Dear JamiiForums member we have to make critical judgement about nepotism and selfinishness in Africa particular Tanzania say something and suggest ways in order to remove the problem of nepotism...
0 Reactions
3 Replies
2K Views
A total of Sh47 billion out of Sh77 billion deposited at the Bank of Tanzania (BoT) for the purpose of paying road contractors is either missing or cannot be accounted for...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
The Tanzania Field Force Unit (FFU) manning security at a Police Station. Recent wave of incidents including attacks on police stations could be linked to terrorism. Tanzanian President Jakaya...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Calls by tanzanian parliamentarians for their government to annexe rwanda and burundi in order to end the crises there have drawn heated reactions from representatives of the two countries. "An...
0 Reactions
2 Replies
3K Views
I would like to share why I think Lowassa is a good leader. We all know that despite our country having enormous physical, natural and human resources, Tanzania is still one of the least developed...
2 Reactions
15 Replies
5K Views
ulius Nyerere applied welfare state principles to his own country and never lost sight of African traditio Former Tanzanian president Julius Nyerere with Nelson Mandela in 1996. He died in 1999...
1 Reactions
0 Replies
2K Views
What do we learn from the Tegeta Escrow Account in relation to Hon. Professor Anna Tibaijuka's Political Profile? Is Tanzania ready for a female president? What do we learn from the Tegeta Escrow...
0 Reactions
9 Replies
3K Views
I believe presidential debates are important as far as democracy is concerned. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT
1 Reactions
5 Replies
2K Views
The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) proposed thorough investigation on the Chinese company Sonangol International Ltd (CSIL), amid suspicions that the company has swindled the Tanzanian...
0 Reactions
2 Replies
1K Views
Back
Top Bottom