Tanzania Politics Discussion Board

Lets analyze and have critical thinking discussions on Tanzanian Politics. ENGLISH ONLY

JF Prefixes:

I really appreciate my dear president of URT he seems to sincerely love his country and people at large though hr misses target generally. Because of the difficultiness of life due to in necessary...
2 Reactions
13 Replies
3K Views
The political events of the past couple of years have me wondering if it is time to examine our democracies again. The political arrangements of the nation-state have been useful so far but...
0 Reactions
6 Replies
1K Views
“There is no such thing as a purely repressive apparatus” – Louis Althusser I am scared. What my President said in Singida has left me with goose pimples. The Citizen has not helped with this...
1 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
You will cheat people for a while but not actually always. The votes that were casted for CCM political Party CHAIRPERSON yesterday was actually Invalid. I say so due to the fact that it is...
2 Reactions
2 Replies
1K Views
Why Tanzania will never develop. Tanzanians and humans in general have one flaw that is very common in their demise. They don’t value the endless possibilities of human freedom. Instead we assume...
9 Reactions
27 Replies
6K Views
Wow.....! This is the only thing my mind is craving for the majority think-tankers to know, its an article worth sharing truly. Dar es Salaam — After five decades of formulating strategies as...
0 Reactions
6 Replies
2K Views
Highlights Tanzania collects approximately $5.7 billion in taxes per year, compared to Uganda's $6 billion and Kenya's whooping $13.2 billion. This is sufficient to cover only 75% of government...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Whether scrabbling around for litter outside State House or promising a purge of corrupt government officials, President John Magafuli of Tanzania has gained plaudits for displaying a popular...
1 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
This is his second official visit to Africa as head of state, which is nine months after the third India-Africa Summit with around 50 African heads of state as India eyes to ramp up its Africa...
0 Reactions
3 Replies
1K Views
" Give a small boy a hammer and he will find everything he encounters needs pounding" Maslow's hammer theory in psychology. The parents and most of the relatives of the small boy around him will...
9 Reactions
37 Replies
4K Views
The elephant in the room The powers at be are making some astute observation on the environment and land use. Land use needs to be addressed, and this is a necessary step, but the real issue is...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
By David Pilling In a crowded street in Dar es Salaam, where tailors and scrap-iron merchants vie for space with vegetable hawkers, barber shops and butchers displaying slabs of meat, one...
2 Reactions
8 Replies
2K Views
ZANZIBAR President Dr Ali Mohamed Shein has commended Dr John Pombe Magufuli for his ongoing efforts in promoting Tanzania’s good reputation including strengthening the economy and diplomacy...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
A friend recently commented on what he termed the good work the current president is doing in the country but in the same breath he asked if those affected by Prezzo JPM's actions and policies...
0 Reactions
2 Replies
How to Become a Dictator in 6 Easy Steps Here's how to become a dictator in 6 easy steps: 1) Scare the people with false flag attacks, exaggerated threats of foreign and domestic enemies, etc...
3 Reactions
2 Replies
1K Views
Tanzania's tourism industry may be in for a rough year ahead should proposals for adding Value Added Tax on tourism services be sanctioned by parliament in Dodoma, where Members of Parliament now...
0 Reactions
5 Replies
1K Views
The days of silly jokes are over, now we mean business The days of slumber are over, now we mean business The days graft and billion deals are over, now we mean business The days of...
0 Reactions
4 Replies
2K Views
Is Tanzania the Switzerland of Africa? The East African country of Tanzania has long been considered an island of stability where chaos appears to reign across the continent, and even its region...
1 Reactions
25 Replies
3K Views
The article that piqued my interest, was one asking the question if Tanzania is the Switzerland of Africa? It’s an interesting article, written by a political science professor from LaGrange...
0 Reactions
4 Replies
1K Views
Back
Top Bottom