Zitto submits ‘no confidence’ petition as Speaker seeks vote of no confidence against PM.

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010
Tue, Apr 24th, 2012
Tanzania | Tue April 24th 2012

Kabwe-Zitto.jpg

Mr Zitto Kabwe

The Deputy Leader of Official Opposition in the Parliament, Mr Zitto Kabwe, has presented a petition to the Speaker of the National Assembly, Ms Anne Makinda, seeking a vote of no confidence against Premier Mizengo Pinda.

Mr Kabwe said here on Monday that the petition signed by 76 Members of Parliament has been presented alongside a written statement explaining the intention to vote out the premier and government.

He also noted that among the recent signatories to the vote of no confidence petition against Mr Pinda and the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) government includes Mr Nimrod Mkono (Musoma Rural-CCM).

Other CCM MPs who have signed the petition against the premier are Mr Deo Filikunjombe (Ludewa) and Mr Kangi Lugola (Mwibara). Mr Augustino Mrema (Vunjo-TLP) and Mr Moses Machali (Kasulu Urban-NCCR-Mageuzi) have also signed the petition while Mr John Cheyo (Bariadi East-UDP) refused to sign the same. However, the matter is likely to be tabled and be discussed during the forthcoming session in June.

Parliamentary standing orders require that such matters be channelled through the Speaker at least 14 days before they are tabled. The MPs have been angered by several government ministers' failure to safeguard public interests and inaction towards findings in a report by the Controller and Auditor General (CAG), which has indicated massive fraud and embezzlement of public funds in various government departments.

A section of MPs have demanded the resignation of Finance Minister Mustafa Mkulo, who is accused of trying to dissolve the Consolidated Holding Corporation (CHC) for personal interests. Mr Filikunjombe alleged on Thursday last week that Mr Mkullo was the most corrupt minister in the cabinet.

Source Tanzania Daily News

In June the motion will be irrelevant because President Kikwete will have sucked all the corrupt ministers.

So, The House Speaker would like to only get ride of PM, but keep the Government intact

Zitto, would like to have no confidence with the Government run by Prime Minister so even ministers will have to resign

I don't know how they will get ride of the Speaker; She's the road-blocker to so Many Changes to our constitutions.

In June the motion will be irrelevant because President Kikwete will have sucked all the corrupt ministers.

Hahahahahaaa!!!
Watch this place!
The pres will be in mexico attending some odd meeting of some sort!!

I think it will be best if he(JK) will suck himself too for knowingly, and repeatedly appointing "gang members" to protect his interest.

Hahahahahaaa!!!
Watch this place!
The pres will be in mexico attending some odd meeting of some sort!!

It does not matter, the Parliament proceedings does not need the president around, it works and run independently from

the office of the President, so they can run down the PRIME MINISTERS GVT and he will rush back home whenever he is

I wished if the move could have started earlier. Otherwise it is a historic move ever happened in Tanzania for so long, if any. I advice the rulling party to digest this move and take it seriously knowing that not only the opposition MPs are dicontented with it but also majority of Tanzanians. Cheers to Zitto and signatories.

Very interesting and promising for the future of new Tanzania to come.Mh.Zitto don't be cheated and promised anything with them we are tired them it is too much bwana.

You are very funny my friend, what people need and I think the purpose of the motion is the corrupt ministers to be sucked off, if he the president do so before the date whom do you think is the loser.

Back
Top Bottom