ZITTO: 2012/13 Budget Participation

Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni

JF-Expert Member
Aug 9, 2007
[h=6]2012/13 Budget Participation

On June the 14th this year the Finance Minister will present the Government Budget for approval by Parliament. As it is well known the budget is the annual instrument for implementing a country’s development strategy.

In the build up to this year’s budget I am taking this opportunity as Shadow Finance Minister to invite everyone to put forward their ideas/suggestions on what areas should be of priority in this year's budget.
Your views will be collected and analyzed to form part of the Shadow Budget to be presented to Parliament and play a pivotal role in influencing MPs to adopt the proposals to improve the Government Budget.

Some of the major areas of concern that we are focusing on are;

1. Inflation which is largely contributed by food and energy prices (56.7% of the basket of goods and services with an inflation rate of 27%). Ideas on cutting inflation and hence prevent further deterioration of our poor people's income are largely welcome.

2. Unemployment especially youth unemployment is a mammoth challenge in our country. Tanzania’s phenomenal growth (economic growth) has not had a trickle down effect and in turn not translated into enough jobs which has increased the potential of a demographic bomb instead of dividend of having more young people and hence larger work force.

3. Reducing the current account deficit by cutting down on Imports & increasing Exports. Statistics shows that by the year ending March 2012 Tanzania import bill totalled USD 12.6bn while exports were a mere USD 6.9bn. The current account deficit stands at incredible USD 5.2bn! Tourism and Transport sectors have the potential of being even bigger forex earners as well as the proposed gas fired electricity generation would help cut down imports. Ideas in this area are needed.

5. More domestic revenue to finance development projects that are badly needed. By closing tax loopholes and reigning in on tax exemptions. Simultaneous cuts in recurrent spending and scaling up of development spending would foster strong growth.

6. The National Debt has drastically increased from TZS 7 trillions in 2009 to TZS 11 trillions in 2010 to a whopping TZS 22 trillions by march 2012. The costs for servicing this debt is the largest budget item in the proposed 2012/13 budget at TZS 2.7trillions is what we are paying this year to service our debt. This is equal to 34% of the whole budget for recurrent expenditure 21% of the total budget. Our nation's spiraling debt is bankrupting the future of Tanzania's children and put them at the mercy of our lenders.

Your ideas to help us improve the budget in order to foster growth and poverty eradication will be taken very seriously. Be part of transformation you want to see for Tanzania.[/h]
Mimi langu ni hapo tu kwenye RED.

I usually find myself in mysterious situation when I correlate the pase as which the national debt is growing and the amount and quality of social services offered by the government!what actually does the government do with this huge amount of money which we borrow from whoever??

I usually find myself in mysterious situation when I correlate the pase as which the national debt is growing and the amount and quality of social services offered by the government!what actually does the government do with this huge amount of money which we borrow from whoever??

You have a point Osokoni that's what end up on their pockets!

For i will be happy if the new minister will focus on decreasing inflation rate and rising the economy of the country. Am not an economist but am usually anger when minister and the government officials think inflation rate will decrease by granting on sugar which is used by few people in the country almost 70% of Tanzanian take two meals a day ie lunch and dinner, then thinking of decreasing a price of sugar you help Tanzanian i think its wrong. What i see here the government should think of reducing price of oils in which most of machines which produce and transfer these products to Tanzanian use this goods, you will see also another amazing issue the government rise the price of kerosene which is consumed by 85% of Tanzanian coz only 15% of Tanzanian have an access to electricity, current kerosene is not available in large part of the country people are staying dark,
in other hand government officials they should make budget for Tanzanians and not for them selves.
Also the government should focus on proper and effective collection revenue, should not take these taxes especially to big companies by just estimating should take all taxes as they suppose to pay. Another thing is the government should not affiliate to these private companies and business men, especially the rulling party.
Government should put effort on fighting against corruption now corruption has been regalized in public offices an official to ask corruption for the service is now normal issue.
Also the government for this budget we expect to reduce the tax being payed by workers we pay a huge amount of money each month and yet when we buy anything we still pay VAT, i think this is one of reason of rising the rate of corruption coz we get take home small amount and yet inflation is high now ujanja ujanja where it starts.
Another issue here i want to suggeste later on the government should think of paying back all VAT to workers we pay when we buy all goods we buy. I stand to be corrected.

Ningependa bejeti itakayopunguza matumizi ya serikali. Hii ina maana kwamba serikali ipunguze mambo ya anasa kama vile kununua utitiri wa magari, utitiri wa semina zenye malipo na marupurupu. Hili la semina napenda niliongelee vizuri, semina zinapaswa kulipiwa na wahudhuriaji kwani kimsingi baada ya kuhudhuria semina hizo, faili zao yaani CV huongezeka na hii inampandisha katika ngazi ya mshahara.
Bajeti yenye mipango ya uwekezaji hasa katika viwanda vya malighafi zinazopatikana hapa Tanzania. Mfano, nchi ya Kenya ina viwanda vya kusindika ngozi zaidi ya 12, lakini Tanzania ina viwanda viwili tu ambavyo ni Morogoro na Moshi, kile cha Mwanza hakifanyi kazi kwa sasa. Kenya wananunua ngozi hapa dodoma kwa dola 3-6 na baada ya kuzifanyia usindikaji kule kwao wanauza kwa dola 40 na kuendelea. Fikiri mkoa kama wa Dodoma una machinjio ya kisasa kabisa lakini ngozi zote zitasindikwa wapi? Ukosefu wa ajira unasababishwa na uwekezaji mbovu. Serikali inawekeza kwenye matumbo tu, hii namaanisha bajeti ya chai na vyakula vya semina.
Pia naomba bajeti hii ijielekeze katika kutatua matatizo ya nishati. Uwekezaji unashindikana hasa ka kukosa nishati ya kuaminika nchini. Nishati ya umeme jua na umeme upepo vipewe kipao mbele kwa waagizaji kuagiza bila kulipa Kondi kwa jinsi hii tutaweza kupunguza matumizi ya mafuta yanayochafua mazingira.

Tuna serikali ya watu wehu na vilaza, haiwezekani tukawa tunaenda kukopa tuu kila wakati bila kuwa na mipango thabiti ya kufanyia kazi hiyo mikopo. Ni sawa sawa na mtu anayeenda kukopa fedha benki kwa sababu tuu mshahara wake unaruhusu kukopa alafu zikaishia kwa machangudoa na kilabu cha pombe. Ndo serikali yetu ilivyo.

Tuna serikali ya watu wehu na vilaza, haiwezekani tukawa tunaenda kukopa tuu kila wakati bila kuwa na mipango thabiti ya kufanyia kazi hiyo mikopo. Ni sawa sawa na mtu anayeenda kukopa fedha benki kwa sababu tuu mshahara wake unaruhusu kukopa alafu zikaishia kwa machangudoa na kilabu cha pombe. Ndo serikali yetu ilivyo.

anakopa kwa ajili ya kusafiria nje ya nchi teh teh teh

Kama Zitto anatembelea hili jamvi tafadhali naomba uweke hili tangazo kwa lugha ya Kiswahili. Ni vizuri viongozi mkakumbuka umuhimu wa kuwashirikisha wananchi bila ya vikwazo. Lugha ni kikwazo kikubwa sana na mara serikali imekuwa inatumia huo mwanya kupitisha miswada mibovu bungeni.

Zitto, bajeti ya taifa ni jambo nyeti sana na kunahitajika msukumo mkubwa toka kwa wananchi ili hao wasituletee mambo yasiyokuwa ya msingi. Lakini kama tutaendelea na hii kasumba ya kutumia kiingereza kwa mambo mazito ya kitaifa ni wazi wananchi wengi hawataweza kushiriki.

Kiswahili ni lugha yetu, kila mwananchi anaongea kiswahili lakini sio kila mwananchi anaongea kiingereza. Na kama tumeamua kiswahili ni lugha ya taifa basi tufanye hivyo. Angalia uchina, japan wamejitahidi sana kutoleta maruweruwe kwenye lugha. Na imelipa.

• Thanks
Reactions: JS
mwambien zito awe anakuja kupost mwenyewe hapa,na kule fb pia hatupend m2 wa kujiona adimu sana kuwa karibu na watu bna Zito mana mkishakua na cheo bs hamrud kuwa nasi iga mfn wa msigwa,Selasin,said arfi etc.
Yangu ni bajet ijayo iondoe matabaka ya kipato ktk wafanyak wote,kiwango cha chni kiwe lakin 4 na cha juu milion mbili,hv 2tabalance kipato na itafanya watu kutojiona Miungu wa2..

• Thanks
Reactions: FJM
High (&unrealistic) renting cost and fuel cost as it relates to transportation contribute to double digit inflation. We more often than none tend to overlook the the link between rent (pango) and inflation. Renting business shall be regulated, for it we cannot live with the status quo anymore.

Wanajf toeni maoni basi mbona malalamika tu, mshikaji atajisikia vibaya sasa, yote yanayosemwa ni kweli ila tutoe maoni kuhusu hii bajeti ya mwaka huu basi. Kwaajil ya kumrekebisha zito tutaanzisha nyingine.

High (&unrealistic) renting cost and fuel cost as it relates to transportation contribute to double digit inflation. We more often than none tend to overlook the the link between rent (pango) and inflation. Renting business shall be regulated, for it we cannot live with the status quo anymore.

your right mkuu

According to John Meynard Keynes and now Paul Krugman, cutting spending is not always good especially when unemployment is above average. You cannot fix a problem of "no-job growth" by cutting spending. All you need is smart spending intended to add jobs.

You can't collect from where you didn't seed. I mean had Zitto brought this call, I could rest assured that my contribution wont end as a chitchat text. If Zitto wanted, thought about and considered JF as a platform of Great Thinkers, he would have posted this himself. But doing this in Michuzi and other media meant contribution from JF exclusive members who do not consume the social content diet from other networks was of less importance.

Hence my time and brain is similarly expensive to lure honor from someone who belitle my contribution. And thus, I won't waste my resources.

• Thanks
This is stort of stage where we are close to this kind of economy.

Attachments

• zim dollar 2012.jpg
    zim dollar 2012.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 44
I would like to see the shadow budget focus more on
a) Reduce the price of all type of oil
b)increase tax in all import goods
c)increase the price of cigarette &beer
d)Reduce government expenditure
e)focus more on private sector rather than gov sector, as giving more opportunity for research and self employed.
f)increase tax in our minerals and cut all misamaha ya kodi.
g)Increase the budget of higher learning and technology

I would like to see the shadow budget focus more on
a) Reduce the price of all type of oil
b)increase tax in all import goods
c)increase the price of cigarette &beer
d)Reduce government expenditure
e)focus more on private sector rather than gov sector, as giving more opportunity for research and self employed.
f)increase tax in our minerals and cut all misamaha ya kodi.
g)Increase the budget of higher learning and technology

am using phone, are like your contribution is real valued

6. The National Debt has drastically increased from TZS 7 trillions in 2009 to TZS 11 trillions in 2010 to a whopping TZS 22 trillions by march 2012. The costs for servicing this debt is the largest budget item in the proposed 2012/13 budget at TZS 2.7trillions is what we are paying this year to service our debt. This is equal to 34% of the whole budget for recurrent expenditure 21% of the total budget. Our nation's spiraling debt is bankrupting the future of Tanzania's children and put them at the mercy of our lenders.

Note.
Dedt increases 2009-2010 by 4trillions in just one year.
again 2011 to March 2012 went up by 11trillion.
My I deduce that by the end JK finish his term 2015 Tanzania debt will amount to 55trillion.Therefore Hon.Zito shouldn't waste our time asking what to do to save the situation, instead I bag him to present the motion that this government of JK to explain this drastic rise on our debt short of that motion on progress which already has over 70 signatures from Mps should be present to the parliament soon as applicable to strengthen Mwananchi trust on MPs

1. Inflation which is largely contributed by food and energy prices (56.7% of the basket of goods and services with an inflation rate of 27%). Ideas on cutting inflation and hence prevent further deterioration of our poor people's income are largely welcome.
The whole point looks pathetic in terms of the information offered unamaana ya kwamba energy prices affect the production prices as complimentary goods or those are just separate separate goods, if so how do they fit in one basket for measuring inflation.

Kwa sababu if the two are complimentary goods then commonsense tells you one affect the other and most likely the prices of energy are likely to have an effect in production. If you were a policy maker first you got to talk to producers and find out their reasons for risen prices it could be multiple factors may be taxes are to high or low consumption to cover production cost etc and then decide on what measures needs be taken. Kwa maana hiyo yeye kuleta hili suala kwa wanajamii ni point less as he has all the information not available to the public.
2. Unemployment especially youth unemployment is a mammoth challenge in our country. Tanzania's phenomenal growth (economic growth) has not had a trickle down effect and in turn not translated into enough jobs which has increased the potential of a demographic bomb instead of dividend of having more young people and hence larger work force.

Somewhere along this post anazungumzia about trade deficit considering hatuna manufacturing industry clearly what we consume is produced elsewhere again figures and information of what we import can give a clear understanding on what to comment and give a better advise on how to improve the work sector (maana kuna sehemu zingine zinahitaji training na mambo mengine mengi0 vinginevyo tutaonekana wenda waazimu tu without data.

3. Reducing the current account deficit by cutting down on Imports & increasing Exports. Statistics shows that by the year ending March 2012 Tanzania import bill totalled USD 12.6bn while exports were a mere USD 6.9bn. The current account deficit stands at incredible USD 5.2bn! Tourism and Transport sectors have the potential of being even bigger forex earners as well as the proposed gas fired electricity generation would help cut down imports. Ideas in this area are needed.
Ngoja naenda kwenye barbecue nntarudi mungu akipenda kumalizia hizo point zingine jamaa anataka kuniacha hapa, kwetu leo holiday .

5. More domestic revenue to finance development projects that are badly needed. By closing tax loopholes and reigning in on tax exemptions. Simultaneous cuts in recurrent spending and scaling up of development spending would foster strong growth.

Your ideas to help us improve the budget in order to foster growth and poverty eradication will be taken very seriously. Be part of transformation you want to see for Tanzania.

Mimi langu ni hapo tu kwenye RED.

• Thanks
Back
Top Bottom