Zambia coach Herve Renard: I am the chosen one

Pdidy

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
165807hp2.jpg
Gettyimages

Zambia coach Herve Renard has likened himself to Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, boasting that he is the chosen one.

The Frenchman has every reason to be a happy man after having led underdogs the Chipolopolo to their first ever trophy at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.

The southern Africans edged out pre-tournaments favorites Cote d’Ivoire in an epic 8-7 penalty shootout in Libreville.

Renard told the press he deserves the accolade as Africa’s best trainer for bringing the coveted trophy to the copper-rich country.

“I’m the chosen one! I am the only one,” the former Ghana assistant coach screamed. “I am Africa’s chosen coach.”

Renard took over as coach of the 2010 quarterfinalists after Italian Dario Bonnetti was booted out some weeks before the 28th edition of the Nations Cup. His team beat favorites Senegal and Ghana before defeating the rampaging Elephants in the final.

He is indeed as he commanded his unit to challange the big names who think they can do whatever they like and win Africa football of any sourt simply because of them being in the line up of European clubs. I liked the comment by Dennis Lota one of the Zambian football legends that " football is not about where you play but how dedicated as you play" Big up chipolopolo.

He deserve to say that, he was among of the coaches who posted his cv to tff, but tff disqualified him!god is always great!
Those karume based guys are not creative and dont see far. Where they serious they could have mantained the youth team by Copa coca cola, the one which trained in Brazil. Ask them today where are the players they wont even tell you the name let alone where they are.

dah mi nilitaka nione comment ya p didy kaandika kizungu.. maana kiswahili inakuwa tabu sana kumsoma

Back
Top Bottom