Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

" yote ni ubutu wa sheria ya takwimu"??

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Sheria (The Law Forum)' started by ngoshwe, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ngoshwe

ngoshwe JF-Expert Member

Sep 9, 2012
    This is what the Law (The Statistics Act, 2002) provides:

My take:

1. I am not quite sure if all persons employed in the execution of the duties on NBS as regard to population census made and subscribed before a commissioner for oaths an oath or affirmation in the manner and form set out in the First Schedule.

2. It is not very sure if the existing provisions of the Statistics Act are sufficient to deal with offenders who instigated or abetted the commission of a crime, or hindered or obstructed other persons from participating in the population census this year !!.

I see it was even difficult to charged or bring before the court of law those who were held by Police for the involvement in the alleged offences during
    population census who fortunately were released through unprocedural compromise following unauthorized rallies by fellow Muslims.

You can see the gravity of penalty imposed by the law upon conviction does not reflect the actual damage which might be cause to the public as result of the commited offence.