Will EAC’s common market deal work?

I don't think Tanzanians and other members of EAC must concentrate on competing in the market to be created. The fact remains that we are all selfish looking only at 'what are we going ro get/benefit from the so called EAC Common Market'? Let us be patriotic in every sense and steps taken towards the market.The meager committment shown by the leaders should be taken as a sign of failure, i thought they were going to come up with a collective comprehensive plan on how to educate and sensitize the EAC people on what to do and not to do rather each country doing on its own.

Ab-Titchaz.

I overall like your balanced approach and perception to EA issues

Ab-Titchaz.

I overall like your balanced approach and perception to EA issues

You are welcome Chief;

I hate sycophancy and cheerleading which many Kenyans are known for..sio wote lakini. You don't have to be a nuclear scientist to figure out how this thing is not going to work out.

Imagine mkutano wa wafanya biashara kutoka hizi nchi mbili? Do you think the local Tz feels represented by the likes of Rostam Aziz and Chenge speaking for them? Do you think Kenyans will trust Uhuru Kenyatta, the son of Kenya's worst landgrabber, representing their interests while masquerading as Kenya's Finance Minister? Kwa M7 nako hata sisemi kitu maana haijulikani serikali ni ya wananchi au ya mjeshi. When such minds meet basi weye jua watakua wanapanga
dili za kukwiba mali tu.

East Africans please lets strengthen the democratic institutions of our fragile countries before we rush into this thing. Hii itakua kama kudandia treni kwa mbele tu!

Regards.

I don't think Tanzanians and other members of EAC must concentrate on competing in the market to be created. The fact remains that we are all selfish looking only at 'what are we going ro get/benefit from the so called EAC Common Market'? Let us be patriotic in every sense and steps taken towards the market.The meager committment shown by the leaders should be taken as a sign of failure, i thought they were going to come up with a collective comprehensive plan on how to educate and sensitize the EAC people on what to do and not to do rather each country doing on its own.

Well said mkuu.

Kisha tazama hilo dondoo hapo juu uone kua serikali ya Kenya inafanya mikakati ya kuwaelimisha wananchi wake juu ya umuhimu wa hili soko. Je, why didnt we all as 3 countries come up with a collective plan? Hebu tafakari hapo kidogo....:confused:... Jamaa wanafundishwa jinsi ya kuja kuchukua advantage against Tanzanians. Kisha watanzania wa kijiweni wakikumbana na hawa mabwana itakua vurugu mechi mtindo mmoja maana thats all we'll see...matapeli!

While we the commoners are engaged in these small skirmishes the big fish watakua wanaingiza magari bandarini (isiwe Mombasa au Dar) bila ushuru wala kodi yoyote. Wauza unga nao pia watakua na field day na tusiwasahau the gun runners mentioned in the UN report about the Congo arms supply. How do prosecute such people without a clearly defined mandate?

Kama wasemavyo wazungu..."The sharks have smelt blood in the water and they are swarming to the killing fileds".

Tanzania kaeni macho.

Swadaktaa.

nomasana,

..this thing is becoming like the tower of babel.

..i thought we were uniting to form a stronger economic block and be competitive at the world stage in this era of globalization. that is the sweet message that has been coming frm our leaders.

..i dont know where this Kenya vs Tanzania, or we vs them [put any country you want], thing is coming frm, or if it is even helpful.

..TO MY FELLOW TANZANIANS LETS STICK WITH WHAT WE HAVE CLEARLY STATED: THAT THERE WILL BE NO FREE MOVEMENT OF LABOR, AND OUR LAND LAWS ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

You are welcome Chief;

I hate sycophancy and cheerleading which many Kenyans are
known for..sio wote lakini. You don't have to be a nuclear scientist to
figure out how this thing is not going to work out.

Regards.
Well said utafikiri the education on the block will make a country a middle income over a day!

Swala la muungano wa EA bado ni kero kwa kuona kwamba wakati bado hatujajiandaa kwa sera wala uwezo, serikali ya JK inaharakisha kuingia kwenye muungano kichwa kichwa.

Wakati mlango wa ajira sasa upo wazi kwa kila mkazi wa EA, Tanzania ndio tutakaoumia, wakati kuungana ndiyo njia ya nguvu ya kisasa, lakini sisi tumejiandaa?? mfano Leo hii wakati sisi tunajiandaa kujenga chuo cha utalii na kutoa wahitimu, wenzetu Kenya tayari wanawahitimu na ndiyo mameneja wa hizo hoteli hapa nchini kwa sasa. Wahitimu wetu wataenda wapi? Tumejiandaa kisera? Waliopo madarakani hawaoni hili kwa kuwa watoto wao hawasomi hizi shule za kata ambazo shule ya watoto 200 form one na form two kuna waalimu wawili tu.

Wakati mtanzania hajui nini umuhimu wa ardhi au hajawezeshwa kumiliki ardhi kirahisi, wenzetu wanauwezo na Wasomali, Wakenya wananunua ardhi ya Tanzania kama njugu.

Wakati wenzetu wanasaidiana mitaji ya biashara kwa wazawa kupitia kama vile KCB (Kenya Commercial Bank) ambayo imesambaa EA, benki zetu ndio kwanza hata huduma zenyewe za ndani ni mbovu, ni rahisi kwa mgeni kupata mkopo say NMB au NBC au CRDB kuliko mtanzania, kisa hatuna miradi ya kufanyia hizo pesa, kosa ni la nani, watu wameandaliwa kushindana?

Kama serikali yetu inashindwa ku-debate maswala haya inafaa iendelee au ndiyo kusema aaah bwana utamaduni wetu mtu akichaguliwa lazima amalize miaka kumi? hata kama hafai?

Swala la muungano wa EA bado ni kero kwa kuona kwamba wakati bado hatujajiandaa kwa sera wala uwezo, serikali ya JK inaharakisha kuingia kwenye muungano kichwa kichwa.

Wakati mlango wa ajira sasa upo wazi kwa kila mkazi wa EA, Tanzania ndio tutakaoumia, wakati kuungana ndiyo njia ya nguvu ya kisasa, lakini sisi tumejiandaa?? mfano Leo hii wakati sisi tunajiandaa kujenga chuo cha utalii na kutoa wahitimu, wenzetu Kenya tayari wanawahitimu na ndiyo mameneja wa hizo hoteli hapa nchini kwa sasa. Wahitimu wetu wataenda wapi? Tumejiandaa kisera? Waliopo madarakani hawaoni hili kwa kuwa watoto wao hawasomi hizi shule za kata ambazo shule ya watoto 200 form one na form two kuna waalimu wawili tu.

Wakati mtanzania hajui nini umuhimu wa ardhi au hajawezeshwa kumiliki ardhi kirahisi, wenzetu wanauwezo na Wasomali, Wakenya wananunua ardhi ya Tanzania kama njugu.

Wakati wenzetu wanasaidiana mitaji ya biashara kwa wazawa kupitia kama vile KCB (Kenya Commercial Bank) ambayo imesambaa EA, benki zetu ndio kwanza hata huduma zenyewe za ndani ni mbovu, ni rahisi kwa mgeni kupata mkopo say NMB au NBC au CRDB kuliko mtanzania, kisa hatuna miradi ya kufanyia hizo pesa, kosa ni la nani, watu wameandaliwa kushindana?

Kama serikali yetu inashindwa ku-debate maswala haya inafaa iendelee au ndiyo kusema aaah bwana utamaduni wetu mtu akichaguliwa lazima amalize miaka kumi? hata kama hafai?
Mbele ni kwetu kunatisha na uknown, tulikuwa na opportunity kubwa mno ya kuinua maisha yetu lakini siasa zetu mbovu za kulaumu. Na kwa upande mwingine labda itasaidia kutoa uvivu wa kufikiri hapo nyumbani watanzania wengi nao are too predictable and simple its time they are challenged at thier cost.

i see you people are still debating, thats very nice patriotic of you. abtitchaz it sad that u dont support it but hey! you are entitled to your opinion.

if neither of you anti-EAC forumers can make the governments to stop pushing for EAC then your petty opposition to the EAC matters for sh!t. sorry but that is the fact.

i see you people are still debating, thats very nice patriotic of you. abtitchaz it sad that u dont support it but hey! you are entitled to your opinion.

if neither of you anti-EAC forumers can make the governments to stop pushing for EAC then your petty opposition to the EAC matters for sh!t. sorry but that is the fact.

Nomasana,

Dont get me wrong bro.I have reasons for not supporting this thing and they are valid...very valid. I have opined loudly and nobody has answered the very pertinent question of addressing corruption and impunity on both sides of the borders. Why go into a union where we know for sure, the representatives (read politicians) are corrupt?

Who's interest will they be representing? Ours or their own? I have mentioned names of people embroiled in corruption both in Kenya and Tanzania. They are of questionable character and I can confidently say they will gang up to milk the cow after which the body will collapse ending with accusations and name calling on both sides just like before.

Tell me, what is the difference between now and the days of Mwalimu Nyerere, Kenyatta and Idi Amin? Horrifically it is the same mirror image the only difference being time. Museveni is a military dictator hiding behind the clock of 'civilian elected government'. As we speak, his 'party' has recommended him for a fourth term thereby effectively killing democracy in that nation. Is this the kind of person you wanna join hands with? Kumbuka bado hamjapata suluhisho kuhusu Migingo and if anything he trivialized the whole issue as a "njaruo problem"showing lack of diplomatic decorum...but what do you expect from a man who's hands are bloody and continues to wield a 'big stick' in all spheres of the life of the Ugandan people. Personally I wouldn't want to sit with such a character under whatever circumstances.

Taking the example of Kenya, we see a country led by Kenyatta's clique in the name of Kibaki who is by all intents and purposes protecting the status quo. He continues to shield the Kenyatta and Moi families who own large tracts of land which they stole from the common mwananchi. Right now the Constituion is being debated but the shenaningans involved are nothing but a way of fronting for Kenyattas son to take over come 2012.

Moi still holds onto that Tea factory at the edge of Mau forest...land that was aquired illegally and developed using taxpayers money. Now he wants to be compensated billions of kenya shillilngs before he lets go...and Kibaki is supporting this stupidity behind closed doors.Once again common sense dictates that these are not people to trust.

When you come to Tanzania, there is a high level of corruption and leaders who are out of touch with the masses. Nenda Jukwaa la Siasa and read for yourself and you will get a better sense of what I'm talking about.

The idea of an EAC is noble just like the European Union/Community lakini the biggest difference is that the Europeans have a better grip of the tenets of democracy and they govern their people not with the crass and impunity that we see amongst East African leaders. Tanzanians are justifiably scared of Kenyans because they know that they will come to grab land and all kinds of iinfrasactrucure that generates money. That is what they have done in their own country and evidence abounds.

To be real, I have no problem with you nor the other poor Kenyan who sells curios and vegetables at Kenyatta Market or wherever. It is the political leaders and well connected businessmen that are the problem.

Not until we have a level playing field in the political landscape of all three countries, not until we kill the culture if corruption and impunity in all three countries,not until we provide a better lifestyle for less fortunate of our society in the villages, not until we stop discriminating folks based on religion, gender or tribe, not until we secure our borders from unnecessary penetrations, not until we have a culture of mutual respect and civilised decorum amongst our people, then the dream of an East African Community will remain only that...A DREAM.

Regards.

Nomasana,

Dont get me wrong bro.I have reasons for not supporting this thing and they are valid...very valid. I have opined loudly and nobody has answered the very pertinent question of addressing corruption and impunity on both sides of the borders. Why go into a union where we know for sure, the representatives (read politicians) are corrupt?

Who's interest will they be representing? Ours or their own? I have mentioned names of people embroiled in corruption both in Kenya and Tanzania. They are of questionable character and I can confidently say they will gang up to milk the cow after which the body will collapse ending with accusations and name calling on both sides just like before.

Tell me, what is the difference between now and the days of Mwalimu Nyerere, Kenyatta and Idi Amin? Horrifically it is the same mirror image the only difference being time. Museveni is a military dictator hiding behind the clock of 'civilian elected government'. As we speak, his 'party' has recommended him for a fourth term thereby effectively killing democracy in that nation. Is this the kind of person you wanna join hands with? Kumbuka bado hamjapata suluhisho kuhusu Migingo and if anything he trivialized the whole issue as a "njaruo problem"showing lack of diplomatic decorum...but what do you expect from a man who's hands are bloody and continues to wield a 'big stick' in all spheres of the life of the Ugandan people. Personally I wouldn't want to sit with such a character under whatever circumstances.

Taking the example of Kenya, we see a country led by Kenyatta's clique in the name of Kibaki who is by all intents and purposes protecting the status quo. He continues to shield the Kenyatta and Moi families who own large tracts of land which they stole from the common mwananchi. Right now the Constituion is being debated but the shenaningans involved are nothing but a way of fronting for Kenyattas son to take over come 2012.

Moi still holds onto that Tea factory at the edge of Mau forest...land that was aquired illegally and developed using taxpayers money. Now he wants to be compensated billions of kenya shillilngs before he lets go...and Kibaki is supporting this stupidity behind closed doors.Once again common sense dictates that these are not people to trust.

When you come to Tanzania, there is a high level of corruption and leaders who are out of touch with the masses. Nenda Jukwaa la Siasa and read for yourself and you will get a better sense of what I'm talking about.

The idea of an EAC is noble just like the European Union/Community lakini the biggest difference is that the Europeans have a better grip of the tenets of democracy and they govern their people not with the crass and impunity that we see amongst East African leaders. Tanzanians are justifiably scared of Kenyans because they know that they will come to grab land and all kinds of iinfrasactrucure that generates money. That is what they have done in their own country and evidence abounds.

To be real, I have no problem with you nor the other poor Kenyan who sells curios and vegetables at Kenyatta Market or wherever. It is the political leaders and well connected businessmen that are the problem.

Not until we have a level playing field in the political landscape of all three countries, not until we kill the culture if corruption and impunity in all three countries,not until we provide a better lifestyle for less fortunate of our society in the villages, not until we stop discriminating folks based on religion, gender or tribe, not until we secure our borders from unnecessary penetrations, not until we have a culture of mutual respect and civilised decorum amongst our people, then the dream of an East African Community will remain only that...A DREAM.

Regards.

What can I say when all has been said? Wape wape vidonge vyao, wakitema wakimeza ni shauri yao.

Nomasana, Smatta and Kayundi2: Nyie hamna maono (vision), ndiyo maana hamyataki yote hayo. For you it's grabbing recklessly whatever stands in your way bila kujali political infrastructure. Wakenya wengi mnapenda short cuts in the name of aggressiveness, that's ur basic difference with Tanzanians.

Nomasana,

Regards.

aspiring for a corruption free EAC is noble and patriotic, trust me i aspire the same thing as you but we also have to be realistic. abolishing corruption is a long term goal and i dont think it is sensible to sit there do nothing waiting for the next one two decades when corruption will be no more so that we can enhance ourselves. we have GOT TO MOVE ON.

siasa kando, when your relative in mombasa or your friend gets a job in tanzania uganda or rwanda that was made possible because of EAC i dont think you will be sitting there complaining about how EAC should be abolished because of corruption.

Kwani ni kitu gani kinachowazuia Kenya au Uganda wasimalize corruption hivi sasa?

Kwani ni kitu gani kinachowazuia Kenya au Uganda wasimalize corruption hivi sasa?

kenya and uganda? as if TZ clean from corruption. anyways to answer your question america is 200+ years old and still fighting corruption

aspiring for a corruption free EAC is noble and patriotic, trust me i aspire the same thing as you but we also have to be realistic. abolishing corruption is a long term goal and i dont think it is sensible to sit there do nothing waiting for the next one two decades when corruption will be no more so that we can enhance ourselves. we have GOT TO MOVE ON.

siasa kando, when your relative in mombasa or your friend gets a job in tanzania uganda or rwanda that was made possible because of EAC i dont think you will be sitting there complaining about how EAC should be abolished because of corruption.

So for you, you need EAC for Kenyans to get jobs. Hapo ndipo mmeingia choo cha kike. Because you think Tanzanians don't need their own jobs, and don't even deserve them. That's why we will hang you naked! Ili mlete ukabila wenu kugawana kazi za watanzania, tutawapa kipigo ambacho hamtakisahau.

keny and uganda? as if TZ clean from corruption. anyways to answer your question america is 200+ years old and still fighting corruption

Kwani marekani ndio kipimo? Then nani kakwambia Tanzania hakuna corruption?

Nomasana,

Its true that fighting corruption is a noble cause, but I ask you once again
What is Kenya doing to fight the vice? To quote your words..they are
sitting there doing nothing.

My friends getting jobs in Kenya or Tanzania was not made possible by
EAC . Contrary to that, it was made possible by corruption. For example
there are many teachers from Kenya working in Tanzania and I can tell
you for fact, they dont have valid work permits. They are there because
the owners of the schools grease the hands of TRA officials who in turn
turn a blind eye to the whole incident. My Chaggan brethren working in
the mtumba business at Mwembe Tayari and Kongowea have no work
permits nor visa's to be there but they know if caught, they will cough
up a few shillings to the police who will turn a blind eye and life goes
on. That is the reality on the ground.

Kisha America is not the best example of a country fighting the vice.
If anything like you say they are still fighting it. Here you will find the
most corrupt people, the most racist people and the most dont care
attitude people. Kwa hivyo tupe mfano mwengine. My best are the folks in
the orient...utanyongwa au ufungwe miaka zaidi ya mia. It doesnt matter
if you were the President,Prime Minister or whatever Govt official.
Ukihukumiwa ndio kwishnei. Tutakutana ahera.

Meanwhile I have given you a host of reasons why I dont favor the setting
up of the EAC and I see you are only talking about corruption. Why dont
you address the other issues like systems of Govt amongs the three
Countries? You are not even addressing Museveni on the other side, or is
Uganda also not part of the EAC so to speak?If anything I see Kenyans
advocating for a Union with Tanzania more than with Uganda. Why call it
the EAC then? Si museme ni muungano na Tanzania mnaotaka.

Museveni will bring a ton of baggage into this thing. I want to see
your concern in that regard otherwise the people of Tanzania are weary
of this union of convinience which we are being lied to is beneficial to
East Africa.

The late Joseph Hill of the popular reggae group Mighty Culture sang a
song in which he said "they always give me basket to carry water"...
That is what Tanzanians will be given when it comes to this union.
I rest my case.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom