Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Wifestyles of the rich and famous

Discussion in 'Mahusiano, mapenzi, urafiki' started by BAK, Oct 8, 2009.

1. BAK

BAK JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Wifestyles of the rich and famous

Too wealthy to find their own mate? Someone else can do that!

Last Updated: 8th October 2009, 3:27am

[​IMG]

Connections of the heart can be had for a price. (File photo)
    Janis Spindel is often on the hunt for solid wife material.
    She must be sophisticated, intelligent, attractive, well-groomed and, according to Spindel, thin. Oh, and she must be willing to marry a millionaire.
    "Men are very visual," says the New York-based Spindel, who is behind Serious Matchmaking Inc., which helps rich men find love.
    "They fall in love through their eyes .... They have an allergy to fat. Seriously, they do. They're pretty brutal."
    Spindel, however, keeps her client list secret, noting that she's often hired to work for celebrities, high-profile businessmen and public figures.
    "I am their eyes and ears," she explains.
    For the opportunity to meet up to 12 handpicked ladies, men pay a minimum of $50,000, plus expenses and agree to a bonus of up to $250,000 should the relationship lead to marriage.
    So here comes the obvious question: Why would a desirable, high-earning bachelor require a personal matchmaker to find a compatible mate?
    "No. 1, the men that I deal with won't go online because that's actually a job and, to be honest with you, people online lie."
    According to Spindel, these successful gents are time-strapped, preferring instead to outsource the legwork.
    While matchmaking requires no training, Spindel insists she has raw talent for making connections of the heart. In fact, she claims a track record of 1,000 committed relationships, almost 900 matches, hundreds of marriages and, so far, no divorces.
    Spindel was in Toronto and Montreal recently, shopping for potential mates on behalf of one of her latest customers.
    "The interesting thing about Canada, as a rule ... I think the men are much more gentlemanly and I think Canadian women tend to be flawlessly gorgeous," she says, adding also they're not bitter, a big sell for her biz.
    When Spindel spots a striking gal, she doesn't think twice about brazenly approaching her and dishing out a pitch.
    "It doesn't matter if I am in sweats and a ponytail, I'll go up to anyone, anytime, anywhere," says Spindel.
    While money talks, Spindel has refused to take on men for any number of reasons.
    "If they're rude. Anyone that's delusional in what they're looking for. If I am dealing with a Danny Devito type ... wake up buddy and get out of here," she says.
    "(One guy) was so unattractive it was scary -- bald, big nose, short .... He had no manners, had a lot of money and he thought he could buy anything he wanted."
    To gauge what type of man she's dealing with, Spindel goes on "simulated" dates with them, conducts home visits (usually flown first class on her client's tab) analyzes photographs of exes, and sometimes spends several days in their company. She's not shy about scouring through their cupboards, drawers and refrigerators to find out more about them.
    Women, too, are scrutinized. They undergo background checks, complete a survey and are interviewed by phone. If they don't look good, she'll tell them.
    Should they pass the steps, they get one step closer to meeting their mystery man.
    "Take off the glasses, fix your hair, it's all about attitude -- nice, sweet, not a drama queen -- men definitely don't want drama queens."