Why We Oppose Them: Against the Banality of the Corrupt Ruling Elite

This is not about love or hate; the whole system is corrupted, we need to start with fresh new blood; and wananchi must be educated of to what to expect from their government; wananchi need to make their mind on how to fight these holligans this is not about CCM or Chadema; its about us, ordinary Tanzanians.

Chama
Gongo la Mboto DSM

We oppose them rather because they stand for everything that we hate. They have become defenders of a corrupt political regime, guardians of vice and envoys of incompetence! My friends, we oppose them because their interests stand opposed to that of the majority of our people

How come they have 83% of the parliament?

Imefika mahali ruling class in Tanzania wanaona kila anayepinga mawazo yao, mbinu zao, harakati zao na uwepo wao ni muumini wa vurugu, "haitakii mema nchi hii", "ana njaa", "ana wivu" etc. These pple think they are entitled to think on our behalf, to like/dislike on our behalf etc. They will stop at nothing to demonize whoever does not agree with them, they will paint them bad and would want you and me to do the same.

The issue of a new constitution for Tanzania of this new century, is similar to laying a foundation for a new house. The constitution provides a strong foundation towards having a stable government. The foundation of the constitution needs to have legitimacy, and the way this matter of re-writing of constitution is progressing, and being handled by the current regime is plain and simply wrong. Wrong because their method of excluding all the people of Tanzania by just hijacking the re-writing of it, themselves. AND that also with absolutely incompetent individuals in charge who have no idea of the principles of democracy, nor of rule of law. How does this guarantee any legitimacy? If they have already broken the law to start with, an illegal foundation has been set for the building of the new house? How does this method of illegitimacy, exclusion of all people, and hijack of re-write by one side provide a stable and fair government? The right to re-write the constitution belongs to all people, for the constitution is for the people, by the people. Not for one certain group of people. Not for the 0.01%, by them & for them. ONLY!?
ALL people, including intellectuals should be involved. Not only incompetent, inept people following an agenda to sustain the status QUO of corruption in this country.
The looting of this country has been going on for far too long.
Need to recognize that the whole system is corrupt. Have to get money out of politics, because a govt. that is bought cannot lead.
Corruption is violence. For the past 30 years, officials that have been elected by the public, have allowed the system to get worser and worser.
Meanwhile, lack of everything has mushroomed. AND the country is bloated with enough bureau des changes to "feed" the 0.01%.
Does anyone even have data on the deaths that occur in Tanzania over lack of access to healthcare, water, food? How many deaths have occurred because of hunger, malnutrition? Are there any statistics available?
Because of lack of access to education and rampant poverty, how many girls have gone into prostitution to provide for their families? Any data on that?
Take for example, the recent preventable incident of MV spice Islander. Approximately 2900 deaths. These people did not die of bombs, of bullets, their cause of death was corruption. Corruption as a weapon of mass destruction is as violent as any bomb or bullet, any police officers baton or machete.
In re-write of new constitution they should have started a non-partisan commission, included very educated people, and heard the voices of all groups and people.
I concur with the author of this thread and I am also against the banality of the current incompetent inept elite. In fact, I would further go and state that banality breeds mediocrity and I am against mediocrity in any form or fashion. Corruption breeds nepotism and incompetence. AND my birth country, Tanzania cannot drown in this malaise of nepotism, incompetence, banality, mediocrity.
The spirit of Tanzania is entwined with the hopes and dreams of Mwalimu Nyerere. He was not banal neither was he mediocre.
Tanzania people still have to dream and offer their talents to the world.

Na je una uhakika gani kuwa wale walioko nje ya utawala wakitawala hawatatupa matatizo? Im very skeptical lol.
Ninavyoona tuna tatizo kubwa mno la kimfumo/systemic.Tumejijengea value system yenye kuamini/kukumbatia na kutukuza rushwa na ufisadi.Siamini kuwa kwa hatua tuliyofikia kuna utawala utakuja Tanzania kwa miaka ya karibuni utakaokuwa tofauti.

ndio muhimu wa kuwa na katiba mpya ambayo itakuwa na checks and balances. The new constitution to be sure will not be the cure for all our socials ills, it will however help prevent glaring acts of abuse of power and office.

We oppose them rather because they stand for everything that we hate. They have become defenders of a corrupt political regime, guardians of vice and envoys of incompetence! My friends, we oppose them because their interests stand opposed to that of the majority of our people

@SOBY, on blue: rigging! courtesy of state house organs - all apointed by the President ofcourse. We oppose them!

Jamani demokrasia msingi wake ni kupinga na kukataa. In a democracy conformity is optional but dissent is necessary!

...well said madame, lakini katiba mpya kama itaandaliwa kwa mchango unaoshirikisha wananchi wote, itajenga mazingira mazuri na itatoa guarantee ya ugali kuwepo mezani pale unapotakiwa!

Thanks Comrade maana wewe umenisoma..................Ninachotaka kusema ni kuwa watu wengi ( ukiacha wasomi na wanasiasa) wamerukia bandwagon kwa jazba bila kujua nini kinaendelea kwenye huu mchakato.Watu hawa maskini ya Mungu wanachukulia huu mchakato kama mkombozi wa matatizo yao kwa maana ya kuanza kudai vitu ambavyo muda wake bado, vitu ambavyo watatakiwa kuvileta wakati wa "kuandika hiyo Katiba mpya".Kuna watu wanadhania kuwa tayari tunatayarisha Katiba... kumbe kinachofanyika sasa ni maandalizi tu. Kuna wanaopinga utaratibu huu wa maandalizi lakini approach wanayotumia ni ya kinadharia academic/theoretical zaidi.Kibaya zaidi hata wasomi nao wanachangia katika kuwachanganya wananchi.Mimi kwa maoni yangu ni kuwa kweli tunahitaji "Sheria mama" madhubuti yenye kuzingatia maendeleo na mabadiliko ya kiuchumi, kijamii na kisiasa na kujali haki na maslahi ya Watanzania wote na siyo tu wanasiasa.Lakini for the time being tujielemishe zaidi kwa kilichopo kwenye katiba ya sasa, tuujue mchakato utakavyokuwa na kisha tushiriki kikamilifu kama informed citizens bila kuweka ushabiki wa vyama.

MM,
That's brilliantly constructive analysis.

The keyword there is hate, I prefer loathe. We principally, logically, socially and politically loathe everything they stand for and their wholesome embodiment.

Tanzania is for us all, not ccm or few self-elected ******. I like it when ccm (refer to one of your recently article elsewhere) sides with the likes of Gaddafi....that's says and shows everything about them. They never condemned gross human rights violations and attrocities ushered by Assad to his people, why? B'coz they too believe in it, and will never hesitate for a second going down, themselves, thru same path when the challenge arise.

Mdondoaji msisitizo uko kwenye "ruling corrupt elite" au "corrupt ruling elite"... matatizo yetu hayajasababishwa na watu walio nje ya utawala, bali ya wenye kushika utawala. Sasa mtagombana na walio nje ya madaraka kwanini wakati hawana wizara, idara, au afisa hata mmoja wa serikali?

@Mdondoaji

you oppose CDM because you have fear and worry, an outcome of oppression and gun point democracy from the rulling party

i treat all of whom deny the right for a new draft constitution as enemies of God

sisiem legislators are infidels

Because this constitution favours them
It doesn't create a foundation for free NEC , free and independent PCCB, free and Judicial , police force for wananchi

The constitution is for CCM to rule for ever even wananchi don't want . They use Police, DEDs,NEC,PCCB,judicial to winnie by all means even if wananchi don't vote them

Because this constitution favours them
It doesn't create a foundation for free NEC , free and independent PCCB, free and Judicial , police force for wananchi

The constitution is for CCM to rule for ever even wananchi don't want . They use Police, DEDs,NEC,PCCB,judicial to winnie by all means even if wananchi don't vote them
iIm hmbled by yor answer.
This sh#t is deep.
It changed my stance somehow.

Back
Top Bottom