Why is the EA Parliament 'unrepresentative'?

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009
Though i support the idea of having an EA Parliament the current structure is unrepresentative Tanzania of 44 mio. people is having the same number of MPs to Rwanda of 11 mio. people! For whose benefit is the current structure serving? If the MPs are there to serve the people, then why is the number of MPs not calculated from ratios?

Though i support the idea of having an EA Parliament the current structure is unrepresentative Tanzania of 44 mio. people is having the same number of MPs to Rwanda of 11 mio. people! For whose benefit is the current structure serving? If the MPs are there to serve the people, then why is the number of MPs not calculated from ratios?

very good topic geza

during constitutional debate in Kenya there was alot of different ideas on how representation should occur.

i think they went with the lesser controversial way

Ndiyo yale yale watakwambia wao ni nchi vile vile kwa nini wawe na wawakilishi wachache. Wanasema wingi si hoja. EAC lazima ivunjike tena, safari hii ni zamu yetu kuivunja tena itakufa kifo cha mende, mambo ya kulazimishana yamepitwa na wakati haiwezekani Watanzania wagawane keki yao ya taifa na Manyang'au.

i just can't understand which criteria was used? going on ratios if Rwanda has 5 MPS then Tanzania has to have 20 MPs, Kenya has to have 18 MPS Uganda 15 MPS and Burundi 5 MPS! I feel not fairly represented over there! if a referendum is held today i will not support the federation thing!

i just can't understand which criteria was used? going on ratios if Rwanda has 5 MPS then Tanzania has to have 20 MPs, Kenya has to have 18 MPS Uganda 15 MPS and Burundi 5 MPS! I feel not fairly represented over there! if a referendum is held today i will not support the federation thing!

dang! that is very random! now this really has got my interest engaged

i will research the topic and post what i find here.

Back
Top Bottom