Why do you beat your Spouses!?

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
2009-09-25 07:37:00
Most women 'beaten by spouses'
By Exuper Kachenje
THE CITIZEN

More than 80 per cent of gender based violence (GBV) cases reported in the last 12 months in East Africa show that women suffer physically through beatings from their husbands.

This has been established in a research conducted by the Regional Centre for Quality Health Care (RCQHC), according to Dr Yvonne Kidza, a maternal, neonatal and reproductive advisor from the University School of Public Health in Kampala, Uganda.
Addressing the third regional forum on best practices in health care held in
Arusha recently, she said in the last 12 months, a total of 5,878 cases on violence were reported in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.

But an independent report from the Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) in Tanzania indicated that it handled only 102 cases concerning sexual abuse.
Between 1993 and 1996, reported cases involving children aged below four years accounted for 24 per cent, it revealed.

"In the last 12 months reports show that in 80 per cent of the violence cases reported, women suffered physical violence inflicted by husbands,� said Dr Kidza.

She continued: "There have been increasing evidence from studies from East, Central and Southern Africa indicating that GBV is a common problem affecting females of all ages and social strata.

It is a common problem that negatively affects the reproductive health of females." Dr Kidza, who conducted an analytical survey in the East, Central and Southern African region, said 64 per cent of medical schools have not integrated gender in their respective preservice curriculum.

She said this was a serious oversight because not only knowledge was needed but also skills for health workers. She said in 2006 a situational analysis survey was done by the RCQHC in 15 universities, medical schools and 30 nurses training schools in East Africa.

It was geared at equipping graduates in health training schools and colleges with the competence required to promote gender equality and empower women.

According to Dr Kidza, during the same period in Uganda four per cent of primary school children were raped by their teachers. Debating the findings, delegates mentioned lack of awareness among policy makers, trainers and students on GBV as high. They proposed that this should be looked into.

They also cited the need for resource allocation, capacity building
and research to be implemented at the national level. National governments should fill in the gaps and give special attention to children's policy as well as improve access to quality health care and management of GBV victims, they said.

GBV knows no race, cultural background, education, religion, social economic or political status.GBV is an expression of power and ego... is done by those who are insecure.... those who feel threatened by their spouses success, among other factors.Men who beat their wives have an ego problem.They want to excercise control hata pale ambapo hakuna haja kufanya hivyo...
Ukiwatathmini wenye kupiga wake zao kwa mfano utaona wana ile hali ya kutokuweza ku negotiate na kufikia muafaka.Kwa vile hawana uwezo wa kujenga hoja zenye nguvu katika mahusiano,hutumia mabavu kuingiza woga kwa wenzi wao.I could go on and on...

GBV knows no race, cultural background, education, religion, social economic or political status.GBV is an expression of power and ego... is done by those who are insecure.... those who feel threatened by their spouses success, among other factors.Men who beat their wives have an ego problem.They want to excercise control hata pale ambapo hakuna haja kufanya hivyo...
Ukiwatathmini wenye kupiga wake zao kwa mfano utaona wana ile hali ya kutokuweza ku negotiate na kufikia muafaka.Kwa vile hawana uwezo wa kujenga hoja zenye nguvu katika mahusiano,hutumia mabavu kuingiza woga kwa wenzi wao.I could go on and on...

That is 100% true. Thanks for your contribution.

VeraCity you sound like WoS I salute you my dia

I have bad experience with this and it is very true that it is due to insecurities! I had a partner who used to beat me (I remember him doing it twice or thrice) and it was true that he was not secured he just had an inferiority complex over nothing!! When it came to discuss thing and happen to have two different oppinion he used not to take it as a challenge (for him to provide enough information to convince me otherwise) but he took the urgument (whativer stupidy it can be) as ubishi , dharau, jeuri and kujifanya ujuaji yaani to him hata akikuelezea kitu ukamweleza kuwa wewe unafikiria tofauti atachukia and take it as unajifanya ujuaji. So he always knew almost everything. As a result of that I decided to not to challenge him in anything (you can imagine how hard it was in such relationship-ikawa ni yes, ok, sawa -to everything he says. It became unbearable......... But the bottom of that is insecurities.

Back
Top Bottom