Why do congressmen never become president?

MwanaFalsafa1

JF-Expert Member
Feb 26, 2008
it's a question I've been asking myself for a while. If you look at all American presidents(correct me if I'm wrong) and indeed presidential candidates you find the most if not entirely all of them are senators or governors. Those who once were congressmen go on to the Senate before running for president. Never have I seen a presidential candidate who at the time of running is a congressmen. Does the political system in America make it hard for a congressman to become president? Are senatorial and governorship positions more prestigious? Just curious.

Congressman ni mdogo kwa senator as far as prestige is concerned, congressman ana represent district ya state wakati Senator ana represent state. Kwa hiyo wengi wanaotaka kuja kugombea urais hupanda ngazi na kuingia kwenye Senate.

Rep Denis Kucinich amekuwa akigombea urais wakati akiwa Congressman.

Rais James Garfield alichaguliwa rais akiwa Congressman 1880.

Kuna marais wengi (Johnson, Nixon, Ford Bush the father) wamekuja kuwa marais baada ya kuwa vice-presidents, lakini kabla ya kuwa vice presidents walikuwa congressmen na si Senators. I guess unaweza kuwadisqualify kwa sababu walikuja kuwa VPs

it's a question I've been asking myself for a while. If you look at all American presidents(correct me if I'm wrong) and indeed presidential candidates you find the most if not entirely all of them are senators or governors. Those who once were congressmen go on to the Senate before running for president. Never have I seen a presidential candidate who at the time of running is a congressmen. Does the political system in America make it hard for a congressman to become president? Are senatorial and governorship positions more prestigious? Just curious.

In America just about anything is possible. Who in 2005 would have thought a freshman senator from Illinois would go and become the 44th president? 2012 is still a long way to go as far as American politics are concerned. I would not be surprised at all if congressman Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin becomes the GOP's nominee. The guy is a wonk, he's young, he's got that fresh face, and comes from the midwest. And I won't be surprised if he beats Obama....

Congressman ni mdogo kwa senator as far as prestige is concerned, congressman ana represent district ya state wakati Senator ana represent state. Kwa hiyo wengi wanaotaka kuja kugombea urais hupanda ngazi na kuingia kwenye Senate.

Rep Denis Kucinich amekuwa akigombea urais wakati akiwa Congressman.

Rais James Garfield alichaguliwa rais akiwa Congressman 1880.

Kuna marais wengi (Johnson, Nixon, Ford Bush the father) wamekuja kuwa marais baada ya kuwa vice-presidents, lakini kabla ya kuwa vice presidents walikuwa congressmen na si Senators. I guess unaweza kuwadisqualify kwa sababu walikuja kuwa VPs

Thanks mkuu nilikuwa sijui haya yote.

In America just about anything is possible. Who in 2005 would have thought a freshman senator from Illinois would go and become the 44th president? 2012 is still a long way to go as far as American politics are concerned. I would not be surprised at all if congressman Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin becomes the GOP's nominee. The guy is a wonk, he's young, he's got that fresh face, and comes from the midwest. And I won't be surprised if he beats Obama....

I know nothing is impossible in American politics mkuu. i was just wondering why it had not happened yet and if it had anything to do with the system itself.

...wenzako wanaongea issue ya maana wewe unatuletea teabaggers fantasy zenu hapa...dream on lakini you have zero chance of beating Obama 2012,labda Rushbo na hannity if they team up mnaweza shinda:yuck:!

Back
Top Bottom