Why Burundians paying for visa in Tanzania and Tanzanians not paying in Burundi?

Songambele

JF-Expert Member
Nov 20, 2007
JF members with experience and knowledge on EAC protocol can share with us, the question that always asked by Burundians official while filling one month VISA application in Bujumbura airport the latest question asked this morning. its seem that Burundians there not happy that we charge them for VISA while EAC protocol is free movement for member country citizens within the region.

Its true that i am not paying for one month visa in Kenya, Rwanda or Burundi unfortunately Burundians paying in Tanzania, even though i am not sure whether this is true or not but there is reality on it. Any member with similar experience please.

Can this be associated what Kenyans and other EAC member considered us we Tanzanian are the barrier for EAC, personally i tell them that we are pioneer but much need to be done for build our image in the region. We are the best compared to the rest of member countries, lets communiacte our role to other members please.

Naona sababu za usalama ndugu..hawa jirani walikuwa wanapigana hadi tu juzi ndo naona wanapatana..tu Tz tulipokea wakimbizi wengi unlike Kenya!

Ila sasa naona mambo yako shwari wanaweza kulegeza masharti sasa!

Hakuna haja ya visa Burundi jirani zetu..sema waache kupigana kwanza!

JF members with experience and knowledge on EAC protocol can share with us, the question that always asked by Burundians official while filling one month VISA application in Bujumbura airport the latest question asked this morning. its seem that Burundians there not happy that we charge them for VISA while EAC protocol is free movement for member country citizens within the region.

Its true that i am not paying for one month visa in Kenya, Rwanda or Burundi unfortunately Burundians paying in Tanzania, even though i am not sure whether this is true or not but there is reality on it. Any member with similar experience please.

Can this be associated what Kenyans and other EAC member considered us we Tanzanian are the barrier for EAC, personally i tell them that we are pioneer but much need to be done for build our image in the region. We are the best compared to the rest of member countries, lets communiacte our role to other members please.

When did this not paying for visa for Tanzanians going to Burundi started? I went to Burundi and had to pay for a visa in 2007.

Dar Es Salaam, I have been there in Nov 08 and i didn't pay then i dont have any information about when they started not charging EAC member for one month VISA what i know is if you stay longer than one month they will charge USD 30 par extra month.

You have a big number of Burundians who lived in Tanzania for more than ten years, na baada ya hapo wakarudishwa kwao. huwezi kuwatofautisha na watz kwa lugha yao na namna ya maisha. hivyo, wanaweza wakaishi burundi kama waburundi na wakaishi tz kama watz. wanaweza kufanya uhalifu wakajificha tz kama watz kumbe sio, na wanaweza wakitimuliwa hapa tz wakaenda kuishi mafichoni burundi kama waburundi na mtu asiwatambue, ndo maana hapa mwanzo wa ushirikiano wetu na burundi, tunataka tuwajue. ni lazima kidogo kuwe na strictness ili kuhakikisha kuwa wale wanaokuha hapa tz au wale wanaoishi hapa tz wanaishi kihalali kwa ulinzi wa nchi zote mbili, tz na burundi.

kwa upande mwingine, Burundi ni rafiki wa tz kuliko hata Rwanda, kwasababu kwanza, Burundi wana rely on Dar port for their imports from the far east. pia, zaidi ya waburundi million moja walishaishi tz na we sometimes feel one and they can sometimes feel tzs. kuliko Rwanda ambao wana rely on Mombasa through Uganda for their imports. I love Burundians na napenda siku moja wangekuwa kitu kimoja na watz. God bless your president Pierre Nkrungiza....a man who fears God, ndio maana hata nchi yenu itabarikiwa sana muda si mrefu.

Quote..."I love Burundians na napenda siku moja wangekuwa kitu kimoja na watz. God bless your president Pierre Nkrungiza....a man who fears God, ndio maana hata nchi yenu itabarikiwa sana muda si mrefu".

We Mwana wewe!!! Unamjua Pierre au unamsikia tu kwenye Radio na kumwona kwenye TV? Yule ni guerilla fighter bwana, ameua sana msituni hadi kafika pale!!! Usimwone leo yuko vile na kuanza ooh, he fears God. Ile ni politiki baba!! chunga sana!!

Tanzania revokes visa requirement for Burundi nationals

ARUSHA, Tanzania, April 23, 2010

The United Republic of Tanzania has cancelled the visa requirement for nationals of Burundi travelling into its territory.

The cancellation, effective 17 March 2010, is communicated in a letter from the Department of Immigration, Ministry of Home Affairs, United Republic of Tanzania, a copy of which was dispatched to the EAC Secretariat.

The letter, REF: CJB.96/15/01′F’/74, addressed to Tanzanian embassies, Immigration officers and senior officers at Tanzanian ports of entry reads in part: You are informed of the removal of visa [requirements] for citizens of Burundi with immediate effect from Wednesday 17 March 2010.

The cancellation means nationals of Burundi are no longer required to pay visa fees before being granted entry into Tanzania.

The removal of the visa requirement is in line with EAC ideals that promote the free movement of persons in the region as envisioned in the Treaty for the Establishment of the East African Community.

SOURCE: East African Community (EAC)

Naona sababu za usalama ndugu..hawa jirani walikuwa wanapigana hadi tu juzi ndo naona wanapatana..tu Tz tulipokea wakimbizi wengi unlike Kenya!

Ila sasa naona mambo yako shwari wanaweza kulegeza masharti sasa!

Hakuna haja ya visa Burundi jirani zetu..sema waache kupigana kwanza!

You said in in 2009...and today is 2015

Tanzania revokes visa requirement for Burundi nationals

ARUSHA, Tanzania, April 23, 2010

The United Republic of Tanzania has cancelled the visa requirement for nationals of Burundi travelling into its territory.

The cancellation, effective 17 March 2010, is communicated in a letter from the Department of Immigration, Ministry of Home Affairs, United Republic of Tanzania, a copy of which was dispatched to the EAC Secretariat.

The letter, REF: CJB.96/15/01′F’/74, addressed to Tanzanian embassies, Immigration officers and senior officers at Tanzanian ports of entry reads in part: You are informed of the removal of visa [requirements] for citizens of Burundi with immediate effect from Wednesday 17 March 2010.

The cancellation means nationals of Burundi are no longer required to pay visa fees before being granted entry into Tanzania.

The removal of the visa requirement is in line with EAC ideals that promote the free movement of persons in the region as envisioned in the Treaty for the Establishment of the East African Community.

SOURCE: East African Community (EAC)

Mkuu Melo, it is good to have people like you in JF! Need I say more?

Back
Top Bottom