Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

What managers said.......?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mbonea, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Mbonea

Mbonea JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2009
    After the Sol fiasco, we look at others who did not hang around.
    · Footballers' Lives: James Beattie
    By Adam Marshall, 23/09/2009
    We take a look at what some of the managers were saying about their games at the weekend.
    "I have to be pleased with the performance, especially with Thomas Vermaelen. I'm crazy but not crazy enough to think that he could be our top goalscorer - but he is at the moment!" Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger praises his goal-hungry Belgian.
    "In 34 games against the top four teams, we have never once beaten them. There is fear and anxiety in our play. We lack belief, we were not brave and we could not be ourselves." Wigan's Roberto Martinez has concerns about his team's psyche.
    "I said in a press conference that Torres was working very hard and it was a question of time." Rafa Benitez never had any doubts Liverpool striker Fernando Torres would start hitting the net regularly again.
    "Gabby Agbonlahor has made his goal out of nothing. I think the World Cup in South Africa is a long way off for everyone but, if he continues in that form, it will be hard to ignore him." Martin O'Neill is backing the Aston Villa thriller for England.
    "We gave away two goals with mistakes, which you would have been distraught about if 11-year-olds had given them away." Portsmouth chief Paul Hart is disgusted with his side's defending.
    "What we have to do now is not be known as a home team and go on our travels and pick up some points. To be sitting with nine points after the start we've had is important." Owen Coyle sets his stall out for his Burnley side.
    "The first half was the best we have played this season. We were the better team by a distance at that point." Steve Bruce takes the positives from Sunderland's defeat to Burnley.
    "I don't want to sound like sour grapes but it was a stone-waller [penalty]. They had six subs and 10 injured players and we didn't take the opportunity. The mentality of players defending set-pieces has cost us." Phil Brown is upset with Hull's defeat.
    "We've gone toe-to-toe with teams in the Premier League and not looked out of place." Alex McLeish is proud of his Birmingham team.
    "The penalty was nailed on and I thought it was the least we deserved for the way we played in the second half." Gary Megson is relieved to get a point from the home clash with Stoke.
    "Strikers live on confidence and Dave Kitson has got three goals now. I hope he gets a run of form together and gets 12-15 goals, which is what we thought we would get when we bought him." Tony Pulis is delighted with the form of his ex-Reading hitman.
    "I feel like a burglar. We've gone in, nicked something, shoved it in the bag and we're on our way. I could say we were terrific but what a lying little Muppet I'd be." Blackpool's Ian Holloway, who will probably be up for this award most weeks.
    And a midweek entrant from a player - Manchester United's Danny Welbeck.
    "Tonight it was great playing with Michael Owen, because Michael Owen's Michael Owen." Insightful.
  2. Dr. Chapa Kiuno

Dr. Chapa Kiuno JF-Expert Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Thomas Vermaelen anatisha huyo dogo