What is Intelligence?

Nyarwadhnyarwath

JF-Expert Member
Feb 15, 2016
Dear JF members, greetings unto you.
Direct to the point. I have been puzzled by the word intelligence leading to more questions than answers in my mind. I wish therefore to share this with you for those on the know to educate us. For example, in schools, students who sit at the top of class is termed the most intelligent meaning that the one at the botom is the least intelligent. However, years later, when you follow up the lives of the least intelligent and most intelligent in real world situation, the least intelligent outperform the most intelligent in most cases.
Secondly, it is said that, humans are the most inteligent animals in the world. However, when Tsunami struck, hundreds of humans died while the animals escaped long before the disaster to safety.
These few examples add to the mix up. Those who are more conversant with this field, could you please put light onto this.
Welcome

In my own view intelligent can be defined as the ability of an individual in analysing ,describe, thinking that's is why human has been given this ability while animals are not gifted with this

In my own view intelligent can be defined as the ability of an individual in analysing ,describe, thinking that's is why human has been given this ability while animals are not gifted with this
What about animals as in the Tsunami example above?

What about animals as in the Tsunami example above?
Not only disastrous issues, I've heard that dolphins can utilize about 40% of their brain, while humans are with only 20%, that's why they can even perform sonar mapping while we can't, but at the same time we are known to be so intelligent!
I need to know in what sense do we describe intelligence if wild animals can surpass humans to coup with nature.

Not only disastrous issues, I've heard that dolphins can utilize about 40% of their brain, while humans are with only 20%, that's why they can even perform sonar mapping while we can't, but at the same time we are known to be so intelligent!
I need to know in what sense do we describe intelligence if wild animals can surpass humans to coup with nature.
You are right brother. Let the more informed regarding this tell us.

Intelligence is the ability to maneuver other peoples life without their consent and they can't do anything on it.
For this case holly john has higher IQ than all Tanzanians.
Following the scenarios and comparative situations above, is this all about intelligence?

Personally I see intelligence as the ability to make phenomena act in a desired manner.

We, human, are considered intelligent because we have such ability of exploiting nature and make it act into a desired manner.

In a scenario of animals who can escape a disaster long before humans can get a hold of what is going on, it is simply a case of how animals are made with their survival insticts, these instincts are within themselves.
It applies to the case of a great white to be able to pin-point the location of its meal, the case of a cat to always fall feet first on the ground.

Politics is everything or nothing. Umelelewa Tanzania kweli?
I believe this is a forum for those who consider themselves to be intelligent. As such, i dont expect to indulge in arguement with you outside the topic. If you are interested in that, start a relevant topic then we can get into action. For the sake of this topic, plz confine yourself to what is relevant to the question asked.

Personally I see intelligence as the ability to make phenomena act in a desired manner.

We, human, are considered intelligent because we have such ability of exploiting nature and make it act into a desired manner.

In a scenario of animals who can escape a disaster long before humans can get a hold of what is going on, it is simply a case of how animals are made with their survival insticts, these instincts are within themselves.
It applies to the case of a great white to be able to pin-point the location of its meal, the case of a cat to always fall feet first on the ground.
Good response. However, what do you think about a chap who performed so well in class but fails miserably in life to the point that those were considered idiots in class do better than him?

Good response. However, what do you think about a chap who performed so well in class but fails miserably in life to the point that those were considered idiots in class do better than him?
I once went through Shigongo's writing, he tried to differentiate between intelligent person and a clever one. He argued that an intelligent is not clever as an intelligent is armored with skills but to make the most of opportunities at hand they tend to be really slow the ability and will to exploit those opportunities goes to a clever person.

I somehow agree with him, I have a thing to add though.

Class intelligent may turn out to be not on same level of wealthy compared to a least intelligent because in Tanzania intelligents are made to believe that their skills is their key to better life, and those skills are in class/ school.
Least intelligents will hustle, will double struggle the hustle, will take risks, will grab and exploit oportunities, will learn and get all important experiences at that time class intelligent is doing rounds in classes and examinations.

I once went through Shigongo's writing, he tried to differentiate between intelligent person and a clever one. He argued that an intelligent is not clever as an intelligent is armored with skills but to make the most of opportunities at hand they tend to be really slow the ability and will to exploit those opportunities goes to a clever person.

I somehow agree with him, I have a thing to add though.

Class intelligent may turn out to be not on same level of wealthy compared to a least intelligent because in Tanzania intelligents are made to believe that their skills is their key to better life, and those skills are in class/ school.
Least intelligents will hustle, will double struggle the hustle, will take risks, will grab and exploit oportunities, will learn and get all important experiences at that time class intelligent is doing rounds in classes and examinations.
Thank you bro, this makes the difference.

I self knows that there are different types of intelligence, e.g. Academic intelligence, political intelligence, security intelligence, surveillance intelligence, spiritual intelligence, martial intelligence, development intelligence, stealing or espionage intelligence(eg. Markus Hess), diplomatic intelligence, animal's natural security intelligence(japan's incidence of Tsunami in 2011) etc. Thus, it is not possible a person be completely intelligent for each and everything that's why you finds that an intelligent academician is not a bussiness intelligent or a diplomatic intelligent though others are blessed with many intelligence.

I self knows that there are different types of intelligence, e.g. Academic intelligence, political intelligence, security intelligence, surveillance intelligence, spiritual intelligence, martial intelligence, development intelligence, stealing or espionage intelligence(eg. Markus Hess), diplomatic intelligence, animal's natural security intelligence(japan's incidence of Tsunami in 2011) etc. Thus, it is not possible a person be completely intelligent for each and everything that's why you finds that an intelligent academician is not a bussiness intelligent or a diplomatic intelligent though others are blessed with many intelligence.
Good explanation

Back
Top Bottom