Weezy Leads the pack for 2009 Grammy Awards

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
Reuters:

Thursday, December 4, 2008; 7:42 AM

Lil Wayne and Coldplay lead Grammy field

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rapper Lil Wayne, whose new album was the biggest seller of the year, led the field of Grammy contenders, while rock bands Coldplay and Radiohead led a British invasion of the music industry's top honors. Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter, scored eight nominations, while Coldplay followed with seven, organizers said on Wednesday. Three acts were each nominated for six -- rappers Kanye West and Jay-Z, and R&B singer Ne-Yo.

My Take:

Weezy is going to sweep this thing in February. You watch!

Also, I'm feeling that Brit chick Estelle (even though her grille is all jacked up--which is expected of Brits anyway...lol)

Last edited:
Let me not "the rest is noise" him.

Guru na Kiss washakuambia, apart from the rhymes, lyrics and beats, it is mostly the voice.

And Weezy quacks like a squeaky wheel overdue for replacement running amok.

Now he don't got no rhymes, he don't got no lyrics, he don't got no voice he just bought a few half decent beats and collabos, and with that he just falls down the chimney into your TV and FM and steal the show.

I will give him gangsta glut and slut, but he ain't no rapper, let alone one worth those awards.

Last edited:
Let me not "the rest is noise" him.

Guru na Kiss washakuambia, apart from the rhymes, lyrics and beats, it is mostly the voice.

And Weezy quacks like a squeaky wheel overdue for replacement running amok.

Now he don't got no rhymes, he don't got no lyrics, he don't got no voice he just bought a few half decent beats and collabos, and with that he just falls down the chimney into your TV and FM and steal the show.

I will give him gansta glut, but he ain't no rapper, let alone worth those awards.

Dude, what is Guru's last hit song...DWYCK/ EX girl to the next girl or what? Is Guru even a grammy nominee?

And Weezy is not lyrical..? you can't be serious....

Dude, what is Guru's last hit song...DWYCK/ EX girl to the next girl or what? Is Guru even a grammy nominee?

And Weezy is not lyrical..? you can't be serious....

See, that's where you get it wrong, hip hop is an anti establishment genre, true hip hoppers don't get no grammy,

Did KRS One get a Grammy?
Did Rakim get a Grammy?
Did Kool Herc get a Grammy?

To get a grammy there is a lot of politics and hustling, sales and selling out, marketing into making it and all that crap that true hip hoppers can't deal with.

That's why squeaky Weezy gets the Grammy, the hood knows who's real, and it is not Weezy.Kids listen to Weezy, and he has made himself into a phenomenon now -even Michael Phelps listen to him- those are the people in his audience, but when it comes to truly gully styles he can't walk the walk for a NY minute.

See, that's where you get it wrong, hip hop is an anti establishment genre, true hip hoppers don't get no grammy,

Did KRS One get a Grammy?
Did Rakim get a Grammy?
Did Kool Herc get a Grammy?

To get a grammy there is a lot of politics and hustling, sales and selling out, marketing into making it and all that crap that true hip hoppers can't deal with.

That's why squeaky Weezy gets the Grammy, the hood knows who's real, and it is not Weezy.Kids listen to Weezy, and he has made himself into a phenomenon now -even Michael Phelps listen to him- those are the people in his audience, but when it comes to truly gully styles he can't walk the walk for a NY minute.

Back then hip hop wasn't given it's due respect and that's why cats like Cool Herc, Whodini, KRS weren't winning awards. Hip hop wasn't even a category. But now I think they should create a vanguard or lifetime hip hop sub-category to honor those who have had a profound effect on the culture of hip hop.

But as of right now Weezy F Baby is running this hip hop shhht. See, if you ain't hated on then you ain't doing something right. So the only way to shut him up or down is to do better than him and so far no one has done that.

And NY needs to step up it's game. The south (especially the ATL)has been dominating hip hop for a minute now and what y'all got is Maino and washed up two quarters...hahahahaaa....come on now.

I'm for Hip Hop, not necessarily NY either.I am with you about NY stepping up it's game, but it's not going to be determined by record sales which are mostly influenced by crossover appeal and business acumen, which is so not Hip Hop.

I would be fine with T.I. I would choose T.I over Weezy any given Sunday.

Weezy falls through the chimney, T.I steps from the jets to the 'jects.

U be the judge, I be the mack in the white hat.

T.I the best na paper trial ni album bora kuliko The Carter III.Mwenye kubisha ana lake jambo jaribu kupambanisha tracks moja moja kati ya paper trial na The carter III.

Wow this is a wonderufll debate....let me sit down and listen maana mtu kama mimi i know nothing about Hip hop whatever it is....i am a country girl and thats all i know....

eeeh keep debating guys this gets more interesting...

cheerz....

I'm for Hip Hop, not necessarily NY either.I am with you about NY stepping up it's game, but it's not going to be determined by record sales which are mostly influenced by crossover appeal and business acumen, which is so not Hip Hop.

I would be fine with T.I. I would choose T.I over Weezy any given Sunday.

Weezy falls through the chimney, T.I steps from the jets to the 'jects.

U be the judge, I be the mack in the white hat.

Tip is aight...he is too country. I can barely make up what he is saying. The only problem I see with Weezy is his hoarse voice. Other than that, his lyrics, delivery, the message, etc. are all on point. Oh the other thing I've noticed is he's getting more and more eccentric e.g. the piercing of his lip and the tats.

The person I miss the most is Phife Dawg....I hope he's doing well.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom