Waziri wa afya kikaangoni!

I wish the Minister could see what I am seeing!

As a stakeholder in the health sector and so do you all my fellow "bloggers", improving the quality and safety of health services in this country and wherever else, requires meeting the needs and expectations of both internal [healthcare workers] and external [patients and community] customers. These needs and expectations are variable but at the end of the day they are all determinant factors for success.
My analysis of this situation, doctors are for the first time in history demanding for both internal and external customers rights, expectations and needs. I am a bit disappointed by the breeze of the discussion in the sense that everyone is so focused on that doctors should return as the as the government should be addressing their needs. One could argue that this are possible, but think about hepatitis B vaccine – such a crucial but affordable intervention. Currently the Ministry is not providing for this and it is truly unacceptable. What about medical insurance for doctors? In several occasions I have been approached by colleagues that we make a contribution for fellow doctors who are admitted at Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute and other private hospital, and yet this are the key provider of the service in the country. I can not over-emphasize how the wages are a total mismatch with what these individuals do bearing in mind current inflation rates and the like.
The external ones are more important and I bet if the community could have understood about this, may be they could be the ones denying to go to facilities. These doctors have been complaining about lack of infrastructure, materials, supplies and equipment, factors of which truly compromise the safety and quality of the services offered to patients albeit doctors presence in the facilities.
There are some anecdotal reports on the lack of stuff listed hereunder in a number of reputable hospitals in the country
- Lack or non-functional sterilization facilities [meaning that patients can end up acquiring preventable infections during the course of surgeries and other procedures]
- Lack or inadequate running water and lack of water taps in the facilities [we all know that hand hygiene is the single cheap but efficient and effective intervention]
- Lack of incinerators [meaning that the waste from hospitals get access to the community un-checked, a situation that leads into transmission of infections to the naive community]
- Inconsistent power supply in hospitals
- Lack of maintenance of various equipment rendering hospitals “equipmentless”
These are just examples, but my point is I am not seeing a clear strategy in trying to address these issues, and it is high time that the government take care of the internal clients needs and promptly work together in addressing the external clients needs starting with the most life-threatening ones. There are people in the country who could work with the government in coming up with solutions if given opportunity.
I submit

That can never happen.
Bunge letu halina wabunge,...lina matapeli,...woote ni matapeli tu.

Hao wabunge watakua wamechemka, issue yote pale wizarani ni Blandina Nyoni!!!

I wish the Minister could see what I am seeing!

As a stakeholder in the health sector and so do you all my fellow "bloggers", improving the quality and safety of health services in this country and wherever else, requires meeting the needs and expectations of both internal [healthcare workers] and external [patients and community] customers. These needs and expectations are variable but at the end of the day they are all determinant factors for success.
My analysis of this situation, doctors are for the first time in history demanding for both internal and external customers rights, expectations and needs. I am a bit disappointed by the breeze of the discussion in the sense that everyone is so focused on that doctors should return as the as the government should be addressing their needs. One could argue that this are possible, but think about hepatitis B vaccine – such a crucial but affordable intervention. Currently the Ministry is not providing for this and it is truly unacceptable. What about medical insurance for doctors? In several occasions I have been approached by colleagues that we make a contribution for fellow doctors who are admitted at Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute and other private hospital, and yet this are the key provider of the service in the country. I can not over-emphasize how the wages are a total mismatch with what these individuals do bearing in mind current inflation rates and the like.
The external ones are more important and I bet if the community could have understood about this, may be they could be the ones denying to go to facilities. These doctors have been complaining about lack of infrastructure, materials, supplies and equipment, factors of which truly compromise the safety and quality of the services offered to patients albeit doctors presence in the facilities.
There are some anecdotal reports on the lack of stuff listed hereunder in a number of reputable hospitals in the country
- Lack or non-functional sterilization facilities [meaning that patients can end up acquiring preventable infections during the course of surgeries and other procedures]
- Lack or inadequate running water and lack of water taps in the facilities [we all know that hand hygiene is the single cheap but efficient and effective intervention]
- Lack of incinerators [meaning that the waste from hospitals get access to the community un-checked, a situation that leads into transmission of infections to the naive community]
- Inconsistent power supply in hospitals
- Lack of maintenance of various equipment rendering hospitals “equipmentless”
These are just examples, but my point is I am not seeing a clear strategy in trying to address these issues, and it is high time that the government take care of the internal clients needs and promptly work together in addressing the external clients needs starting with the most life-threatening ones. There are people in the country who could work with the government in coming up with solutions if given opportunity.
I submit

Even though working in Tanzanian hospitals is helping my fellows 'wananchi' but there too many risks to do that, something serious should be done.

I am totally confused. Wanajadili niini wakati waziri mkuu alisema wasioripoti kazini watakuwa wamejifuta kazi. Watanzania tunachotaka kusikia sasa ni utekelezaji wa agizo la waziri mkuu. So far ni madaktari wangapi wamepoteza ajira zao na serkali inafanya niini ili huduma zipatikane. Otherwise waziri mkuu ajiuzulu kwa kuwadanganya watanzania, kuuchochea mgomo wa madaktari na kusababisha vifo kwa maelekezo ambayo hayakuwa na tija wala hakuweza kuyasimamia! Hizi bra bra nyingine za kukaa kama kamati hazisaidiii

Kumfukuza waziri haitasaidia chochote, turudi nyuma na kuangalia mfumo mzima wa AFYA na ELIMU nchini. Mtasema weee mkiukwepa ukweli lakini swala litabakia pale pale. Uongozi wa JK umeshindwa ktk ngazi zote za uongozi kwa sababu mfumo mzima wa kiutawala unakumbatia UFISADI na yeyote utakayemweka ktk nafasi hizo atajua hawajibiki.. Tukubali sote tumeshindwa na tunataka mwanzo mpya. tunataka mabadiliko - CHANGE, na hakuna atakayeweza kuyaleta mabadiliko haya isipokuwa wewe, mimi na Watanzania wengine wote ambao wanaipenda nchi yao kwanza.

Najua sana kwamba mara nyingi hutofautiana na watu wengi na wengine huniona mpuuzi lakini ukweli umesimama kwamba tatizo ni sisi wananchi na suluhu ni sisi wananchi kuweka Uzalendo mbele ya kila kitu..Na bahati mbaya natambua taratibu kwamba hata wasomi wetu wamesoma sana lakini hawaelewi maana zaidi ya Unafiki mbele. Sidhani kama kuna mtu hapa anaweza kunambia kwa nini mwaka 1992 ktk kura za maoni wananchi wengi walipinga mfumo wa vyama vingi wakati rohoni mwao walitaka kuwepo kwa vyama vingi?..

Jamani tuache unafiki tuippende nchi yetu na tuwe tayari kujitoa mhanga ktk kutetea maslahi ya Taifa na sii kutazama rangi zetu...

Mkandara,

Huo ndio ukweli wenyewe. Mgomo wa madaktari ndio unategemewa kuwashtua/jumpstart watanzania kujua mfumo mzima wa serikali umefail, major overhaul inahitajika. Lakini ili major change ifanyike lazima kuwa na political will ya kukubali tough reforms. Mfumo wa carrot and stick tokea juu "magogoni" mpaka kwenye halmashauri zote. I recall Mwanakijiji, Mchambuzi na wengine wengi tayari wamepoint kuhusu hili, sasa vitendo vimeanza walioanzisha wanahitaji support yenu tuache kuwabeza kuwa "hawana/utovu wa nidhamu" kama Faiza Fox anavyosema, sijui hiyo nidhamu tuliyonayo imetufikisha wapi?

Kazi njema huko ulipo.
Nawasilisha.

Kwa kauli ya Madaktari Bingwa kuwa nao wamezidiwa na kazi na kuwaunga mkono Madaktari wenzao ,Pia na kauli ya Madaktari wa Jeshi nao kuwa watakuwa wakijigawa kwa sababu huko watokako nako kunahitajika Madaktari pia, kwa hayo Lolote laweza kutokea

wangelikuwa serious na matatizo ya nchi hii wangelianza na Ngeleja, kwa jinsi wanavyofahamika hawa watu chini ya itikadi ya kulindana hawawezi kufanya kitu kama hicho hata iweje

Ni kweli tangu awe Rais hajawahi kukubali ushauri wa mtu yoyote.Mnajua kwa nini?Alishasema akili ya kuambiwa changanya na ya kwako! Pili huyu jamaa ni mgonjwa na he is near his deathbed! Take note Kila msafara wake wa Magari 30 huwa kuna ambulance that means he moves with a team of Doctors hao wa kwenu who cares. Sitoshangaa asipochukua hatua just reflect back hakuna mtu aliwahi kuchukuliwa hatua kuanzia ule unafiki wa tume ya Richmond mpaka kesho hakuna hatua ni usanii tu aw huyu mbayuwayu kutoka chalinze.

Wana JF jana mjini Dodoma wabunge wote CCM waliitwa katika Ukumbi mdogo wa zamani wa Bunge(MSEKWA) na kuwa na kikao cha Takribani masaa matano,kwa mwenye tetesi atuambie maana Wabunge wote walialikwa katika Hafla Dodoma Hotel iliyoandaliwa na ABC bank lakini wabunge wa CCM hawakuja ila wabunge wa CUF na CHADEMA
Nini kilijiri kamati na kikao cha vitisho? Mwenye taarifa atujuze....

Jana bank ya ABC ilitoa mwaliko wa wabunge wote dodoma htl lakini wabunge wa CCM hawakuhudhuria kwa kuwa kikao cha Mkwara kiliisha saa sita kasoro usiku....

wamesema lazima serikali ichukue maamuzi juu ya mgomo huu. pia wamejadili ni namna gani watavyoweza kuibana serikali pasipo kuiumiza au kuwapa upinzani hoja za wao kuonekana mashujaa, wamesema kwenye hoja muhimu ni lazima wajenge wabunge wa CCM waonekane mashujaa na si kutoa nafasi kwa wapinzani kuwa kioo

wamesema lazima serikali ichukue maamuzi juu ya mgomo huu. pia wamejadili ni namna gani watavyoweza kuibana serikali pasipo kuiumiza au kuwapa upinzani hoja za wao kuonekana mashujaa, wamesema kwenye hoja muhimu ni lazima wajenge wabunge wa CCM waonekane mashujaa na si kutoa nafasi kwa wapinzani kuwa kioo

Wamechelewa, nafasi ya ushujaa hawaistahili tena.

Hao wabunge watakua wamechemka, issue yote pale wizarani ni Blandina Nyoni!!!

uNAFIKIRI HAWAJUI WANALIJUA HILO ISHU NI KWAMBA BLANDINA INASEMEKANA KWENYE UCHAGUZI ALIWACHOTEA MIJIHELA MINGI PALE WIZARANI ILE YA GLOBAL FUND FOR MALARIA NA KUPELEKEA TANZANIA KUPATA RIPOTI MBAYA YA UKAGUZI.

HIVYO THEY NEED HER BADLY SHE IS LIKE A GODDESS TO THEM ccm

Usifikiri uko peke yako hapa Dodoma hakuna kitu unachotuambia labda kama unataka kuongeza namba ya thead zako

Mkuu naona sasa umezidi! Siyo kila thread lazima uchangie hata ufanyeje humfikii ff. Povu jingi unapinga upupu tu, watu wako serious we unaleta pumba umelipwa kiasi gani?

Back
Top Bottom