Wamarekani wanazidi kujikita kijeshi barani Africa

Askari Kanzu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2011
Hii makala ni ndefu lakini inatoa mwanga mzuri kuhusu mikakati ya kijeshi ya wamarekani barani Africa. Nimeinukuu kwa ufupi na kama unapendelea kuisoma yote basi elekea military.com

US Quietly Assumes Military Posture in Africa

October 28, 2011
Associated Press|by Jason Straziuso

NAIROBI, Kenya -- While putting few U.S. troops at risk, the United States is playing a growing role in Africa's military battles, using special forces advisers, drones and tens of millions of dollars in military aid to combat a growing and multifaceted security threat.

Once again, the focus is Somalia, the lawless nation that was the site of America's last large-scale military intervention in Africa in the early 1990s. By the time U.S. forces departed, 44 Soldiers, Airmen and Marines had been killed and dozens more wounded.

This time the United States is playing a less visible role, providing intelligence and training to fight militants across the continent, from Mauritania in the west along the Atlantic coast, to Somalia in the east along the Indian Ocean.

The renewed focus on Africa follows a series of recent and dramatic attacks.

In August, a hard-line Islamist group in Nigeria known as Boko Haram bombed the U.N. headquarters in the capital, Abuja, killing 24 people. A year earlier, militants from the Somali group al-Shabab unleashed twin bombings in Kampala, Uganda, that killed 76. And a Nigerian man tried to blow up an airliner over Detroit on Christmas Day 2009 during a flight that originated from Lagos, Nigeria.

Most worrisome to the United States is al-Shabab, an al-Qaida-linked group in Somalia that has recruited dozens of Americans, most of Somali descent.

"If you ask me what keeps me awake at night, it is the thought of an American passport-holding person who transits through a training camp in Somalia and gets some skill and then finds their way back into the United States to attack Americans," Gen. Carter Ham, the commander of the U.S. Africa Command, said in Washington this month. "That's mission failure for us."

U.S. and European officials also worry that AQIM -- an al-Qaida group that operates in the west and north of Africa -- is working to establish links with Boko Haram and al-Shabab, the Somali insurgent group.

"I think the security threats emanating from Africa are being taken more seriously than they have been before, and they're more real," said Jennifer Cooke, the director of the Africa program at the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies.

The U.S. is conducting counterterrorism training and equipping militaries in countries including Algeria, Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Tunisia to "preclude terrorists from establishing sanctuaries," according to the U.S. Africa Command.

Full article at military.com

As long there are groups like Harak Al Shabab Mujaheedin, we will see the USA in Africa. God bless America.

As long there are groups like Harak Al Shabab Mujaheedin, we will see the USA in Africa. God bless America.

It has nothing to do with Al Shabaab. It has to do with AFRICOM, Chase away China and India, control, grab resoucses, recolonise Africa or better say enslave Africans as they are used to it., kill them, starve them and control them. so they fall in line with US-Western countries interests.
You may swallow US-West MSMpropaganda but you will know the game sooner or later.

Welcome to war and terror aka war on terror. to defeat al qaeda and affiliates.

Huwa wanajialika, hawahitaji mwaliko wala kibali.
Na wanapoingia hawatoki mpaka wanafanikisha malengo yao.

Kama waafrika tumeshindwa kumaliza matatizo yetu wenyewe mfano mzuri Somalia unategemea nini? Tuache kulialia,visingizio na unafiki. Matatizo yetu mengi yanayoendelea Afrika ni udhaifu wetu wenyewe.

It has nothing to do with Al Shabaab. It has to do with AFRICOM, Chase away China and India, control, grab resoucses, recolonise Africa or better say enslave Africans as they are used to it., kill them, starve them and control them. so they fall in line with US-Western countries interests.
You may swallow US-West MSMpropaganda but you will know the game sooner or later.

MkuuNonda, I'd rather welcome the yankees than these greedy Chinese

Its seems you are out dated a little bit. When USA is using gun and roses to conquer, Chinise are using cheap labor and cheap commodities to conquer the world. You can't beat that. Even in the US, everything is made in China. There are more Chinise store than the consolidation of McDonalds, Bugger King and Subway. America now is a consumer, and the suppliers are Chinise.

Well, it has to do with those Islamist Mujaheedin, as long they are there, the USA will be there to smoke them rats. There is nothing good in Africa that will attract USA. Just tell me one. If there was, USA would have been in Africa years back.

Them Harakat Al Shabab will go down.

God bless America.

Its seems you are out dated a little bit. When USA is using gun and roses to conquer, Chinise are using cheap labor and cheap commodities to conquer the world. You can't beat that. Even in the US, everything is made in China. There are more Chinise store than the consolidation of McDonalds, Bugger King and Subway. America now is a consumer, and the suppliers are Chinise.

Well, it has to do with those Islamist Mujaheedin, as long they are there, the USA will be there to smoke them rats. There is nothing good in Africa that will attract USA. Just tell me one. If there was, USA would have been in Africa years back.

Them Harakat Al Shabab will go down.

God bless America.

I think you miss the picture of the declining superpower and the efforts to revive its economy by any means necessary!!!!!

Guys, what is it in Africa do you think can attract America? Africans doesn't even love themselves. Look at Al Shabab militia, invading Kenya, just to kill innocents people by using that Arabic name!!! I mean, when will Africa learn? Africa can't even feed itself. You should be happy when you get help from Obama.

I never see Arabs helping anybody, see what is happen in Yemen, just because these Yemenise are a little black, them arabs are avoiding them, they just don't care. Let America come to Africa and help you guys. Arabs colonized you guys; see where are you now?

I think you miss the picture of the declining superpower and the efforts to revive its economy by any means necessary!!!!!

What do Africa has which can change American economy? A small thing like electricity is still a taboo, eehn, JF, let us be serious here.

nani anawapa silahaa AL Shababu haooo kama siye jeshe letu kubwa lanakabajeti kadogo kasilaa sasa hiyo ya al shababu sii itakuwa zaidi ya yetu. Sasa wananunua wapi hizo silaa kwa jumla jumla.........

viongozi wa nchi zote za kiafrika nchi zimewashinda. Karibuni sana America huku Africa kwani baada ya miaka 50 ya uhuru hakuna kitu zaidi ya rushwa, umaskini, ufisadi na maradhi. Karibuni sana.
God bless America

I always appreciate usa for their suportive nature, we use alot of chinese inquality products with no any human support from them, for a long period joseph cony in uganda killing our sisters and brothers no any arabic nation or china say anything right now usa get in charge you start blaming usa. What left in africa continent valuable to repay their military expenses while we can't cure even known disease like malaria.

viongozi wa nchi zote za kiafrika nchi zimewashinda. Karibuni sana america huku africa kwani baada ya miaka 50 ya uhuru hakuna kitu zaidi ya rushwa, umaskini, ufisadi na maradhi. Karibuni sana.
God bless america
haujui hao hao usa ndo wamekuwa wakituandikia mikataba mibovo kupitia imf na world bank na kutulimbikizia madeni lukuki tokea tupate uhuru. Mimi ningekuwa na uwezo chakwanza ningetangaza kujitoa huku umoja wa mataifa uhuni mtupu huko siye memba tokea siku ya kwanza na mpaka leo kesho shilini yetu moja eti sawa na 1800 usd wapi na wapi kunaumoja hapo au unyOnyajiiii tuuu....

Kama waafrika tumeshindwa kumaliza matatizo yetu wenyewe mfano mzuri Somalia unategemea nini? Tuache kulialia,visingizio na unafiki. Matatizo yetu mengi yanayoendelea Afrika ni udhaifu wetu wenyewe.
group like al shabaab which pretend to promote tranquility,peace and the alike in words-but conduct terror in deeds must be ousted without mercy-they have terrorizing their people,they have to face the same fate,as they are "special"-they have to face "special" treatment
I f kenya didn't declare war on them,no africa nation could do it-
let usa and her allies come to support kenya militarily and financially considering no africa nation is supporting kenya financially/militarily

MkuuNonda, I'd rather welcome the yankees than these greedy Chinese
Does that mean the yankees are not greedy or you mean the Chinese are more greedy than the yankees?

so for that reason you prefer the lesser evil? Explain your statement, sir.

Back
Top Bottom