Wakuu nawaombeni Msaada wenu kuhusu Laptop ya Dell

Herbalist Dr MziziMkavu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 3, 2009
Habari zenu wote wakuu wa hii J.Forums kuna Rafiki yangu ana matatizo na Laptop yake ya Dell kuhusu swala la Ku Connect Wireless icon yake chini imekuwa Disable Radio na

nimejaribu kwenye hiyo Wireless ku Enable na kujaribu ku Uninstall and install again yaani kuitowa kwenye Laptop na kuingiza tena hiyo Dreva yake matokeo yake hiyo icon ya

Wireless bado ipo Disable Radio na hai connect Wireless na nilikwenda kwenye ( Help) ya hiyo Dell Wireless nikafuatilia maelezo yake kama nitakvyoandika hapo chini lakini matatizo ya Disable Radio

yakawa bado yapo palepale nawaombeni Ushauri wenu nifanye nini ili niweze kumsaidia rafiki yangu hiyo Wireless ya Dell iwe Enable Radio?

( The Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility icon in the notification area changed to
disconn.gif
, indicating that the radio is disabled, and I cannot enable it.)

Haya chini ndio Maelezo yake ya Hiyo Dell Wiress Help na huyo Rafiki yangu anatumia Dell Laptop OS. Windows Xp Pro Service Park 2.

Troubleshooting: Dell Wireless WLAN Card User Guide

bullet.gif
Troubleshooting Steps

bullet.gif
Getting Help

Troubleshooting Steps

Problem or Symptom Possible Solutions The Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility icon in the notification area changed to
disconn.gif
, indicating that the radio is disabled, and I cannot enable it. Did you connect to an Ethernet port? If you did, and the Disable Upon Wired Connect
property is set to Enabled, the radio is automatically disabled and cannot be reenabled. Either disconnect the Ethernet cable or set the Disable Upon Wired Connect property to Disabled. Also, check to see if the radio has been switched off on the computer. When I click the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility icon
nosignal.gif
in the notification area to open the Wireless Network Wizard, Windows Wireless Network Connection opens instead. The utility is not managing your wireless networks. Open the utility and select the Let this tool manage your wireless networks check box. To open the wizard, click Add on the Wireless Networks tab, and then click Use Wizard. When I click the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility icon
excelent.gif
in the notification area to open the Wireless Network Wizard, the utility opens instead. You are already connected to a wireless network. The wizard opens only if you are not already connected to a wireless network. To open the wizard, open the utility, click Add on the Wireless Networks tab, and then click Use Wizard (basic network). The Wireless Network Wizard cannot find the nonbroadcasting network. Either the nonbroadcasting network is not within range, or you typed the network name incorrectly. The network name is case-sensitive. If you are sure the AP is within range, check the spelling of the network name and try again. If you are sure you typed the network name correctly, move closer to the AP and try again. My wireless client computer cannot associate
with the access point
  • If your computer is connected to an Ethernet port, and the Disable Radio Upon Wired Connection
    property is set to Enabled, the radio is disabled, and you cannot associate with the access point. Disconnect the Ethernet cable.
  • Verify that the radio is enabled. Enable the radio by right-clicking the utility icon
    noradio.gif
    , and then clicking Enable Radio. If your Dell Wireless WLAN Card is a Mini-PCI or Mini Card type of wireless networking card, you can also switch on the radio by pressing FN+F2 or slide the ON/OFF switch, depending on the type of computer. The FN+F2 or slide switch functionality is not available for PC or ExpressCard type cards.
    note.gif
    NOTE: You cannot enable and disable the radio in this way if your computer is connected to an Ethernet port and the Disable Radio Upon Wired Connection

property is set to Enabled. Contact your network administrator for assistance.
  • Be sure that you follow all of the steps for connecting to a network (see "Connecting to a Basic Network Using Windows WZC
    ", "Connecting to a Basic Network Using the Wireless Network Wizard
    ," " Connecting to an Advanced Network Using the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility
    ," or "Connecting to an Advanced Network Using Windows WZC
    ").
  • Verify that your access point is functioning correctly and that the settings for your network connection profile exactly match the settings on your access point.
  • Move your computer closer to the access point.
  • Check to see if excess noise exists (see "Link Status
    " in "Using the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility"). If there is excess noise, change the channel on the access point to channel 1 and retest. If the problem persists, change the channel on the access point to channel 11 and retest. If the problem persists, change the channel on the access point to channel 6 and retest.
  • Run the diagnostic tests from the utility to see if there are any problems with the Dell Wireless WLAN Card or your wireless client computer (see "Diagnostics
    " in "Using the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility").
My radio seems to be permanently disabled. Check to see if the Disable Upon Wired Connect
property is enabled. If it is, the radio is disabled as long as you are connected to a wired network and the link is good. To enable the radio, either disconnect the network cable, or disable the Disable Upon Wired Connect property. I am unable to find any available ad hoc networks
to connect to, and I am unable to create an ad hoc network.
  1. The IBSS Allowed
    property may be set to Disabled. Change the setting to Enabled.
  2. The Networks to access option may be set to Access point (infrastructure) networks only. If so, change the setting to either Any available network (access point preferred) or Computer-to-computer (ad hoc) networks only. See "Wireless Networks Tab
    " in "Using the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility."
There are no ad hoc networks in the list of available networks. The capability to find or create ad hoc networks may be disabled. See IBSS Allowed
. The Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility icon
sysicon.gif
is not in the notification area. Open the utility and select the Show utility icon check box on the Wireless Networks tab. Occasionally, I am disconnected from my wireless network.
My wireless connection is slower than expected.
The name of my wireless network is not in the list of Available network connections.
  • Verify that your access point is functioning correctly.
  • Check the SSID (network name) of the wireless network and verify that the access point is set to broadcast the SSID.
  • Check to see if excess noise exists (see "Link Status
    " in "Using the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility"). If there is excess noise, change the channel on the access point to channel 1 and retest. If the problem persists, change the channel on the access point to channel 11 and retest. If the problem persists, change the channel on the access point to channel 6 and retest.
  • Move your computer closer to the access point.
  • If your wireless network is nonbroadcasting, the network name is not listed until after you create a network profile for the network.
The computers seem to be communicating, but they do not appear in the My Computer window or in the My Network Places window. Verify that File and Printer Sharing is enabled on all the computers on your network.
Open Network Connections in Control Panel. Right-click Wireless Network Connection, and then click Properties. On the General tab, in the This connection uses the following items list, verify that the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks check box is selected. If this item is not present, click Install. In the Select Network Component Type box, select Service, and then click Add. In the Select Network Service box, select File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and then click OK. Data transfer is sometimes very slow. Microwave ovens and some cordless phones operate at the same radio frequency as the Dell Wireless WLAN Card. When the microwave oven or cordless phone is in use, it interferes with the wireless network. It is recommended that you keep computers having the Dell Wireless WLAN Card at least 20 feet away from your microwave oven and any cordless telephone that operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz.
Data transfer is always very slow. Some homes and most offices are steel-framed structures. The steel in such buildings may interfere with your network radio signals, thus causing a slowdown in the data transmission rate. Try moving your computers to different locations in the building to see if performance improves.
The computers are not communicating with the network.
The signal strength of my wireless network connection is marginal or weak. Move your computer closer to the access point.
Microwave ovens and some cordless phones operate at the same radio frequency as the Dell Wireless WLAN Card. When the microwave oven or cordless phone is in use, it interferes with the wireless network. It is recommended that you keep computers having the Dell Wireless WLAN Card at least 20 feet away from your microwave oven and any cordless telephone that operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz.
My wireless network connection is not receiving a signal on a previously-working network.
  • The computer is trying to establish an initial connection but has not yet succeeded. Wait.
  • You may have moved out of range of the access point
    . Move closer to the access point.
I imported a preferred network connections file and now I cannot connect to the network. If the connection profile you are attempting to use is for a certificate-based network, you must select the certificate before you can connect to the network. See Importing a Preferred Network Connection Profiles File
. After I imported a preferred network connection profiles file that I had previously saved, I found that some of the profiles were missing from the list. The missing profiles were probably locked. You must have system or administrator rights to be able to export locked preferred network connection profiles. If you do not have such rights, only the unlocked profiles are saved. I tried to lock a preferred network connection but was unable to do so. You must have system or administrator rights to be able to lock a preferred network connection. I tried to alter a locked preferred network connection but was unable to do so. You must have system or administrator rights to be able to alter a locked preferred network connection. Although I selected the Authenticate prior to Windows logon check box when I configured my network, the authentication process failed at startup. If your network is certificate-based, the certificate must be stored in the proper location for the certificate to be found at startup. Check with your network administrator to verify that it is appropriate to select the Authenticate prior to Windows logon check box, and if so, that the certificate was selected from the machine store
and not the user store
. I am unable to connect to a network that uses a certificate.
  • The certificate may be invalid. To obtain a new certificate, see Obtaining Certificates
  • If the network uses a TPM certificate, TPM
    must be enabled for you to connect. Refer to the TPM documentation that came with your computer for information about enabling TPM.
Even after I insert my smart card, I am still prompted to insert the smart card. The smart card reader is unable to read the smart card. Contact your network administrator for assistance. The drivers for the smart card reader and the appropriate third-party smart card software must be installed on your computer. I was unable to perform a single sign on with my smart card inserted You may have entered the wrong identity or PIN, your smart card may be blocked due to too many incorrect PIN entries, or your smart card has not been properly configured. If the problem is not associated with an incorrect identity or PIN entry, then contact your system administrator to ensure that your smart card is configured properly. Getting Help

Technical support is available online from Dell at Welcome to Dell Support

Also, the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system contains built-in troubleshooting tools. To access these troubleshooters, do the following:
  1. Click Start.
  2. Click Help and Support.
  3. In the list on the left, click Networking, Home and Small Office Networking, or Fixing networking or Web problems.
  4. Click the troubleshooter or Help topic that best describes the problem you are experiencing, the task you want to perform, or the information you are seeking.
Nawaombeni Watalaam Msaada Wenu asanteni Wakuu Ma Xpert wangu.

Back
Top Bottom