Wafanyakazi wa Mv. Magogoni na Mv. Kigamboni

Kadudu

Mar 22, 2008
Nakerwa sana na wafanyakazi wa vivuko hivi kwa kutumia lugha ya kiswahili vibaya.
Ni kawaida pantoni inapofika upande wa upili usikie matangazo ya kufika na yanayotoa tahadhari kwa abiria.
Maneno yanayochefua ni,
1.abilia akimaanisha abiria
2.balabala=barabara
3.tunashukulu=tunashukuru
4magali=magari

This is certainly a concern. A linguistic one to be precise.

But, for a moment, judging from the heading, I thought we had another Nyang'anyigate, those old "Mfanyakazi" heads James Nhende and Stan Katabalo (R.I.P) regulars (Not to mention Murtazzah Lakha and some un-Googlable kesi ya uhaini stuff - eighties babies need not apply -) followers would know what I'm talking about.

If this is all we can complain about their services, by Tanzanian standards, then they must be doing very good. I mean even the Staten Island ferry is plagued by more gross innuendos than the accent and improper pronounciation of it's announcers.

I remember many a time I took the ferry to Kigamboni (I must take it next time I come to Dar, if only to take pics of the Dar Twin Towers), if only to roam the then largely unexplored part of Dar so close to City Center and Ikulu, yet so far. I even had a prematuredly schmoozed serenade with some lass from the army houses out there.

Or that time Bonny Love rocked at Mikadi Beach, when Clouds was up there in the Clouds, if not the ozone layer Buju Banton was blasting "Talk like a Champion, talk like a champion, what a piece of body girl ell me where did you get it from. Knock on your entrance, rom pom pom pom pom, girl let me in....."

Or that time I rented a cottage by the seaside around Mikadi, only to be aroused in the middle of the night by my foreign correspondent, screaming at the top of her lungs that somehow a scorpion of some sorts had gotten through the mosquito net and onto her belly. And I had to ensure her that this is Africa "Hakuna Matata" and even the scorpions are hospital on account of her foreign Christian Diour perfume (it was the thing back then).

Or those times we went by Jumbe's crib to interview him, only forthe connect to lose heart at the elevnth hour.

All these experiences and many more unprintable wouldn't havebeen possible if not for the tireless services of the all too ordinary, all to human, all too "wakuja", all too Sikonge and Katavi and Malampaka and Mbozi and Utete and Rakazoni and Oysterbay of these great Tanzanians. Not to say that these operators are flawless, but I am sure the good people of Dar would join me in this accolade.

By te way, a said before, even the Staten Island ferry is bound to have some redneck accents. After all, redneck is as American as they come just as replacing "ra" with "la" is as Nyamwezi and Tanzania as they come or replacing "la" with "ra" is as Kurya and Tanzanian as they come.

So people, unless your concern is proportionate to the degree of gross improrpiety prevalent in Tanzania, I am not asking you not to post your grievances and peek peeves, but do post them in perspective, and that includes th heading of the thread.

For a moment I thought we had another Nyang'anyigate, those old "Mfanyakazi" heads James Nhende regulars would know what I'm takking about.

How relieved I am that that is not the case!

Just some wakuj accent!

this is certainly a concern. A linguistic one to be precise.

But, for a moment, judging from the heading, i thought we had another nyang'anyigate, those old "mfanyakazi" heads james nhende and stan katabalo (r.i.p) regulars (not to mention murtazzah lakha and some un-googlable kesi ya uhaini stuff - eighties babies need not apply -) followers would know what i'm talking about.

If this is all we can complain about their services, by tanzanian standards, then they must be doing very good. I mean even the staten island ferry is plagued by more gross innuendos than the accent and improper pronounciation of it's announcers.

I remember many a time i took the ferry to kigamboni (i must take it next time i come to dar, if only to take pics of the dar twin towers), if only to roam the then largely unexplored part of dar so close to city center and ikulu, yet so far. I even had a prematuredly schmoozed serenade with some lass from the army houses.

Or that time bonny love rocked at mikadi beach, when buju banton was blasting "talk like a champion, talk like a champion, what a piece of body girl ell me where did you get it from. Knock on your entrance, rom pom pom pom pom, girl let me in....."

or that time i rented a cottage by the seaside around mikadi, only to be woken up in the middle of the night by my foreign correspondent, screaming at the top of her lungs that somehow a scorpion of some sorts had gotten through the mosquito net and onto her belly. And i had to ensure her that this is africa "hakuna matata" and even the scorpions are hospital on account ofher foreign christian diour perfume (it was the thing back then).

Or those times we went by jumbe's crib to interview him, only forthe connect to lose heart at the elevnth hour.

All these experiences and many more unprintable wouldn't havebeen possible if not for the tireless services of the all too ordinary, all to human, all too "wakuja", all too sikonge and katavi and malampaka and mbozi and utete of these great tanzanians. Not to say that these operators are flawless, but i am sure the good people of dar would join me in this accolade.

By te way, a said before, even the staten island ferry is bound to have some redneck accents. After all, redneck is as american as they come just as replacing "ra" with "la" is as nyamwezi and tanzania as they come or replacing "la" with "ra" is as kurya and anzanian as they come.

So people, unless your concern is proportionate to the degree of gross improrpiety prevalent in tanzania, i am not asking you not to post your grievances and peek peeves, but do post them in perspective, and that includes th heading of the thread.

For a moment i thought we had another nyang'anyigate, those old "mfanyakazi" heads james nhende regulars would know what i'm takking about.

you have taken it too personal,
it is nothing personal,i was trying to be funny,
take it as a joke,

you have taken it too personal,
it is nothing personal,i was trying to be funny,
take it as a joke,

Nothing is too personal, and nothing is too funny.

If you are going to talk abot the "wakujaness" of the ferry's operators, at least put itb in perspective.

The heading suggests a more grave concern than the one apparent.

I would appreciate the option to skip this thread by some hint in the heading.Unfortunately, one was not given.

Nakerwa sana na wafanyakazi wa vivuko hivi kwa kutumia lugha ya kiswahili vibaya.
Ni kawaida pantoni inapofika upande wa upili usikie matangazo ya kufika na yanayotoa tahadhari kwa abiria.
Maneno yanayochefua ni,
1.abilia akimaanisha abiria
2.balabala=barabara
3.tunashukulu=tunashukuru
4magali=magari
kawaida tu, nenda pwani usikie kiswahiki chao! nala = nakula, naja = nakuja, kwahiyo ni ngoma droo...

kawaida tu, nenda pwani usikie kiswahiki chao! nala = nakula, naja = nakuja, kwahiyo ni ngoma droo...

Kwa wanaojua Kiswahili kusema nala = nakula, naja = nakuja hapana kosa.

Katika Kiswahili, kama lugha nyingine kubwa, kuna lahaja nyingi, kuna kimvita, kimrima, kiunguja etc.Hiyo lahaja ya nala = nakula, naja = nakuja ni lahaja ya Kiunguja abayo wanaojua Kiswahili wenyewe wanasema ndiko Kiswahili kilipotokea.

Kwa hiyo si sahihi kulinganisha makosa ya kutamka "la" badala ya "ra" au "ra" badala ya "la" yanayofanywa na ndugu zetu Wakurya na Wanyamwezi kwa mfano, na Kiswahili fasihi kinachotumiwa nawatu wanaotumia lahaja ya Unguja ( nala = nakula, naja = nakuja ).

Tena yule dada hata leo (08dec,2009) asubuhi alikua duty katika MV MAGOGONI,,ANANIUDHI SANA MIMI,,,wala sidhani kama haelewi lugha,,ni MHARABIFU tu wa lugha,,,natamani siku moja ningempandia kule kule juu kwenye cabin, nimuelekeza kiswahili fasaha,, I wish TEMESA wangemueweka mlangoni kupoke receipt za wasukuma mikokoteni,,pale haihitajiki lugha...

Back
Top Bottom