Vodacom, jamaani Vodacom

Wadau tuache kuililia sana Voda...as if bei ya Roaming hatuijui..siku zote roaming charges bei zipo Juu.

Kuna wakati baadhi yetu hatujui taratibu za bei zilivyo...Huyu mdau anataka afananishe bei ya Hoteli DSM na Bei ya Hoteli US...!!!

Yaani wewe mfanyabiashara..una lia na elf2,500?..Umeenda fanya nini US basi?

So far sio Adhabu kupiga simu from one mtandao to another with additional price...km price ingekuwa FLAT, hakuna mteja wa Voda angehamia mtandao mwingine.au vice versa.

Yaani wewe mfanyabiashara..una lia na elf2,500?..Umeenda fanya nini US basi?

Chuma,

Mleta mada nathani alikuwa anaangalia muda against pesa. Soma vizuri post yake utalielewa hilo. Pia sidhani kama kuwa mfanyabiashara au kuishi USA kunamfanya mtu awe mtapanya pesa! Usipokuwa mwanagalifu kwa kidogo kikubwa hukiwezi. Ujue milioni ni mkusanyiko wa 2,500 nyingi na ikipungua moja sio milioni tena.

WANA JF SOMENI HII HAPA KUHUSU GHARAMA ZA VODA KULINGANISHA NA WENGINE
VODA CUSTOMERS
This is a fact, you may verify yourself. Written by Voda customer who is tied of voda

Calling Voda to Voda is Tshs 360 per minute. Calling from Voda to other networks in the country is Tshs 560 per minute. Voda SMS to all networks is Tshs 60 per sms.

Ok,
Calling Tigo to Tigo Tshs 300 per minute. Calling from Tigo to other networks in the country is Tshs 360 per minute. Tigo sms to all networks is Tshs 45 per sms.

Calling Zantel to Zantel is Tshs 250 per minute. Calling from Zantel to other networks in the country is Tshs 275 per minute.

Just by looking above assuming calling/usage time is constant, Tigo customers would spend more than 40% or 50% (depending on other packages listed below) less compared to Voda customer whereas Zantel customer would spend less than 55% compared to voda customer.
Assume Voda customer use 100,000 per month, then Tigo would use less than Tshs 60,000 whereas Zantel customer would use just some shs above 40,000.

For a voda customer spending Tshs 50,000 per month, Tigo customer would spend a range of Tshs 20,000 to 30,000 per month, whereas Zantel customer could spend even less.

Other packages!
  • Tigo has extreme call package whereby you subscribe Tshs 1500 and you call all Tigo number from 6.00am to 6.00 pm. Comparatively Voda has the same service called Chizika but you NEVER be able to subscribe whenever you want-if you think I am joking try *147# and dial (which is a way to subscribe to free unlimited call for 12hrs from 6.00am) to see if you will get through. Definitely you will be told to try again tomorrow! You will be very lucky if you get through. Friends have been saying for every 1000 people one gets through! Anyway Vodacom does not want you to know this service because they have not even advertised it. Have you heard or seen chizika advert anywhere if it is not only one found along Ali Hassan Mwinyi road in Dar es Salaam?
For your information with Zantel you can call zantel customers for 24hrs with only Tshs1500. only that zantel customers are not as many.

• Tigo has sms extreme package whereby you subscribe Tshs 500 and send sms to ALL networks for 12hrs from 6.00am. Voda despite of charging Tshs 15 more on every sms, it does not give any releaf package in this area. Zain (not Zantel) has the same package by subscribing Tshs 400. It is not my intention to bring in Zain now since its calling cost is almost like voda’s

• With Tigo you can call for one shilling from 6.00pm to 5.59am to tigo to tigo. So from extreme call you enjoy during the day, in the evening you have another relief. Huree! Voda has almost the same relief but this one starts at 10.00pm to 5.59am. Despite of that “dead night time” you have to try yourself to see if you can get through a call. It is not easy even you have an emergency!

• With Tigo you can call tigo subscribers for one shilling from Friday 6.00 to Monday 5.59am! By that Time, voda customers are calling voda subscribers for normal rate Tshs 360 and non voda subscribers for Tshs 560! ALAS VODA!

• Even with Zain (Celtel), one is far better off compared to voda!

Some rumors created which make people not to shift.
1. Voda has very extensive network and is reliable! Fact check: If you are based in Dar or another city and you call most networks with certainty from Tigo, Zantel or Zain then the above rumor is cheating people! If voda was reliable it could be reliable when you subscribe to chizika and when you make even emergency call from 10.00pm.
2. Remember, you don’t travel so much in the interior parts of the country. If you are sure of been where you are for 11months of the year without going to interior parts of the country, then you don’t need voda. You can reach interior people with whatever network they may be through Zantel, Tigo or even Zain with much cheaper rates.

Advise:
1. We don’t have to fool. We are incurring much much much higher cost by been voda subscriber compared to Tigo, Zantel and somewhat Zain friends! I don’t think if there will be any person on earth except fool who will be happy and comfortable to pay higher rate for less! This is what voda customers we are getting!
2. Corporate customers who pay for their employees airtime could save up to 40% or 50% if encourage their employees to shift to cheaper networks. Company may leave airtime rates (they give to employees) at where they are and they are will minimize to a great deal number of complaints on air time increases by employees. If you are giving your employee an airtime of Tshs 50,000 in Voda and he/she complains, with Tigo, Zantel or even Zain (somewhat) complaints will be very very minimal!

Mitandao mingi yapo, mbona mng'ang'anie voda? No free luncheon! Starehe gharama! Kwanini usitumie mtandao wa nchi uliopo kupiga nyumbani? Ukiwa nje ukipiga simu inakula kama 2500 kwa dakika lakini ukiwa TZ inakula TZS350+VAT, sasa kitu gani hapa hujui. Inayokata hiyo hela ni mtando wa huko kutokana na tarriff zilizpwekwa, hivyo wala siyo Voda.
Kama Voda ni mbaya hebu tutumie Tigo, Zain, Zantel, etc. tuone nao wakoje! Yawezekana ukajikuta Voda is much cheaper when you go into vaule for money.

VODA CUSTOMERS

This is a fact, you may verify yourself. Written by Voda customer who is tied of voda

Calling Voda to Voda is Tshs 360 per minute. Calling from Voda to other networks in the country is Tshs 560 per minute. Voda SMS to all networks is Tshs 60 per sms.

Ok,
Calling Tigo to Tigo Tshs 300 per minute. Calling from Tigo to other networks in the country is Tshs 360 per minute. Tigo sms to all networks is Tshs 45 per sms.

Calling Zantel to Zantel is Tshs 250 per minute. Calling from Zantel to other networks in the country is Tshs 275 per minute.

Just by looking above assuming calling/usage time is constant, Tigo customers would spend more than 40% or 50% (depending on other packages listed below) less compared to Voda customer whereas Zantel customer would spend less than 55% compared to voda customer.
Assume Voda customer use 100,000 per month, then Tigo would use less than Tshs 60,000 whereas Zantel customer would use just some shs above 40,000.

For a voda customer spending Tshs 50,000 per month, Tigo customer would spend a range of Tshs 20,000 to 30,000 per month, whereas Zantel customer could spend even less.

Other packages!
  • Tigo has extreme call package whereby you subscribe Tshs 1500 and you call all Tigo number from 6.00am to 6.00 pm. Comparatively Voda has the same service called Chizika but you NEVER be able to subscribe whenever you want-if you think I am joking try *147# and dial (which is a way to subscribe to free unlimited call for 12hrs from 6.00am) to see if you will get through. Definitely you will be told to try again tomorrow! You will be very lucky if you get through. Friends have been saying for every 1000 people one gets through! Anyway Vodacom does not want you to know this service because they have not even advertised it. Have you heard or seen chizika advert anywhere if it is not only one found along Ali Hassan Mwinyi road in Dar es Salaam?
For your information with Zantel you can call zantel customers for 24hrs with only Tshs1500. only that zantel customers are not as many.

• Tigo has sms extreme package whereby you subscribe Tshs 500 and send sms to ALL networks for 12hrs from 6.00am. Voda despite of charging Tshs 15 more on every sms, it does not give any releaf package in this area. Zain (not Zantel) has the same package by subscribing Tshs 400. It is not my intention to bring in Zain now since its calling cost is almost like voda's
  • With Tigo you can call for one shilling from 6.00pm to 5.59am to tigo to tigo. So from extreme call you enjoy during the day, in the evening you have another relief. Huree! Voda has almost the same relief but this one starts at 10.00pm to 5.59am. Despite of that "dead night time" you have to try yourself to see if you can get through a call. It is not easy even you have an emergency!
  • With Tigo you can call tigo subscribers for one shilling from Friday 6.00 to Monday 5.59am! By that Time, voda customers are calling voda subscribers for normal rate Tshs 360 and non voda subscribers for Tshs 560! ALAS VODA!
1. Voda has very extensive network and is reliable! Fact check: If you are based in Dar or another city and you call most networks with certainty from Tigo, Zantel or Zain then the above rumor is cheating people! If voda was reliable it could be reliable when you subscribe to chizika and when you make even emergency call from 10.00pm.
2. Remember, you don't travel so much in the interior parts of the country. If you are sure of been where you are for 11months of the year without going to interior parts of the country, then you don't need voda. You can reach interior people with whatever network they may be through Zantel, Tigo or even Zain with much cheaper rates.

Advise:
1. We don't have to fool. We are incurring much much much higher cost by been voda subscriber compared to Tigo, Zantel and somewhat Zain friends! I don't think if there will be any person on earth except fool who will be happy and comfortable to pay higher rate for less! This is what voda customers we are getting!
2. Corporate customers who pay for their employees airtime could save up to 40% or 50% if encourage their employees to shift to cheaper networks. Company may leave airtime rates (they give to employees) at where they are and they are will minimize to a great deal number of complaints on air time increases by employees. If you are giving your employee an airtime of Tshs 50,000 in Voda and he/she complains, with Tigo, Zantel or even Zain (somewhat) complaints will be very very minimal!

Hii habari ya lini?Mbona bei za zamani hizo? tupe facts za sasa....mfano tigo extreme ni Tshs 1900 and mini extreme tshs 250....na bei nyingine nyingi za uongo hapo...

VODA CUSTOMERS

Ok,

Other packages!

• Tigo has sms extreme package whereby you subscribe Tshs 500 and send sms to ALL networks for 12hrs from 6.00am. Voda despite of charging Tshs 15 more on every sms, it does not give any releaf package in this area. Zain (not Zantel) has the same package by subscribing Tshs 400. It is not my intention to bring in Zain now since its calling cost is almost like voda’s

• With Tigo you can call for one shilling from 6.00pm to 5.59am to tigo to tigo. So from extreme call you enjoy during the day, in the evening you have another relief. Huree! Voda has almost the same relief but this one starts at 10.00pm to 5.59am. Despite of that “dead night time” you have to try yourself to see if you can get through a call. It is not easy even you have an emergency!

2. Remember, you don’t travel so much in the interior parts of the country. If you are sure of been where you are for 11months of the year without going to interior parts of the country, then you don’t need voda. You can reach interior people with whatever network they may be through Zantel, Tigo or even Zain with much cheaper rates.

Advise:
1. We don’t have to fool. We are incurring much much much higher cost by been voda subscriber compared to Tigo, Zantel and somewhat Zain friends! I don’t think if there will be any person on earth except fool who will be happy and comfortable to pay higher rate for less! This is what voda customers we are getting!

Huyu nafikiri ni mpinzani tu wa Voda.Kaandika uongo mwingi tu hapa. Natumia Voda since the year 2000 and I am comfortable.

Mwaka 2009 niliwahi kuandika:
Vodacom Market “Leadership” claim is a misnomer

VodaCom: “The leading network in Tanzania” (VodaCom Mtandao Unaoogoza Tanzania) reads the marketing motto of one of the most agile mobile phone companies in Tanzania. The chest thumping slogan ostensibly speaks volumes about VodaCom as a corporate citizen and a service provider in this country but in a nutshell it simply implies that VodaCom is a “leading” communications network in the country and other players like Zain, Tigo, Zantel and the Johny-come-lately TTCL are only playing second fiddle at best. This begs a question. Is VodaCom a leading network in Tanzania in a strict sense? In this perspective I will endeavor to explore the “leadership” aspect of VodaCom in one of the most fiercely competitive industries in Tanzania.

Let me declare from the outset that I am an ardent customer of VodaCom and what I going to say here may contain some bias for or against VodaCom. My discourse in this regard will, by and large, focus on the marketing dynamics of VodaCom Tanzania viz a viz its competitors.

VodaCom’s eye catching motto invokes an instant impression that it has biggest market share in terms of customer subscriptions and network coverage. I have no reason to doubt this statement of fact because it can easily be proved by simple statistics. In any case had it not been true, I believe VodaCom competitors would come out guns blazing to contest this as a fallacy. So in this context we can rate VodaCom highly on a leadership “scoreboard”.

However, market share dominance alone can sometimes be illusionary. For instance, I am not sure where to place VodaCom when it comes to market deepening. By deepening I mean how far and wide does the VodaCom network go in terms of reaching every place and corners in this country? Whereas you will find VodaCom communication services in almost all urban areas in Tanzania the converse is true for the remote places in this country. In the remote rural areas I get the impression that Zain reigns supreme. Deep in the villages you hardly find a person with any other network other than Zain because that is the only network that works there. Indeed if this is the case one may conclude that the reason why VodaCom takes the lead in terms of market share is because its customer base is generally concentrated in metropolitan centres where many people can afford to buy a phone as opposed to the remote rural areas where the disposable income is relatively lower. Nevertheless, in my view, in terms of market deepening Zain gets the compliments due to its ubiquitous network in the whole country.

As mobile phone consumers in Tanzania we have come a very long way. Gone are the days when service providers would take the customers for granted and charge exorbitant rates thanks to competition. I am of the strong view that the customer benefits that we see today are a result of the cut throat competition amongst the key players in the mobile communication industry. My take on this is that Tigo is leapfrogging the rest of the competitors as far as marketing improvisation is concerned. Tigo has the most innovative and consistent marketing strategy in the marketplace. From a seemingly underdog position two years ago, Tigo has grown into a formidable force to reckon with thanks largely to its Extreme marketing drive. I have witnessed so many people become Tigo converts never to ‘return’ to their original services providers. Alarmed by customer exodus Tigo competitors are not taking it lying down and are fighting tooth and nail to woo back old customers and create new ones as well. The Cheka and Pamoja (just to mention two) campaigns by VodaCom and Zain respectively are knee jerk reactions to forestall Tigo’s market onslaught.

I want to be candid here. I have qualms with VodaCom promotion campaigns. I always find its promotion stints a bit eclectic and very short lived. Examples abound. VodaCom’s Chirizika Promotion came and went at the blink of an eye or was “beeping-like”, if you wish! While the VodaCom SMS voucher product was getting popular by the day it was withdrawn from the market unceremoniously and left many voucher vendors licking their wounds. The Vodacom “Tuzo Points” scheme though very enticing is not running smoothly. For example, customers who redeemed their ten thousand points for mobile phone rewards had to frequent VodaShops for more than a month while being told “njoo kesho” ( come tomorrow) by customer service agents with no etiquette whatsoever, because the phones in question were out stock! I could not understand why a self acclaimed top notch marketing company like VodaCom could bite more that it can chew. VodaCom’s new “Cheka” promotion is in its infancy and is fraught with some teething problems.

Nevertheless, I have high regard for VodaCom for its M-Pesa product which has indeed revolutionalized the monetary movement system in the country. The VodaCom Foundation concept is a very brilliant idea and clearly shows how the company values its corporate responsibility. However, methinks, a big hand should go to Tigo in this regard for its resilient and consistent marketing strategy which is slowly but surely paying off and giving Tigo competitors a run for their money.

My last take on VodaCom “leadership” aspect today is its services availability within East Africa. VodaCom Tanzania has connectivity partnership agreements with MTN (Uganda) and Safaricom (Kenya) in Uganda and Kenya respectively. VodaCom customers traveling to Uganda and Kenya are able to access VodaCom services and the arrangement seems to be running smoothly except when it comes to loading airtime. However, Zain customers seem to get a better deal by a getting a seamless service around East Africa because Zain is well established in all three East African countries. My personal experience corroborates this. Whenever I travel to Uganda, I normally borrow a Zain Sim Card because I find it to be more user friendly than VodaCom’s. This is another area where I vote for the Zain network because it has a clear edge over the competition.

It is quite evident from the above scrutiny that the self proclaimed leadership by VodaCom Tanzania as the leading network in the country does not measure up to market leadership criteria as far as the mobile communication industry is concerned. Having said that, it is important to acknowledge the great role VodaCom has played so far in the development of the communication industry in the country and my downbeat observations should in no way be construed to be taking anything away from this great company. However, for VodaCom to simply claim market leadership on the basis of market share alone while under performing in other critical marketing areas is some kind of a misnomer. It is akin to blowing your own trumpet even before the start of the parade show!

Byase Luteke

Back
Top Bottom