Vodacom and Other Cell phone companies cash prize games

Eruukada

Aug 22, 2016
Just out of Curiosity or rather a discussion

I have been wondering if these games Vodacom are throwing to customers every now and then are real or just another way of milking cash out of poor Tanzanian citizens who are wishing to make a lump sum.

Do government authorities regulate these games?, Do they know how much are cell phone companies make out of these games and how much they dish out to customers in total, if at all as comparison to the profit they make , do they collect tax out of it like National Lottery.

I doubted it!! And I know you have been wondering too, but I will definitely dig deeper for the truth.

Let me talk a bit about something many of you already know and we always question it in our daily chilling time or hearing people asking the reality of these games. As for sure it is not very transparent; neither to the government nor to the customers.

An oligopoly is a market dominated not by one, but by a small number of companies. Because the number of companies is so small serious price competition doesn’t happen very much. Instead oligopolists tend to do sneaky things like charging you small amount of cash as an entrance fee or every time you play cash prize games and many other techniques which I will bring to your attention next time.

For example: Vodacom promotional game Kamata Mpunga,

All you need to do is answer a number of questions correctly to be in a draw and increase your chance of claiming your ‘prize’. If there’s any!!

To encourage you to play they make the questions very easy and the company makes a lot of money by charging extremely high rates for the messages you send for instance 200/TSh per sms.

Vodacom has around 6 million subscribers across the country; let us assume a lowest number possible playing the game per day is 100,000 people out of 6 million, which is 1.6% of Vodacom customers.

Do the Math: 100,000 x 200/TSh = 20,000,000/TSh per day

20,000,000 x 30 days = 600,000,000/TSh per month

This is a serious amount of money one can make out of poor Tanzanian citizens, and guess what! The game is on for three to four months or so.

The funny thing is that this Mega companies are already making a lot of profit from extremely high rate sms, data and voice tariffs but they don’t have any sympathy on milking cash out of poor me and you by deceiving us wit these kind of tricks and unsurprising the government is quiet. Until we have regulators who are committed to working for the public we will always going to be on the losing side

Remember: “HEADS THEY WIN, TAILS WE LOSE”

to be continue........

Just out of Curiosity or rather a discussion

I have been wondering if these games Vodacom are throwing to customers every now and then are real or just another way of milking cash out of poor Tanzanian citizens who are wishing to make a lump sum.

Do government authorities regulate these games?, Do they know how much are cell phone companies make out of these games and how much they dish out to customers in total, if at all as comparison to the profit they make , do they collect tax out of it like National Lottery.

I doubted it!! And I know you have been wondering too, but I will definitely dig deeper for the truth.

Let me talk a bit about something many of you already know and we always question it in our daily chilling time or hearing people asking the reality of these games. As for sure it is not very transparent; neither to the government nor to the customers.

An oligopoly is a market dominated not by one, but by a small number of companies. Because the number of companies is so small serious price competition doesn’t happen very much. Instead oligopolists tend to do sneaky things like charging you small amount of cash as an entrance fee or every time you play cash prize games and many other techniques which I will bring to your attention next time.

For example: Vodacom promotional game Kamata Mpunga,

All you need to do is answer a number of questions correctly to be in a draw and increase your chance of claiming your ‘prize’. If there’s any!!

To encourage you to play they make the questions very easy and the company makes a lot of money by charging extremely high rates for the messages you send for instance 200/TSh per sms.

Vodacom has around 6 million subscribers across the country; let us assume a lowest number possible playing the game per day is 100,000 people out of 6 million, which is 1.6% of Vodacom customers.

Do the Math: 100,000 x 200/TSh = 20,000,000/TSh per day

20,000,000 x 30 days = 600,000,000/TSh per month

This is a serious amount of money one can make out of poor Tanzanian citizens, and guess what! The game is on for three to four months or so.

The funny thing is that this Mega companies are already making a lot of profit from extremely high rate sms, data and voice tariffs but they don’t have any sympathy on milking cash out of poor me and you by deceiving us wit these kind of tricks and unsurprising the government is quiet. Until we have regulators who are committed to working for the public we will always going to be on the losing side

Remember: “HEADS THEY WIN, TAILS WE LOSE”

to be continue........

Duuu. This is good businesss.
for them yeah tz good bussiness....but to customers it is not good,,,mostly who played such games is citizens who have low incomes. and they do play because they believe at the end they will be winners...imagine a person have income of 8000 per day and involved on such games ,and have family...lets say from 8000 take 2000 for such games . will remain 6000/= .see how much he/she can save? n how much for the family(domestic use)..? A government should not rest on this....

The authorities are waiting for Dr.Magufuli to give orders,
Shame,
This is one, do u have any idea of how much profit they make out of poor tzs through mobile data ??

Considering vodacom and Tigo,, the minimum data you can subscribe in 24hrs is 120mb sold 500tsh, and this amount of data u won't dare even to open a browser as they will be perished without noticing.

No wonder Tz might be the top world's country on cell phone expenses.
For sure tigo and vodacom are killing us madly
and the authorities are sitting there enjoying free office WiFi waiting to charge poor stressed guys with criticising one cxm dude on Facebook. Upuuzi hui!

Aisee your so bright Hays majama yanaibia sana sisi ,yaani hebu chukua msukuma mchunga ng'ombe yuko mashambani anauziwa vouchers Na Mb ndani halafu ndani ya SAA 24 INA expire Na ni in used kwakuwa hana sumu ya kumuwezesha kutumia internet Na mama yangu Na .... Huu wizi Hui unanikumbusha sumu zilipoingiaga tulivyokuwa tunaibiwa aisee

Back
Top Bottom