United States of Africa!!

BIG DREAM!!
With all the strife and differences in AFRICA, this is at best a Dream
Tribalism, Religious discrimination, Gender disparity, Poverty, Xenophobia just to name a few obstacles to the U. S. of Africa.

We talk of free movement and doing business among ourselves without impediments, that's fine but first we must put infrastructures in place to support these schemes so that it is not just rhetoric.

Would a United States of Africa work?

Do you think African leaders should agree to speed up the economic and political integration of their continent to pursue the goal of a United States of Africa?

'Pop star and activist Bono Vox in 2008 while in Japan has called for the creation of a United States of Africa, saying that a "pan-continental identity would serve as a catalyst for resolving its conflicts".'

Is this the time for U S of Africa?

A United States of Africa can prevent an African apocalypse on the horizon if unification does not happen NOW!

In a United States of Africa, a citizen could freely travel anywhere on the continent to seek education, opportunity, commerce or the simple pleasure of tourist travel within their vast country.

A common African currency much like the EU model affords the ability to buy and sell throughout the continent with a reliable backed currency.

cant even maintain the United Republic of Tanzania (Zanzibars and Tanganyikans want to be apart) how can we maintain the United African.., even nigerians cant stand to live peacefully together.... (human beings are greedy by nature) they cant live in unity

A United States of Africa can prevent an African apocalypse on the horizon if unification does not happen NOW!

In a United States of Africa, a citizen could freely travel anywhere on the continent to seek education, opportunity, commerce or the simple pleasure of tourist travel within their vast country.

A common African currency much like the EU model affords the ability to buy and sell throughout the continent with a reliable backed currency.

United States of Africa? The phrase sound good but the question is, do we really see ourselves as African regardless of our colonial boundaries, religions and regional groupings?

cant even maintain the United Republic of Tanzania (Zanzibars and Tanganyikans want to be apart) how can we maintain the United African.., even nigerians cant stand to live peacefully together.... (human beings are greedy by nature) they cant live in unity

Maybe the issue of divide and rule causes this?

halafu mwenyekigoda ndo anakuwa Vasco Dagama II aka Mawingu, mzee wa akili za mbayuwayu weeee mhu si mchezo

United Africa why not?

A United Sates of Africa is a dream that is attainable. I think that eastern Africa, together with South Africa will be the first to achieve this dream.
But what Africa needs now is the assurance from the big powers, like UK, France, USA and China that a united Africa is not a threat to their interests.

Maybe the issue of divide and rule causes this?
There are many things which separate us Africans.., Tribalism, Colonial Backgrounds (Countries colonized by the french and the british), Communication difficulties (not everyone speaks English or French) which means there is no one thing which unites all of us..

And this unity thing dont work in a large scale (just look at EU and all the problems)..., if there was a freedom of employment and movement we might have seen everyone migrating to green pastures (e.g. South Africa)..

Also there are some countries in North Africa they dont even see themselves as Africans

A United Sates of Africa is a dream that is attainable. I think that eastern Africa, together with South Africa will be the first to achieve this dream.
But what Africa needs now is the assurance from the big powers, like UK, France, USA and China that a united Africa is not a threat to their interests.

We are our own worse enemy even without interference from the outside world..., to make it simple just tell me what will be under this unity then I will tell you why it can never work (same currency?, freedom of movement?, and what else?)

Keep on dreaming son!

There are many things which separate us Africans.., Tribalism, Colonial Backgrounds (Countries colonized by the french and the british), Communication difficulties (not everyone speaks English or French) which means there is no one thing which unites all of us..

And this unity thing dont work in a large scale (just look at EU and all the problems)..., if there was a freedom of employment and movement we might have seen everyone migrating to green pastures (e.g. South Africa)..

Also there are some countries in North Africa they dont even see themselves as Africans

Let me add some more issues on your reply, too much ego stands in the way, too many regional interests, and also outside interference would prevent it. Would the USA want to see a truly united Africa? Would the leaders of northern African countries, [with the notable and admirable exception of President Ghadaffi], who admit to being African only when they need votes at the UN or for some other geo-political purposes, want a United Africa?

We are our own worse enemy even without interference from the outside world..., to make it simple just tell me what will be under this unity then I will tell you why it can never work (same currency?, freedom of movement?, and what else?)

We need to educate ourselves, friends and people around us about Africa unity. To support my thesis, we most first look at the prospective benefits presented by the idea of a united Africa.

Now, if there are benefits in the unity, let us first work on them by educating ourselves.

One of the philosopher said, as a man thinketh so is he. Do you remember this clause I have a Dream of MLK?

Its a good one, but think about the union we have. The United Republic of Tanzania. Until today/yesterday in the parliament we still do not know if we can travel to Zanzibar without a passport. Good luck son, even Ian Smith told Mugabe it will take 1000 years to be free and you know what happened.

We need to educate ourselves, friends and people around us about Africa unity. To support my thesis, we most first look at the prospective benefits presented by the idea of a united Africa.

Now, if there are benefits in the unity, let us first work on them by educating ourselves.
"Umoja ni Nguvu" we all know about that but in this case Its hard to work due to our differences (culturally and economically) and at this scale of about 52 countries its almost impossible..., even EU countries like UK did not like the idea of leaving their strong currency to the favor of EU Currency.

In EU due to the economic differences everyone who had energy left the likes of Poland and Albania to go to countries like UK because there was more work and better payments (the likes of Professors from Poland went to UK to do Unskilled work just because of better payment..

In Africa rich countries like South Africa would not like this idea because even now they have problem with foreigner (Zimbabweans and others) which once they had gone even to the extent of killing them (just because they thought that these people were taking their jobs)

Back
Top Bottom