‘Ugandans subjected to slavery in Iraq’

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
By Henry Mukasa,

Parliament yesterday heard of how some female Ugandans taken to Iraq with promises of lucrative jobs, ended up trapped in slavery and forced sex.

Makindye West MP Hussein Kyanjo (JEEMA) told the House presided over by the deputy Speaker, Rebecca Kadaga, he had spoken with five of the victims over the phone.

He said the women were promised secretarial jobs but ended up as house maids.

“They were used for other things outside the agreed work,” Kyanjo said.

“Although they were promised $400, none of them has received payment. They tried to raise these issues with the people they were working for.”

“Unfortunately, they were picked up and put in what appears to be a ‘safe house’,” Kyanjo narrated to an attentive House.

“They talked to me one after another. They said they are frequently beaten by their masters,” added Kyanjo.

The MP reported that the stranded girls were taken to Iraq by a company, Uganda Veterans which has offices in Muyenga, a Kampala suburb.

According to the MP, the women recall they dealt with Godfrey Karingiri, a one Kyalimpa and Gordon, all officials at the company.

By Henry Mukasa,

Parliament yesterday heard of how some female Ugandans taken to Iraq with promises of lucrative jobs, ended up trapped in slavery and forced sex.

Makindye West MP Hussein Kyanjo (JEEMA) told the House presided over by the deputy Speaker, Rebecca Kadaga, he had spoken with five of the victims over the phone.

He said the women were promised secretarial jobs but ended up as house maids.

"They were used for other things outside the agreed work," Kyanjo said.

"Although they were promised $400, none of them has received payment. They tried to raise these issues with the people they were working for."

"Unfortunately, they were picked up and put in what appears to be a ‘safe house'," Kyanjo narrated to an attentive House.

"They talked to me one after another. They said they are frequently beaten by their masters," added Kyanjo.

The MP reported that the stranded girls were taken to Iraq by a company, Uganda Veterans which has offices in Muyenga, a Kampala suburb.

According to the MP, the women recall they dealt with Godfrey Karingiri, a one Kyalimpa and Gordon, all officials at the company.

The middle Eastern region is notorious for these kinds of allegations. they even advertise in the daily newspapers...lakini ole wako ukijibu those adverts...
As soon as you reach these countries ones passport is confiscated and then the madness begins...many have died without coming back home...Ask the Philipinos and the indians...they have stories to tell.
it's poverty and greed that's humiliating us, our undoing...

Last edited:
I would advise that for african women not to think that here in middle east there is better life. It is actually a jail, so most of the men are hungry of sex due to the difficult conditions regarding social interactions here. Now most of the men who have at one time lived in Africa or in other countries where they used to enjoy the social relationships between men and women they try to cheat that they will provide our African ladies good salaries and because of poverty then one gets into trap easily.

Frankly speaking, in the middle east it is not a good place to live if you could manage to get just enough money for food, education, and health services in Africa.

I appeal to my loved African ladies and girls, please do not make such a mistake of coming to middle east hoping that you will get a good job and salary, never, and if you do, you might loose even you life.

Back
Top Bottom