Ugandan Flamboyant Ezra flashes $3m at journalists

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
P { MARGIN: 0px } UL { MARGIN-TOP: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px } OL { MARGIN-TOP: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px }

home001pix.jpg

SHOW MAN? Ezra displays about Shs7 billion in US Dollar notes yesterday.

In Summary

• In 2004, Ezra made a $60m bid to buy English football club Leeds United before it was forced into receivership. The bid was rejected by the club.

• In 2006 Ezra reportedly paid over $250,000 for an exclusive Mont Blanc wristwatch at an auction in United Arab Emirates.

• In 2007 he rewarded Uganda's football team, The Cranes, with $100,000. He rewarded the then coach with $15,000, his assistants, $2,500 each and the 16 player squad $5,000 each after they beat Niger 3-1 in a qualifier.
In 2008 media reports stated that Ezra has placed an order with the French aircraft maker Airbus for an A380 plane to be used as his private jet. It was a somewhat tense atmosphere at Emin Pasha Hotel. Journalists had to be frisked by private bodyguards and asked which media house they represented before making their way to the hotel in the upscale Kololo neighbourhood of Kampala.

By 10am the press conference organised by city tycoon Mike Ezra that was meant to start at 8am had not yet kicked off. He was nowhere to be seen.

In he comes
Then 30 minutes later, he appeared dressed in a blue dotted shirt, black trousers, brown shoes and spotting his trademark dark glasses. "So here I am," he said as he sat down smiling. "So fire away with your questions," were his opening remarks.

It is not like the theme of the gathering was strange.
The flamboyant businessman had wanted to "set the record straight" about claims that he owed the Uganda Revenue Authority money in taxes-and was failing to make good on payment.

The media had also reported that the URA boss, Ms Allen Kagina, had asked the Ministry of Internal Affairs to bar Ezra from travelling abroad until he paid the Shs1.1 billion he owes the government.

Ezra, legs crossed, admitted to owing URA Shs1,130,753,269 in taxes incurred between 2003 and 2005 although he did not state under what business arrangement the debt accrued.

"I have been in touch with the URA officials over the years both through lawyers and auditors, discussing this tax issue. There has been some back and forth but I never said I will not pay the tax," he said.

He also dismissed claims that he was under a travel black-out, saying, if there existed one, he was ignorant.

"Whereas the travel ban might exist, I am not aware of it. I knew about it from the press," he said, his tone pompous but a contrast of his calm body language.

...More like a Limbukeni to me! Anyway, what the heck, waafrika ndizo zetu hizo.

Who exactly is this dude and what exactly does he do? By the way like Babadesi said this guys is a "limbukeni". If you are rich you don't have to flash money for people to know.

Who exactly is this dude and what exactly does he do? By the way like Babadesi said this guys is a "limbukeni". If you are rich you don't have to flash money for people to know.

International conman, world caliber fraudster, well connected and known for pushing large fake checks. It is said even Museveni himself has his cuts from this guy, he even gave him a diplomatic passport so he could enjoy the immunity it provides him.

We unafikiri a common millionaire anaweza kuwa na guts za kuonyesha mihela yote hiyo ?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom