Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Uganda; Museven to contest for 2011 election

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MAWANI, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MAWANI

MAWANI Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni will contest next year's presidential poll, trying to extend a presidency that started in 1986, a statement from his office said on Sunday.</SPAN>
    According to Reuters, he will also seek election as chairman of his National Resistance Movement (NRM) party at its national conference in mid-September, the statement added.

It quoted Museveni as asking a crowd in western Uganda to support him in both races, confirming widespread expectations in the east African country, which discovered commercial oil deposits in 2006, that he would stand.

"People with disabilities are embracing my candidature for chairman and Presidential flag bearer for NRM, I put in my nomination forms, so I can now ask for your support," he said.

One of the longest-serving presidents in Africa, Museveni rose to the top of Ugandan politics when his then National Resistance Army (NRA) insurgents seized power from a short-lived military junta.

The early years of his presidency drew wide praise from the west and effusive support from Ugandans for its respect for the civilian population, prudent and liberal economic management and commitment to the rule of law.

Political analysts say Museveni -- expected to win the party leadership contest easily -- will probably face off against Kizza Besigye, who is expected to be picked by a coalition of opposition parties, the Inter-Party Cooperation.

Hivi waafrika tutastarabika lini? Miaka 25 madarakani bado mtu anatamani kutawala? Ina maana Uganda yote haina mtu anayeweza kuongoza Nchi? Mwisho atakuwa Mugabe wa pili!!! Karibu kuchangia

Attached Files:

2. WiseLady

WiseLady JF-Expert Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Ni raisi mpaka masihi arudi bado anataka awe wa Afrika mashariki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!