UEFA Champions League, Special Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 minutes to go Liverpool scores they only need one goal to go through ......... drama,,,,/////,,,mmmmm.....

c924_682x400_479077a.jpg

SPOT ON ... Frank Lampard struck extra time penalty to fire Blues to Champions League final

FRANK LAMPARD ended his week of heartache by firing Chelsea to the Champions League final. Lampard, mourning the death of his mum Pat last Friday, struck an extra time penalty to set up a 3-2 win for the Blues, and make it 4-3 on aggregate.

In a pulsating semi-final second leg, it was under-fire Didier Drogba who opened the scoring with a 33rd minute strike. The move started when Salomon Kalou got on the end of a slide rule pass by Lampard and forced a great save from Pepe Reina between the sticks. But Drogba -dubbed a 'diver' by Benitez in the build up this clash - was on hand to smash home the rebound at the near post. The goal was Drogba's 14th goal of the season in a Chelsea shirt, giving the home side the lead which they held until the hour mark. Liverpool came out after half-time with all guns blazing, and after a spell of pressure, it was Fernando Torres who got things level.

Midfield schemer Yossi Benayoun beat Drogba and Kalou, before releasing Torres in the box. The Spaniard controlled the ball before who firing a low shot past Petr Cech. It was Chelsea who enjoyed the better of extra time, and even had a goal ruled out for offside. Michael Essien thought he'd got the vital goal after firing through a crowded box to send Stamford Bridge into raptures.

But the linesman's flag was up, with four Blue shirts in front of goalkeeper Reina. Just minutes later however, Lampard got the telling goal. Michael Ballack was chopped down by Sami Hyypia just inside the box, and the England midfielder smashed home the spot kick to start emotional celebrations. Liverpool then incredibly took off star striker Torres, before Drogba got his second of the game just before the extra time interval.

The big Ivorian was on hand to smash home sub Nicolas Anelka's telling low ball from the right and put the result beyond doubt.
Ryan Babel fired a late long range goal for Liverpool to give the home side a nervy last five minutes, but Chelsea held on to seal their ticket to Moscow. The night belonged to Lampard, who after missing the weekend's title fight with Manchester United, was able to smile again.

c2_666x450_478979a.jpg

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks (right) and his son take their places

c3_666x450_478983a.jpg

Chelsea fans get ready for the big kick off

c4_500x500_478987a.jpg

Frank Lampard and Dirk Kuyt scrap it out

C923B_666x450_479078a.jpg

Michael Essien peels away convinced he has scored the winner. But the referee points to the linesman

c922_666x450_479053a.jpg

Liverpool celebrate

c920b_666x450_479054a.jpg

Torres peels away after scoring

c916_666x450_479027a.jpg

Avram Grant getsures to the crowd

c914_666x450_479021a.jpg

Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher are left dejected

c910_666x450_479006a.jpg

But Didier Drogba lashes in the rebound to open the scoring

c913_666x450_479018a.jpg

c910b_666x450_479004a.jpg

Drogba savours the moment in front of Liverpool bench... ....

c925_666x450_479079a.jpg

Lampard kisses his captain's armband in celebration

c927_666x450_479093a.jpg

An emotional Lampard is congratulated by his team-mates

chelsea_479083a.jpg

showdown_479084a.jpg

Shukran Ole kwa hizi picha.

This was a very entertaining game na sasa seketa iko Moscow
tutakapochuana na Ze Devils.

Go Chelsea Go.....Chelsea for Life!!!!!

Shukran Ole kwa hizi picha.

This was a very entertaining game na sasa seketa iko Moscow
tutakapochuana na Ze Devils.

Go Chelsea Go.....Chelsea for Life!!!!!

He he mnaenda kuchezea nyumbani sio..ila lazima turevenge this time around....hongereni sana

He he mnaenda kuchezea nyumbani sio..ila lazima turevenge this time around....hongereni sana

Icadon,

Karibu sana.Licha ya mapenzi yangu na Chelsea,I wanna
say hii ngoma itakua ya kukata na shoka and I'm already
having butterflies in my belly....Najiuliza je is it possible
kuwachapa hawa Devils in two consecutive meetings???...Only
time will tell.

Mechi ilikua boma sana kuangalia.... pongezi kwa bluuz kupita ila mnasubiriwa kwa hamu na SAF + vijana wa kazi!

Im not a Chelsia fan but we all must give credit to Frank Lampard,he was going through a very difficult time in his life but his performance was outstanding, he showed an astonishing mental strengh.

Im not a Chelsia fan but we all must give credit to Frank Lampard,he was going through a very difficult time in his life but his performance was outstanding, he showed an astonishing mental strengh.

I take it KKN, jamaa anawajibika sana kwa Chelsi (au tuseme kwenye futboli kijumla).....utadhani ana hisa fulani hivi.

If Chelsea wants to win hio tarehe 21 may u need to change some of your tactics, zile SUB zenu za yule myahudi ambazo binafsi huwa zinanishangaza zita-cost, then ile tabia ya Ze Bluez ku-defend wakishapata kagoli, aisee.....anyway lets wait and see ila itakuwa very interesting final!!

One Love.......One United

I dont normally bet but today Im gonna follow my last night dreams, I saw lots of people in blue shirts celebrating, they offered me a beer! 2-1 Chelsia is my prediction, tena within 90 minutes.

Mpira mzuri, I hope Chelsea wataimaliza kazi kipindi cha pili, lakini lazima waongeze speed na kupeleka zaidi mashambulizi golini.

I dont normally bet but today Im gonna follow my last night dreams, I saw lots of people in blue shirts celebrating, they offered me a beer! 2-1 Chelsia is my prediction, tena within 90 minutes.

may be ure prediction may come true!let us wait

Dang it Rooney na Tevez we could have wrapped it up!!! lakini its all good

Status
Not open for further replies.