Ubuntu unity: Your Opinions!

HT

JF-Expert Member
Jul 29, 2011
To me is better move for Linux community. There is a port of Fedora 15. I think it will challenge Gnome to become better and present more choices to Linux community. That being said it is a move against Apple and M$ and it is well calculated.
All in all, my opinion is, Unity is one of greatest thing Canonical will be remembered for in my Computer history!
What is your opinion?

:shock:
can u translate in swahili what u ve just coded.

wachache sana wanao2mia linux kaka! mwenyewe natumia ubuntu, lakn najikuta narely zaidi kwenye pc iliyo na mswin! application nyingi kubwa haziendi vzr linux!

Mkuu mimi nimependezwa sana na jinsi Unity 2D UI inavyofanya kazi on my Asus Eee PC T91MT tablet baada ya kuinstall hid mosart drivers for touchscreen!!!

Mkuuu sijakusoma kabisa ndiona maana nikaomba utoe japo ABC za hiyo unity. Si ndio maana tunakuja JF unajifunza vitu vipya kila siku.

Unity is a shell interface for the GNOME desktop environment developed by Canonical Ltd for its Ubuntu operating system. Unity debuted in the netbook edition of Ubuntu 10.10. It is designed to make more efficient use of space given the limited screen size of netbooks, including, for example, a vertical application switcher[SUP][3][/SUP] called the launcher.[SUP][4][/SUP] Unlike GNOME, KDE Software Compilation, or Xfce, Unity is not a collection of applications but designed to be used with existing GTK+ programs.[SUP][5][/SUP]

Unity is part of the Ayatana project, an initiative to improve the user experience within Ubuntu. In addition to Unity, there are Application Indicators and other projects such as MeMenu, the notification system and the application NotifyOSD gathered.
More from Wikipedia

Unity provides a complete, simple, touch-ready environment that integrates your applications and your workflow.
Unity is designed for netbooks and related touch-based devices. It includes a new panel and application launcher that makes it fast and easy to access preferred applications, such as the browser, while removing screen elements that are rarely used in mobile and netbook computing.
Unity has a vertical task management panel on the left-hand side and a menu panel at the top of the screen. Using a sidebar for task management conserves vertical screen space, which is much more valuable on a widescreen netbook. The task panel displays icons for commonly-used applications and programs that are currently running. Clicking on an icon will give the target application focus if it is already running or launch it if it is not already running. If you click the icon of an application that already has focus, Unity will activate an Expose-style view of all the open windows associated with that application.

More From Canonical

mkuu kwenye HP je itakubali..
2D ni kwa ajili ya mashine za zamani ambazo video cards zake haziwezi kukimbiza Unity 3D. Hata kama haitaweza bado unaweza kutunia Gnome 2 kwa kuchagua Ubuntu Classic wakati wa ku login pale chini!

V checkd unity, bt ctil cant get my hands off Gnome 3, t rocks nd i thnk ts a future of desktop enviroment

V checkd unity, bt ctil cant get my hands off Gnome 3, t rocks nd i thnk ts a future of desktop enviroment
Screenshots or Used it? What is it that glues you to Gnome3? Linux is power of choice anyway :)

screenshot, tho bado cjakutana nayo laiv, ngoja niitafute hiyo ubuntu 11.4, v got fedora 15

Back
Top Bottom