Tz. Leadership succession plan .nyerere's failure

Mfamaji

JF-Expert Member
Nov 6, 2007
I have tried to scrutinise the political situation in Tanzania with focus on the presidency. The just ended CCM, NEC left much to be desired and reflects the next politcal platform for the TZ. It is like the scramble for Africa era. Every self induced super power in Tanzania want to become a president. Unfortunately those self made modals are using the money which they stole from us through ufisadi to try to rule us .

My question is , why the late Nyerere knowing that some people in Tz would use every kind of legitimete and illegitimate means to bribe their way through to Ikulu did not put in place a proper succession plan? I am sure Mkapa was not planned for presidency from the start. Neither Mwinyi was. I wonder if Kikewete is . I think Nyerere did not broom his succesor neither succession plan was his agenda .This is why we can see CCM breaking into pieces because it died the day Nyerere died. Nyie mwasemaje wakuu?

Hiyo succession plan ni kwenye nchi zinazotawaliwa KIFALME, KIDICTATOR na zile zinazoendekeza DYNASTIES. Masuala ya kuchaguana ni magumu kuyatengezea hiyo plan.

Mkuu mwalimu hakuwa na solid plan ya namna hiyo. Hata kuondoka kwake hakuondoka kwa kupenda he was forced by circumstances baada ya kuona ameshindwa. Alisema, "nimeshindwa, tukubali nimeshindwa" akaamua kuondoka. Lakini kama angeona anayotaka yanafanyika nageendelea kukaa, ndio maana tuliona shambles nyingi sana kwenye utawala wa mwinyi. Hakujua anachokifanya, at least alijaribu kwa Mkapa...so far bado hatuna plan ya maana ya succession inayoendana na mazingira yetu na mahitaji yetu.

As a matter of fact Nyerere's wish was to have Salim Ahmed Salim succeed him. His plan was nipped in the bud by a group of politicians from Zanzibar led by none other than the astute poltician Abdalla Natepe because of the very same reasons we heard about Salim in 2005 CCM primaries for the presidential candidates. With Kawawa having opted out because of ill health Mzee Ally Hassan Mwinyi became a natural successor.

I have it on good account that Ben Mkapa was annoited by Nyerere long before 1995 CCM primaries. The late Nyerere had confided this to a retired senior civil servant during the funeral of Mama Sophia Kawawa at Madala in the outskirts of Dar Es Salaam. This is where Mr. Kawawa resides. No wonder Nyerere went all the way to ensure that Ben Mkapa was baby-seated and carried all the way to State House.

A succcesion plan in itself is not necessarily a bad thing provided it is done with utmost care and democratically. It is not unwise to groom a number of people say three within the party to prepare them to take the mantle of the highest office in the land at an appropriate time. It is not prudent for nation to get its top leadership just like casting a dice! President Obama did not become the Democratic flag bearer 2008 by sheer chance. Four years before he had proved his worth at the democratic convetion and the democratic party machinery started grooming him behind the scenes with Hillary Clinton very much in sight and at the fore front.

Did Nyerere fail? Not at all. Remember what happned in 1995? Kikwete was clearly a front runner during 1995 "mchakato" for a CCM flag bearer in the presidential race. Kikwete was persuaded to drop out of the race in favour of Ben Mkapa on the promise that come 2005 it will his time to take the throne. Even Mama Maria Nyerere alluded to that fact in 2005 and indeed Kikwete was given a "Bibble" by the former first lady as sign of blessings. We can she was acting as a proxy of the father of the nation in this regard. I think this is far as Nyerere could humanly go because going beyond Kikwete's successor is a little bit far fetched.

We may argue if these successors have been up to the job ( as Nyerere would have wished) but I think this is for another day.

Hiyo succession plan ni kwenye nchi zinazotawaliwa KIFALME, KIDICTATOR na zile zinazoendekeza DYNASTIES. Masuala ya kuchaguana ni magumu kuyatengezea hiyo plan.

Haina maana hiyo . Sipendi udictator. Ni busara tu kuendeleza kilicho chema .

From the word go, the late Dr. Julius K. Nyerere knew that after his depature CCM won't survive too long. I remember him saying that "true opposition will come from CCM itself". I guess if you analyse what transpired in the NEC (CCM) meeting held in Dodoma last week you will notice the rift within its members especially on the issue of "FISADIS" is widening. The few courageous MPs from CCM who are against FISADIS will not be cowdown by their party's NEC 'cause the desperate wananchi from their constituencies who have been cheated for so long using CCM political rhetorics of "Kasi mpya; Ari mpya & Nguvu mpya na maisha bora kwa wote" will re-elect them if they join opposition parties.

Wote hao niwanafiki tu,kama wako serious watoke CCM waanzishe chama chao,wakishndwa wakae kimya wasubili kuunga hoja mia kwa mia.

Wote hao niwanafiki tu,kama wako serious watoke CCM waanzishe chama chao,wakishndwa wakae kimya wasubili kuunga hoja mia kwa mia.

Hakuna haja ya kutoka kwa sababu wanayopigania yanaendana na katiba ya CCM. KWa hiyo wanatakiwa kupigania wakiwa ndani ya CCM. NA mafisadi wako ndani ya CCM wakisema wahame itawawia vigumu kupambana nao.
Unajua mkuu kama mwizi yuko ndani ya nyumba yako unaweza kupigana nae vizuri sana maana unajua kabisa wapi unaweza nyundo sururu na koleo. Lakini ukiwa nje huwezi kujua yeye ndani ana nini. Kusema watu waondoke CCM sio fair, kwa sababu wako ndani kwenye ufisadi na ndio huko wanaweza kupambana vizuri. Wakihama maana yake watakuwa wanawakimbia mafisadi, la muhimu ni kuwa mafisadi ndio wakimbie.

Back
Top Bottom