Tuwe waangalifu na makampuni ya Wakenya kwenye uwekezaji Tanzania

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009
Kenyan firm shelves plans to revive tyre factory
SAMEER Africa Limited, the giant Kenyan tire manufacturer, has shelved plans to revive the defunct General Tyre factory.

A statement issued here over the weekend indicates that the company now wants to focus on supplying the local market with finished goods rather than invest in the dilapidated factory at Njiro.

The Country Manager for Sameer Africa Tanzania Limited, Mr Charles Kioko, admitted that his company had viable plans to revive the factory but things did not go well as expected. “We tried to take over the factory about a year-and-a-half ago but our efforts hit blank wall, anyway I have written an official letter to explain everything about the failed process”, he said.

He told the Acting Arusha Regional Commissioner, Mr Raymond Mushi, that there have been efforts to revive the plant but all ended up in vain. The RC had over the weekend asked the Kenyan company if it was possible for them to revive the factory, the once vibrant tire producing state-owned manufacturer which closed shop in 2009.

Sameer Group had invited the RC, who is also the District Commissioner for Arusha to the official ceremony at which the company was launching eight new sub-brands of their flagship tire trademark ‘Yana.’ The newly launched brands include Yana-Monarch, Pamoja-Plus, Faida, Stallion, Jumbo, Summit and Daima.

They all cater for different work-loads, vehicles and terrains. Sameer Africa Limited, formerly under the name Firestone East Africa 1969 Ltd, was established in Kenya in 1969 as a joint venture between Firestone Tyre and Rubber Company of the USA and the Government of Kenya with the aim of producing tyres for the Kenyan and the East African market.

The corporate identity changed to Sameer Africa Limited in April 2005 after a successful renegotiation of the technical and management contract with Bridgestone Corporation Japan. This change created an independent tyre producer based in Kenya and aiming to supply the East African and the COMESA markets.

Daily News | Kenyan firm shelves plans to revive tyre factory

MY TAKE
Hivi huyu anayewauzia Wakenya makampuni ya Tanzania ana akili kweli? Hivi ni makampuni mangapi yaliyonunuliwa na Wakenya yamefungwa? Kiwanda cha maziwa Arusha, Kibo Breweries na sasa hiki General Tyre! In short Wakenya wanapigana dhidi ya competition, wananunua makampuni ili kuyafunga na kuteka masoko! Tuwe waangalifu na serikali iwanyang'anye hivyo viwanda itangaze tender upya

Off all the people unawapa kiwanda wakenya lazima wakifunge kwa manufaa yao!
Ivi serikali inashindwa ata angalau kuwa na kiwanda kimoja cha mfano sio lazima vyote muwape wawekezaji
Nasikia SPM pia kimechukuliwa na hao wakikuyu ni mwendo wa kupeleka semi finished goods ili finished goods ziwe manufactured Kenya.

Business is all about maximizing profit, everything else comes second including the welfare of your workers. If you have ever run a business am sure you know this as a rule of thumb. Kenyan associated industries buying out Tanzanian business and finally shutting down the production phase of these industries simply shows that its expensive to produce in Tanzania in comparison to other countries like Kenya. We shouldn't be quick to judge and complain without checking out the underlying factors that have led to these industries shutting down.

Business is all about maximizing profit, everything else comes second including the welfare of your workers. If you have ever run a business am sure you know this as a rule of thumb. Kenyan associated industries buying out Tanzanian business and finally shutting down the production phase of these industries simply shows that its expensive to produce in Tanzania in comparison to other countries like Kenya. We shouldn't be quick to judge and complain without checking out the underlying factors that have led to these industries shutting down.

Smatta,

If that is the case why is it then you guys are still negotiating to Buy General tyre?

Oh!!! my dear CCM, I really Love my Party.

Smatta,

If that is the case why is it then you guys are still negotiating to Buy General tyre?

Oh!!! my dear CCM, I really Love my Party.

They'll definitely rake in some good profits, thats really what matters. And dont get me wrong, Tanzania is a good place to do business in, been hustling in tanzania for so many years, so trust me, if it sucked i'll have been out of here years ago.

They'll definitely rake in some good profits, thats really what matters. And dont get me wrong, Tanzania is a good place to do business in, been hustling in tanzania for so many years, so trust me, if it sucked i'll have been out of here years ago.

There you are.
Very soon Tanzania will be dominated By Kenyan Tycoons. Do you know of KCB operations in Tanzania.
I cant think of Tanzanian Bank in Kenya, am Trying to think of a Tanzanian Bank in Tanzania of KCB Caliber!.
We have a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom