Tunauza gas Kenya?... Mapato vipi?

Tumain

JF-Expert Member
Jun 28, 2009

Kenya will be the first destination for Tanzania's natural gas exports.

The Artumas Group Incorporation, a Mtwara-based gas exploring company, has been given the go ahead by the government to export to Kenya.

According to a statement from Artumas, the Tanzania government has given approval to the firm to finalise negotiations with the relevant parties for the export of compressed natural gas to off-take clients in Mombasa, Kenya.

It further said that the approval allows Artumas to move forward to conclude the relevant Project Agreements, including long term gas sales agreements with the off-take customers and transportation services agreements with the compressed natural gas shipper.

In the statement, Mr Mason said that conclusion of these commercial agreements would underpin the current planning activity in support of commencements of the drilling programme in the fourth quarter of 2008.
He said: "During the past year, Artumas has worked in close co-operation and collaboration with its working interest partner, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and the government of Tanzania to determine the optimal use of the large gas resource base located in the Tanzania part of the Ruvuma Basin.

The gas exploration at Mnazi Bay became the second facility to produce electricity from locally-sourced gas. The first was gas from Songo Songo Island, which is transported to Dar es Salaam via a pipeline to Ubungo Power Plant from where Songas generates power for sale to Tanesco.

Tanzania has also discovered further gas deposits at Mkuranga, slightly over 40km from Dar es Salaam.

Source: East Africa (kenya)

Good move lakini tatizo ni transparency na accountability. Kuna mafisadi
wanashangilia pande zote mbili za border.

That is great, we are going to be the Russia of East Africa. It is also good stick in our hand to tame all neighbours like what is doing Russia to earn political ends in eastern europe.
Good pase.
Bravo TZ.

the artumas group incorporation, a mtwara-based gas exploring company, has been given the go ahead by the government to export to kenya.

source: East africa (kenya)

for whose benefit!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Hapo ndipo watanzania tunapoonekana ni wavivu wa kufikiri kwa maana tunataka kuuza gasi amabayo haijatunufaisha hata sisi wenyewe.nafikiri kwanza ingelifanyika juhudi za makusudi ili gasi hiyo iweze kutunufaisha katika nyanja mbalimbali badala ya kukimbilia kuiuza nje ya nchi na kuwanufaisha wenzetu.
kabla ya serikali kuruhusu gasi hiyo kuuzwa nje ni vyema ifanye mambo yafuatayo
1.ihamasishe matumizi ya gasi katika nyanja za usafirishaji na pembejeo za kilimo zinazotumia petroli na diesel serikali inaweza kufanya hivyo kwa kuleta vifaa vya kubadilisha mfumo wa magari yanayotumia petrol na diesel yaweze kutumia gas.pia kupunguza ushuru kwa magari yanayoingizwa nchini ambayo yanatumia gasi

2.Pia serikali ihamasishe matumzi ya gasi majumbani hasa kwa kupikia, inaweza kufanya hivyo kwa kupunguza ushuru wa vifaa na malighafi yanayotumika kutengernezea majiko gas kwa yale yanayotengenezwa hapa nchini na kupunguza ushuru kwa yale yanayoagizwa kutoka nje, ili kupunguza gharama ya majiko hayo na kumuwezesha mwananchi wa kawaida kuweza kumudu gharama za kulinunua jiko hilo

kwa kufanya hivyo serikali na watanzania kwa ujumla tunaweza kufaidika na gasi yetu kwani tutaokoa pesa zetu nyingi za kigeni zinazotumika kununulia mafuta ya petroli na diesel pia tutafaidika kwa kutunza mazingira kwani matumizi ya mafuta ya petroli na diesel huzalisha hewa chafu nyingi kuliko matumizi ya gasi pia kwa matumizi ya gasi majumbani tutaweza kupunguza au kuacha matumizi ya mkaa ambao licha ya kuzalisha hewa chafu nyingi ukilinganisha na gasi lakini pia kupunguzwa kukatwa kwa miti ambayo malli ghafi ya kutengenezea mkaa, ambapo tutapunguza au kumaliza kabisa tatizo la uharibifu wa mazingira

Hatuna umeme wa kutosha....tunauza gesi nje.....CCM mna akili kweli??? Rais kikwete alivyo kwenda Jamaica aliulizwa kama ataweza kuwauzia gas akajibu kwamba kwa sasa anafikiria kutumia gas kwa mahitaji ya ndani kwanza, je, ni yeye tena amegeuka????

Kuna tetesi kwamba huu mpango ni wa Kalonzo (VP-kenya), Uhuru na Najib Balala kwa upande wa kenya na kwa upande wa Tanzania ni Mkulu, Ngeleja na Malima...ndio maana hili dili husikia kwenye media...move inaendelea kimya kimya watauza na gesi nyingine kutoka pale Mkuranga endelea kufuatilia...lol

funny thing is that u will export the gas to kenya and then u will import the same gas from kenya that has been processed into a different product.

i remember there were days that kenya used to export coffee and tea to the west and we would import the processed version of the same coffee. :(

good thing is that atleast the money will be circulating in the EAC which is a benefit.

That is great, we are going to be the Russia of East Africa. It is also good stick in our hand to tame all neighbours like what is doing Russia to earn political ends in eastern europe.
Good pase.
Bravo TZ.

you must be suffering from inferiority complex.

Good move lakini tatizo ni transparency na accountability. Kuna mafisadi
wanashangilia pande zote mbili za border.

whats up with you and the transparency thing? it is great that u are demanding zero tolerance of corruption, i think we all hate corruption, BUT!! the cold harsh and sad reality is that CORRUPTION IS HERE TO STAY(atleast in the foreseeable future). although i HATE corruption, we cant let corruption stop us from trying to trade with each other.

it would be stupid of kenyans to import gas from middle east while it is available in tanzania and uganda just bcoz of corruption.

push on against all odds.

The most serious fact to consider is who owns how much share in our gas!

If I am not mistaken, Tanzania through Tanzania Petroleum Company owns only 25% and Artmus 75%!

Therefore, who owns how much share in our gas is the BIG owner! In addition, that BIG owner is Artmus!

The children of Tanzania can go hungry when this BIG owner sells "our" to the highest buyer on the international market.

Ubepari sio taasisi ya Mama Tereza (Mother Theresa)!

Imagine, even our President JK "Vasco da Gama" went to Jamaica and one of the agreed upon business suggestion was for Tanzania to sell gas to Jamaica!

funny thing is that u will export the gas to kenya and then u will import the same gas from kenya that has been processed into a different product.

i remember there were days that kenya used to export coffee and tea to the west and we would import the processed version of the same coffee. :(

good thing is that atleast the money will be circulating in the EAC which is a benefit.

That is exactly what worries me about the deal, wanatengeneza processing unit pale mombasa (Balala, Kalonzo and Uhuru are part of it) badala ya kutengeneza the same mtwara..

Wewe mbona unafurahia uwizi na deal chafu za wanasiasa what kind of person you are? au ndio tabia za huko kwenu kenya?

Wajemeni! Wajinga ndiyo waliwao. Kila kukicha ni madudu ya kila aina. Hivi nchi hii lini tutajaza akili. Gas haijanufaisha Wadanganyika, leo hii serikali inatoa idhini eti majadiliano ya kuuziana gas yaendelee. Mungu wangu, hivi huyo aliyeturoga ameshakufa nini? Misitu inafyekwa kila kukicha kwa ajili ya kuni na mkaa. Badala ya kuhamasisha wadanganyika watumie gas kwa matumizi mbalimbali, eti kuuza gas Kenya ndio kipaumbele cha serikali ya wadanganyika. Masikini weee hivi tutaponea wapi?

My God hapa kweli kazi ipo.....yaani Tanzania inauza Gas wakati nchi nzima ipo kwenye Giza KILA SIKU...umeme hautoshi hata kuwashia tubelight..hehehe this is soooooo funnyyyyyyy....mie nilitegemea ingekua ni next move ya wanachi hususani vijijini kupata umeme kwa ajili ya maendeleo......wenzenu hao Russia,Ukraine wanauza Gas ambayo ni suplus baada ya kujitosheleza kwa nishati zote yaani umeme na Gas basi ndo wanauza inayobaki...Maskini wa Mungu bongo land...
..i'm about to conclude that Tanzania have a BIG CRISIS of SKILLED LEADERS..

Wajemeni! Wajinga ndiyo waliwao. Kila kukicha ni madudu ya kila aina. Hivi nchi hii lini tutajaza akili. Gas haijanufaisha Wadanganyika, leo hii serikali inatoa idhini eti majadiliano ya kuuziana gas yaendelee. Mungu wangu, hivi huyo aliyeturoga ameshakufa nini? Misitu inafyekwa kila kukicha kwa ajili ya kuni na mkaa. Badala ya kuhamasisha wadanganyika watumie gas kwa matumizi mbalimbali, eti kuuza gas Kenya ndio kipaumbele cha serikali ya wadanganyika. Masikini weee hivi tutaponea wapi?
Hawajui kama kuuza katika soko la ndani vilevile unapata pesa? wanafikiri pesa ni kufanya export tu?

Lakini kibaya zaidi hawa jamaa kuna kitu kinaendelea behind the scene "processing unit kubwa inakuwa mombasa usije shangaa kenya wakaja kutuuzia vifaa vitakanvyo na gesi ya Tanzania..shame??

corruption ni mbaya sana hapa ngeleja anatafuta fedha za uchaguzi maana hii deal huwezi sikia kwenye Media za kwetu..

Hapo juu kwenye mtundiko wangu Artmus isomeke The Artumas Group Incorporation.

Na sio hiyo tu! hebu fanyeni a bit of investigative research muone jinsi gesi yetu inavyomilikiwa kupitia kipengere cha "production sharing agreement" (psa), ambapo "vigogo" wetu walivonunua hisa katika kampuni za psa.

Wts gud ma jamii peeps, wht amazes me with us EAfricans is how we concentrate so much with wht our pple own, hve u ever thought of wht you hve as an individual? eff the gvt and whatever, what counts in life is hw much bread we have at the end of the day, eff gud governance if I dnt have enuf money to spend or fuel my car, eff corruption if my family is sleeping hungry. HUSTLE BY ANY MEANS MY BROTHERS. Merry Xmass le me get back to ma drinks n drugs.

Wts gud ma jamii peeps, wht amazes me with us EAfricans is how we concentrate so much with wht our pple own, hve u ever thought of wht you hve as an individual? eff the gvt and whatever, what counts in life is hw much bread we have at the end of the day, eff gud governance if I dnt have enuf money to spend or fuel my car, eff corruption if my family is sleeping hungry. HUSTLE BY ANY MEANS MY BROTHERS. Merry Xmass le me get back to ma drinks n drugs.

You are just talking of me, myself and I, typical kenyans style! aagh...

Hii deal wala wakenya hamtafaidi kama hatutashirikiana kuwaadhibu mafisadi pande zote...

You are just talking of me, myself and I, typical kenyans style! aagh...

Hii deal wala wakenya hamtafaidi kama hatutashirikiana kuwaadhibu mafisadi pande zote...

Tumain, when you say that the deal wont benefit the common mwananchi you sound somehow naieve, i dont know about you but i dont loose sleep thinking of how many of the gvt deals will benefit me personally. to me the role of the gvt is to provide security and enough infrastructure to make it possible for me to paper chase. on the other hand am sure you want your gvt to give you bread and milk every morning, it cant work thatway, you have to grow your wings, spread them and atleast learn how to fly.

Tumain, when you say that the deal wont benefit the common mwananchi you sound somehow naieve, i dont know about you but i dont loose sleep thinking of how many of the gvt deals will benefit me personally. to me the role of the gvt is to provide security and enough infrastructure to make it possible for me to paper chase. on the other hand am sure you want your gvt to give you bread and milk every morning, it cant work thatway, you have to grow your wings, spread them and atleast learn how to fly.

I don't care altitude does not work that way ndugu!

There is what we call public resources on which every citizen must benefit...and must be vigilant with government dealings

I don't expect govt to give me milk and bread, those days has already passed even in Russia not only in Tanzania..what we are saying is that there must the order in using public resources and must benefit citizen equally..it is the issue of equity and justice

Learn how to fly?? wewe unaongea nini? huwezi nifundisha chochote ndugu...

Back
Top Bottom