Toleo Maalum la Pambazuka News kuhusu Mawazo na Matendo ya Mwalimu Nyerere

Companero

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2008
Hiyo interview ya Nyerere na Nawal El Saadawi nimeikubali!Yaani mwaka 1984 Mwalimu alikuwa anaona mbali hivyo? Hebu cheki:

JULIUS NYERERE: We have never cut our relations with Libya; Gaddafi got entangled in the Uganda war against us without really meaning to. Idi Amin was a good actor and pretended Uganda was a Muslim country; amazingly many other countries were also taken in by him. Uganda is not a Muslim country, it is a Christian country, almost as Christian as Southern Sudan. I tried to explain all this to Gaddafi in 1973 when I met him for the first time in Algiers during the Non-Aligned Summit. He had some very vague ideas then about Tanzania. He thought that during the revolution in Zanazibar (1964), Christians had fought against Muslims. I told him that Zanzibar was 99% Muslim and the Zanzibaris, during their revolution, had got rid of their feudalists just as he had got rid of the feudalists in Tripoli in 1969. I wanted to explain this and so get Gaddafi off that hook. He also felt that Tanzania was a Christian country because I am a Christian. But we are very mixed in Tanzania and we have three times more Muslims here than in Libya. But we are also very secular and we do not believe that politics and religion go together in that sense. During the Uganda war, I never wanted to make a big issue out of Libya's involvement in it. Since then, I have tried to get our friend Gaddafi to understand and I think he now has a greater appreciation of what is happening in this part of the world.

Chapisheni vitabu vya mawazo ya Mwalimu. Alisema mengi ambayo hatuyajui na watawala wetu wa sasa "hawataki" tuyajue. Ni kama vile yanawasuta.

Chapisheni vitabu vya mawazo ya Mwalimu. Alisema mengi ambayo hatuyajui na watawala wetu wa sasa "hawataki" tuyajue. Ni kama vile yanawasuta.
Wildcard,
Yanawasuta! Uliisikia hotuba ya Kikwete Butiama? Kitu pekee alichoweza kumsifia mwalimu ni kujenga umoja wa Watanzania. Basi. Nothing else. Sasa anatuambia anataka kutenganisha wafanyibiashara na siasa. Talk about re-inventing the wheel!

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom