Togo National Team Shot in Ambush, what's their fate?

Bado nitawalaumu viongozi wa Togo FA kwa kusafiri na magari kwenye ukanda wa vita!!
Nafikiri hapa swali la msingi sio Togo kusafiri kwa magari, ila ni kwa nini waandaaji wa mashindano wameweka mji/jimbo wa Cabinda kama one of the venue huku wakijua fika kwamba huko kwenye vita??!! Why?! I don't get it?!

I guess walihonga ili wachaguliwe wao. Wakulaumiwa hapa ni CAF ina maana hawakufanya security/threat assement au ndio yale mambo yetu waafrika ya kupuuzia vitu mpaka vitokee?

Media za ulaya zitakuwa na field day sasa especially zile nchi zilizoshindwa kwenye bid.

...hapana kaka,

mimi hapa namlaumu/nawalaumu uongozi wa msafara wa hiyo timu ya Togo. Kama walishauriwa kusafiri kwa ndege, wao ilikuwaje wakaona bora wasafiri kwa Coach? au ndio yale yale masharti ya 'masangoma?'

Togo are the only team to have traveled into Cabinda by road. This fact has moved CAF to question the Sparrow Hawks.
"CAF's regulations are clear, teams are required to fly rather than travel by bus," -Souleymane Habuba, CAF's Communications director

Hili lilikuwa ni jaribio la kigaidi kuionyesha dunia na kuidhalilisha serikali ya Angola, nashindwa kuona kwa nini Western media waunganishe hili tukio na Kombe la dunia SA, Haya ni mashindano ya kombe la Africa tofauti kabisa na World cup, kimaandalizi, ulinzi na kila kitu. South Africa hakuna terrorism kwa sasa na huu mgogoro wa Cabinda upo Angola na sio SA, naamini iwapo kama kutakuwa na Euro cup Ireland Republic mfano 2016 na kukatokezea shambulio kama hili huko Northern Ireland toka kwa IRA tungeambiwa hii sio sababu ya kufanya World cup in England yasifanyike 2018. Hawa wazungu wana double standard na ikitokezea jambo baya limetokea nchi moja ya Africa inahukumiwa Afrika yote wakati kama ikitokezea kitu kibaya kwenye nchi ya ulaya hutajwa ile nchi husika tu.

Nafikiri hapa swali la msingi sio Togo kusafiri kwa magari, ila ni kwa nini waandaaji wa mashindano wameweka mji/jimbo wa Cabinda kama one of the venue huku wakijua fika kwamba huko kwenye vita??!! Why?! I don't get it?!

...inasemekana Cabinda kwenyewe ni shwari na amani tele, ila hawa waasi wa FLEC hufanya sporadic attacks kisha wanakimbilia/wanarudi DRC...

Inanikumbusha kina Gen Nkunda na FDLR yake.

CAF wana plan B baada ya Togo kuitwa nyumbani? Nchi gani ni alternate? Au sisi tunafanya mambo kiarabu zaidi?

...hapana kaka,

mimi hapa namlaumu/nawalaumu uongozi wa msafara wa hiyo timu ya Togo. Kama walishauriwa kusafiri kwa ndege, wao ilikuwaje wakaona bora wasafiri kwa Coach? au ndio yale yale masharti ya 'masangoma?'

Mkuu mimi nazungumzia hali ya usalama kwa ujumla wakati wa mashindano haya, CAF na serikali ya Angola walifanya assessment yoyote na kama walifanya walihakikisha vipi timu zinafuata ushauri?

CAF wana plan B baada ya Togo kuitwa nyumbani? Nchi gani ni alternate? Au sisi tunafanya mambo kiarabu zaidi?

Itabidi wachukue mshindi wa pili kwenye kundi la Togo, unakumbuka Euro 92 (Denmark waliitwa baada ya Yugoslavia kujitoa kwa sababu ya vita).

...bado yu hai jamani,

"He is conscious and in a stable condition," hilo ndilo la kumshukuru Mw'Mungu.

...mwenyezi Mungu ampe nafuu na umri mrefu zaidi.

Mkuu hadi sasa bado kipa anaonekana is dead, that is according to local news za togo kwani alipelekwa south africa for treatment.... tumuombee iwe ni kweli bado hajafa na mungu ampe maisha marefu tuweze kupata halisia ya horses mouth

Mashindano yameshatumbukiwa nyongo

so so sad bwana mdogo wa watu kafa kwenye vita ya wengine!!

...bado yu hai jamani,

"He is conscious and in a stable condition," hilo ndilo la kumshukuru Mw'Mungu.

...mwenyezi Mungu ampe nafuu na umri mrefu zaidi.

Mkuu hadi sasa bado kipa anaonekana is dead, that is according to local news za togo kwani alipelekwa south africa for treatment.... tumuombee iwe ni kweli bado hajafa na mungu ampe maisha marefu tuweze kupata halisia ya horses mouth

Mashindano yameshatumbukiwa nyongo

Inasikitisha na kuhuzunisha kwaukweli, Siasa za Cabinda zinawahusu nini wachezaji wa Togo? maugomvi yao kwa nini wawauwe watu wengine wasio na hatia wala interest yoyote ile na migogoro yao? Timu ya Togo wana kila haki ya kujiondoa kwenye haya mashindano, na wala sitashangaa timu za ulaya kuwarudisha wachezaji wao, haya mashindano yameshaingia dosari.

African Cup of Nations - Emmanuel Adebayor's Togo quit African Cup of Nations

Togo's players including Emmanuel Adebayor will return home after the country's government announced they have pulled out of the African Cup of Nations following a deadly attack on the team bus in Angola.

"The Togolese government has decided to call back the team. We could not continue the African Nations Cup in this dramatic situation," said territorial administration minister Pascal Bodjona.

"This was necessary because our players are in a state of shock and because we do not think the security which should have been placed around our players is giving the necessary guarantees," he added.
The announcement came shortly after an Angolan government source said Togo's team had agreed to take part.
However such an outcome was rendered impossible by the refusal of the players to remain in Angola after coming under sustained gunfire for 30 minutes in the Cabinda province.
The bus driver, an assistant coach and press officer died in the attack, while there were conflicting reports over goalkeeper Kodjavi Obilale, who was shot in the chest and stomach.Obilale was airlifted to South Africa, and reports that he had also died have been denied by his French club Pontivy.
Earlier on Saturday, Manchester City said that Adebayor "is on his way back from Angola".
"The lines of communication between the club and Emmanuel have been open all day, we have spoken to his advisers and his girlfriend and he is coming home," City spokesman Simon Heggie said.
Aston Villa midfielder Moustapha Salifou described the attack in graphic detail on Aston Villa's website.
"To be honest, I can't sum up how I feel at this moment. My parents keep calling me from Togo every 30 minutes just to make sure I am okay and to see how things are going here," he said.
"But we have made our decision as players. We can't play in these circumstances and we want to leave for home today."
Salifou said gunmen had opened fire on the bus 15 minutes after it crossed into Angola from Congo.
"The driver of the coach was shot almost immediately and died instantly, so we were just stopped on the road with nowhere to go.
"Our security people saved us. They were in two separate cars, about 10 of them in total and they returned fire. "The shooting lasted for half an hour and I could hear the bullets whistling past me. It was like a movie.
"I know I am really lucky. I was in the back of the coach with Emmanuel Adebayor and one of the goalkeepers. A defender who was sat in front of me took two shots in the back.
"The goalkeeper, Obilale Dodo, one of my best friends, was shot in the chest and stomach area and he has been flown to South Africa to undergo an operation to save his life.
"It was horrific. Everybody was crying. I couldn't stay in control myself and I cried when I saw the injuries to my friend.
"I don't know how anyone could do this. We were looking forward to playing football and to being together as a team. None of us can play football now."

Some comments on the tragedy:

This is just a sample of what's GOING to happen in­ SA,the PC people have given the word cup to a country­ that has massive corruption in it's government a­ police force that's over stretched and under­ funded. God help football, South Africa could spell the­ end of the World cup, I hope not but i'll predict­ at least 20 football related deaths in SA during the­ finals,Football fans will have to be on there guard­ 24/7 Watch yourselve in SA. Sorry to all descent South­ Africans but you know what's going on in­ SA,
Unfortunatly FIFA have turned a blind eye to it for­ PC sake, we'll see

wetin be this (what is this)???!!! I don't think­ they were correct in their heads. what in the world­ made them to think just drive and expect nothing to­ happen. Cristiano was very, very, lucky to survive the­ crash years ago. CAF should relocated to Ghana or­ Nigeria or anywhere away places that are popular in­ crime and murder like Angola. The world is a place­ where peace is a dream and not a reality. I hope the­ gunners are happy, they disgraced the WHOLE­ AFRICA!!!!!

It could be three decades before CAF think­ of Angola or even Africa again. I give a shoutout to­ all the African teams please advance your security­ people and if possible let panel-beaters make vehicle­ security systems like trap-doors or lasers or even a­ sonar to detect metals and bullets or even make the­ outer structure defective to to anything that pierces­ or explodes on contact or just create a compact screen­ in the front seat so that the driver won't die in­ the middle of the ambush . It is imaginary but it can­ happen. The players had some fault in this. They could­ have gone to school to learn at least instad of chasing­ a round ball around a field about 120mtres and did not­ have to break their calves or shins or sprain their­ ankles. Experience is not the best teacher.

I will definetly blame the Togolese government for­ sending their team to DRC and then travelling by bus to­ Angola. Why didnt they choose other countries like­ Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, even Kenya­ like other teams. For instance Ivory Coast put their­ camp in Tanzania and had their friendly marches there­ just before the begining of the tournament. It high­ time the country football associations put safety and­ security of the players their top priorities. I hope­ they have learnt their lessons. RIP and condolences to­ the families who have lost their loved ones.

This­ doesnt means that all countries in Africa are violent­ and exprience such a thing, it just because of­ resources such as oil, and diamonds which have market­ in the west and brings chaos in the continent, where do­ you think the rebells get their weapons?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09012...l-adebayor-togo-quit-african-cup-nations.html

Togo National Team will go on with AFCON competition

Togo players decide to compete in African Nations Cup
(AFP)
CABINDA, Angola — The Togo national football side will play in the African Nations Cup, one of the players Thomas Dossevi told AFP on Sunday, despite an earlier decision to pull out.
"In memory of the dead, the national team has decided to play in the African Nations Cup," said Dossevi.
The players had initially said they didn't want to play in the tournament, and the government recalled the team, following Friday's machine gun ambush by Cabinda separatists that killed an assistant coach and squad spokesman.
"We are all heartbroken, it is no longer a party, but we want to show our national colours, our values and that we are men," he said.
"It was a decision taken nearly unanimously by the team which met during the night after having been reassured by the Angolan authorities," Dossevi added.
He said the team is "a bit bitter, we are a little disappointed with the Confederation of African Football (CAF)...which couldn't arrange for a postponement of our first match so we could bury our dead."
Dossevi, who plays for French side Nantes, was scathing about CAF.
"CAF puts its interests first and not those of the countries," he said.
"They did not support us enough."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h61_6xea_b9P95jwY9Ht65d5tveQ
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h61_6xea_b9P95jwY9Ht65d5tveQ

Togo will go on in AFCON contrary to ealier reports of withdrawal

Togo players decide to compete in African Nations Cup
(AFP)
CABINDA, Angola - The Togo national football side will play in the African Nations Cup, one of the players Thomas Dossevi told AFP on Sunday, despite an earlier decision to pull out.
"In memory of the dead, the national team has decided to play in the African Nations Cup," said Dossevi.
The players had initially said they didn't want to play in the tournament, and the government recalled the team, following Friday's machine gun ambush by Cabinda separatists that killed an assistant coach and squad spokesman.
"We are all heartbroken, it is no longer a party, but we want to show our national colours, our values and that we are men," he said.
"It was a decision taken nearly unanimously by the team which met during the night after having been reassured by the Angolan authorities," Dossevi added.
He said the team is "a bit bitter, we are a little disappointed with the Confederation of African Football (CAF)...which couldn't arrange for a postponement of our first match so we could bury our dead."
Dossevi, who plays for French side Nantes, was scathing about CAF.
"CAF puts its interests first and not those of the countries," he said.
"They did not support us enough."

sourceL: http://www.afp.com/afpcom/en/taglibrary/thematic/sport.1227709641948

Nafikiri wamegundua kuwa mashindano haya yana potential ya kuwa expose zaidi kwenye club kubwakubwa kuliko kuchukua kikombe. Nafikiri ni uamuzi mzuri kwa faida ya wale wanaochezea local teams ili waweze kuonesha vipaji vyao duniani

Na tuwapongeze Togo kwa kuamua ku-support ACN, its the heroes attitude to complete the job that they have started

Kama vitani vile.no retreat no surrender Togo pambana pambana kama zambia vile!

jee hawa waliofanya haya si waichilamu kwa chuki zako?????

Unadandia hoja usioijua kichwakichwa na matokeo yake ni kuwa kituko. Endelea kutuletea burdani, maana watu wanakushangaa wewe wa wapi?? lolz

Kama kweli Togo itashiriki kwenye CAF,itakuwa ni vizuri sana.Nimesikiliza coverage ya Sky news na BBC ,wazungu hawa wanataka kila siku tusifanikiwe kabisa!Adebayo ni sell out ,media imtumia sana,na kumwonyesha mara kadhaa akilia!Adebayo ni greed,nafikiri alitaka arudi Manchester city,maana kuna new manager,Manchini.

western media imekuwa negative sana Angola kuandaa CAF ,hasa wakiona Wachina wamejenga top class stadia!sasa hii shooting walitaka kuihusisha na FIFA 2010 South africa!What a shame!

Kuna mamanager wa premier league Uk,wao wangependa hata wachezaji wasiende huko kabisa.Na wangependa hata CAF wacheze juni badala ya januari!Huu ni ukoloni ambao CAF wasikubali kabisa.CAF ni ya zamani kuliko hata Premier League ya UK,lazima waheshimu hilo.

Africa cup of nations jamani ni utamu wetu wa waafrika!Maana kama tusipofanikisha shindano hili ,litakuwa na negative kubwa sana mbeleni.

They real desides like man, it was hard their spirit will be so high .as they went to world cup once they may get this cup

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom