To system developers: Your team

redSilverDog

JF-Expert Member
Sep 18, 2010
hey guys,

if u wr 2 develop a system and u had to chose a team of five people. What kinda people wud u chose?

hey guys,

if u wr 2 develop a system and u had to chose a team of five people. What kinda people wud u chose?

your question is too general becase before a choose a team one need to have some moere detail of the subject system.

But wit minimum info u have providedand assuming it is a small system am trying

1. Project cordinator/manager
  2. Analyst
  3. Programmer.
  4. Tester
  5. A peson with detailed theoretical knowledge of sytem to be developed ( eg accountant,HR, Purchase officer, Billing officer , etc)

good answer... but, i think i cud use the tester to be also number 5.. may be..

but those are the people you are supposed to have. But what I wanted to know is, what kinda mentality would you include. For example, I always like to have people who do not have the same ideas as I do. I do not like programmers with attitude and people who are business oriented, okay u have to be business oriented but they shouldn't be too business oriented.

Swali zuri lakini sijafahamu mambo yafuatayo.

1. Sijajua ukubwa wa systems or its complexity.
2. Budget ni kiwango gani UKILINGANISHA NA PROJECT YENYEWE.
3. Muda wa kudevelop ni kiwango gani. Ni miezi au unlimited.

good answer... but, i think i cud use the tester to be also number 5.. may be..
but those are the people you are supposed to have. But what I wanted to know is, what kinda mentality would you include. For example, I always like to have people who do not have the same ideas as I do. I do not like programmers with attitude and people who are business oriented, okay u have to be business oriented but they shouldn't be too business oriented.

An analyst should and must be too business oriented. The more and analyst is well informed and knowledgble about the subject system the more the developed system will be usable and useful. without being too business oriented one can develop a very well working system but wich can not be usable in specific business enviroment.

On the other hand the resposibility of a programmer does not requrie him/her to understand the business processes but it can be an added advantage

yea, true.. but remember you are the team leader and now you choosing your team. earlier, your team missed a designer or do you intend to use a programmer as a designer? What characteristics of a programmer/designer do you prefer? Say you are the team leader now..

yea, true.. but remember you are the team leader and now you choosing your team. earlier, your team missed a designer or do you intend to use a programmer as a designer? What characteristics of a programmer/designer do you prefer? Say you are the team leader now..

Am think in small computer system its an analyst who is a desiger using tool like DFD, Flow charts ,UML, ERD, Use case diagram etc

Even in real world when somene is employed as an analyst This Modelling/ Designing tools should be his/her cup of tea

So in computer systems to me Analyst= Desinger

Am I wrong ?

Am think in small computer system its an analyst who is a desiger using tool like DFD, Flow charts ,UML, ERD, Use case diagram etc

Even in real world when somene is employed as an analyst This Modelling/ Designing tools should be his/her cup of tea

So in computer systems to me Analyst= Desinger

Am I wrong ?

you not wrong. the design phase is not an easy part. its the part where it makes u go back to the specification document. use case diagrams are used in the specification documents..

Its a good idea to use analyst as a designer. But i prefer the analyst to be the team leader. and a DBA makes a good designer.

Given a choice of 5 people, I would insist on having two programming minds on the case, A systems analyst to operate at the level of designer and project lead. A tester and a system documentor. Do a half-arsed effort on documentation and you will dread the whole exercise.
On programmers, I would of course ensure that the system is clearly defined and have set out the tasks for each programmer. Having two or three minds looking at the same programming problem enhances the programming effort and could speed up the exercise in general.
The system analyst will in my opinion be driving this, hence full control of the plan should lie with him/her. Project milestones, etc should me controlled by this person. Testers and documenters would shadow the work of the programmer(s) and the analyst.

Not forgetting the application "owner" who should be available at all levels to assist the programming effort.

Given a choice of 5 people, I would insist on having two programming minds on the case, A systems analyst to operate at the level of designer and project lead. A tester and a system documentor. Do a half-arsed effort on documentation and you will dread the whole exercise.
On programmers, I would of course ensure that the system is clearly defined and have set out the tasks for each programmer. Having two or three minds looking at the same programming problem enhances the programming effort and could speed up the exercise in general.
The system analyst will in my opinion be driving this, hence full control of the plan should lie with him/her. Project milestones, etc should me controlled by this person. Testers and documenters would shadow the work of the programmer(s) and the analyst.

Not forgetting the application "owner" who should be available at all levels to assist the programming effort.

nice team..

Back
Top Bottom